By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3/360 TOPS 100 mil units WW

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:

In some instances it's stupid to combine HD sales, in others it's logical and stupid NOT to.

The fact they beat the Wii together IS important in some factors. 100 mill userbase is obviously better than 85 mill ...

It's an irrelevant statistic, because installed bases never really played a part in decisions concerning which games should go where. It's only about bragging rights.

Keep kidding yourself Rol, you know all it took for Wii to get widespread decent, core 3rd party support was to cross that 50% marketshare border, alas it never happened!

Around the Network

Impressive, but not as impressive as this milestone.

By the way, after recent research I have discovered that SD consoles this gen have far surpassed HD consoles.

Carl2291 said:

By the way, after recent research I have discovered that SD consoles this gen have far surpassed HD consoles.

I guess that's after throwing in the PS2 sales in that period too? 

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Carl2291 said:

Damn right. And the DS, and the PSP.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
NotStan said:
Carl2291 said:

Damn right. And the DS, and the PSP.

One could count them separately as they do have different marketshare % on the main VGC page though, considering they're both handhelds. But nevertheless it's impressive that Wii PS2 added together attain an amount higher than the HD consoles both released this generation.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Seece said:
RolStoppable said:
Seece said:

In some instances it's stupid to combine HD sales, in others it's logical and stupid NOT to.

The fact they beat the Wii together IS important in some factors. 100 mill userbase is obviously better than 85 mill ...

It's an irrelevant statistic, because installed bases never really played a part in decisions concerning which games should go where. It's only about bragging rights.

Keep kidding yourself Rol, you know all it took for Wii to get widespread decent, core 3rd party support was to cross that 50% marketshare border, alas it never happened!

seece is right, there are cases where the combined ps360 stat makes sense.  from a third party publisher's perspective they look at which market places their investments can go.  wii is it's own marketplace due to the lower specs and distinctive motion controller.  ps360 is a combined marketplace because the hardware is so simular.

i completely agree with seece; if wii had been able to cross the 50% marketshare we'd be seeing a much different landscape of game releases.

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:

Uhm, weren't you one of the biggest proponents for the whole "Third parties can't ignore the Wii now that it is selling so much and is reaching a significant installed base." credo? I'm fairly certain you were. In fact; I'm positive.

Should be on sales section, so please use this thread for discussion http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=125531

This IS a significant milestone and is the primary reason why 3rd parties continue to put major titles on PS360 and will continue to do so.

What I find funny is the Wii outsells the PS360 combined people (they used to say that every week like 1.5 years ago when it used to happen regularly) are saying we shouldn't combine PS360 here. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey