By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - why are so many ps3 games undertracked?

why are so many ps3 games undertracked?

gt5 is undertracked 46 29.87%

gt5 is where it should be 36 23.38%

all ps3 games are undertracked 72 46.75%

Total:154

Wow this is really getting anyoing now! Stil no awnsers from anyone that why nothing is been done about it. Maybe we could have a writer form gamerfeed telling us why this game is undertracked. People are getting pretty pissed of, and as per the poll most people think GT5 is undertracked.

Around the Network
ryuatsui said:

They're not at all that undertracked, remember the shipped numbers are not the sold numbers, one company can ship 1 million to stores and only sell 700k units, and in my contry Sony ship a lots of games to stores sometimes the number is so huge and they stay there for months

Yeah it has been 3 months since the second shipment has been out! Accoeding to VG the first shippment has just sold out!

Sony's probably preparing for the 3rd shipment already.

Torillian said:
Acevil said:
Torillian said:
phinch1 said:
osamanobama said:

only a 3 day ban, thats weak. it should have been more.

i dont think ive seen someone troll sony related topics more than him

I know he's always doing it but he normally keeps it a sly dig, this time he was just an outright nob about it

I don't get how he is a mod

Kowenicki is no longer staff, which is why the text for his name is in black, and he certainly isn't a mod.

OT: I don't think PS3 games are under or overtracked more than any other console's games.  For the most part I think Brett does a perfectly fine job at sales tracking, it just isn't perfect because you can never have 100% coverage for data like that.

Was Kowen ever mod? I don't get how one would think he is a mod. 

You are correct, he was never a mod, but I think people just use mod and staff as synonyms sometimes

exactly that! my bad though

phinch1 said:
Torillian said:
Acevil said:
Torillian said:
phinch1 said:
osamanobama said:

only a 3 day ban, thats weak. it should have been more.

i dont think ive seen someone troll sony related topics more than him

I know he's always doing it but he normally keeps it a sly dig, this time he was just an outright nob about it

I don't get how he is a mod

Kowenicki is no longer staff, which is why the text for his name is in black, and he certainly isn't a mod.

OT: I don't think PS3 games are under or overtracked more than any other console's games.  For the most part I think Brett does a perfectly fine job at sales tracking, it just isn't perfect because you can never have 100% coverage for data like that.

Was Kowen ever mod? I don't get how one would think he is a mod. 

You are correct, he was never a mod, but I think people just use mod and staff as synonyms sometimes

exactly that! my bad though

edited by request - Tor

@dsage01

ioi ADJUSTED GT5 sales... not it seems no more undertracked.

Around the Network

The most undertracked title of VGC that I remember of the last days is Killzone3. Bet it has sold way more than the claimed 530K (as of it's first data posted on VGC) Worldwide and will see another 120 - 150K first week sales when it is released in Japan. But even it it was just sold 250 - 280K times in the US doesn't mean it's that low in Europe as well... Was barely to get over here nationwide in the first days and ranked 1st in Amazon.de as well. So I guess Killzone3 truly was undertracked as some other PS3 titles as well...

Thing is, I can just judge on PS3 titles since I am barely interested in other consoles. But yeah concerning sales of PS3 SW I would agree to the OP, but for all games of PS3.

Life is short... It is all about priorities!

I am a Freerider 4 life, no matter if on a surfboard in the sea, a snowboard or ski in the mountains or the combo with a kite in the plains... Adrenaline's my engine and better than any video game can ever be - Check it out! ^.^b

it's*

I trust no one, not even myself.

Yep, PS3 hardware and its games starting with Valkyria Chronicles are always undertracked.

XeNoStRatoS said:

The most undertracked title of VGC that I remember of the last days is Killzone3. Bet it has sold way more than the claimed 530K (as of it's first data posted on VGC) Worldwide and will see another 120 - 150K first week sales when it is released in Japan. But even it it was just sold 250 - 280K times in the US doesn't mean it's that low in Europe as well... Was barely to get over here nationwide in the first days and ranked 1st in Amazon.de as well. So I guess Killzone3 truly was undertracked as some other PS3 titles as well...

Thing is, I can just judge on PS3 titles since I am barely interested in other consoles. But yeah concerning sales of PS3 SW I would agree to the OP, but for all games of PS3.

Well i don't think we have much proof for killzone 3 but i am sure it is undertracked by around 40-50k first week and it isn't that big of a deal. Anyways i am happy that GT5 is closer to the actual sales of the game! updated to 6 million in  15 weeks 

It's not just a PS3 problem.

For Example, to my knowledge, MHTri, Black Ops, Epic Mickey, Goldeneye, Okami, UDraw and many others are undertracked on the Wii.

Its an issue, yes. But this site never said it was exact, just in the general area. So that's good enough for me

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.