By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3/360 TOPS 100 mil units WW

5,5 years have passed since 360 launch in nov 2005 and 4,5 years since ps3 launch

now combined sales are over 100 mil a Win for HD 

Around the Network

Actually it's 5.25 and 4.25 years. But regardless congradulations to the HD consoles. I wonder where they'll top out at. 180 million? 190 million?

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Yeah good job Xbox 360 and PS3!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Honestly speaking, I need this question answered! I personally never seen 360 fans do this, but why do ps3 users feel the need to combine both consoles to show a better reflection of the current market structure. I'm just curious, since I don't see 360 fans doing it. If both products were virtually the same, people like me wouldn't buy "the same" product twice. 

Why not just add PC market as well, since they are so close to the HD market, and typically contribute a huge amount of sales to the market.  

Oh and just so I don't sound so negative, I congratulate both individually, On their sucess in the market and respected milestones that they will climb. Two of the highest selling consoles of any generations. 

Yessss!

HDomination!

Around the Network
Acevil said:

Honestly speaking, I need this question answered! I personally never seen 360 fans do this, but why do ps3 users feel the need to combine both consoles to show a better reflection of the current market structure. I'm just curious, since I don't see 360 fans doing it. If both products were virtually the same, people like me wouldn't buy "the same" product twice. 

Why not just add PC market as well, since they are so close to the HD market, and typically contribute a huge amount of sales to the market.  

Oh and just so I don't sound so negative, I congratulate both individually, On their sucess in the market and respected milestones that they will climb. Two of the highest selling consoles of any generations. 

Because Microsoft fans, are alright with having decent sales, and continued growth. 

On topic: Really, this is kind of stupid. Wooh, they can beat the Wii if we add both of them up >___>

Such an accomplisment 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

In some instances it's stupid to combine HD sales, in others it's logical and stupid NOT to.

The fact they beat the Wii together IS important in some factors. 100 mill userbase is obviously better than 85 mill ...

Seece said:

In some instances it's stupid to combine HD sales, in others it's logical and stupid NOT to.

The fact they beat the Wii together IS important in some factors. 100 mill userbase is obviously better than 85 mill ...

In terms of market potiential I totally agree with you (In which case I would add the PC potiential user base as well, which would mean we reached this 100 million potiential customers milestone awhile back), but I don't see why consumer bases are combined namely with multiplatform owners like me exist. 

I don't know.. Seems a bit of a useless milestone.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

RolStoppable said:

That's quite impressive for two shooter boxes.

shooters beating cartoons just aint fair.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)