By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Buzzi said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
cyberninja45 said:

Poor Ps3. Just when its time comes to finally be first for once the 3ds comes out.

I don't think home consoles are competing with handheld..at least not in a ww sales sense

Actually I saw many people saying "250$ is too much, I could get a ps3 for just 50$ more". That seems competition to me.

on the forumz? :P sure. But the thing is if one is in the market looking for a console for home, they won't buy a handheld, different audiences.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:

"3DS was the worst launch for a Nintendo handheld ever"

Someone confirme that? I know it below DS and GBA.

Actually, no. 

It sold out its initial shipment, if it was a 1,000,000 shipment it would likely be above 500k FW

Also, I don't think Nintendo will be crying over the fact they're a few k behind the launch of the DS, soon to be the MOST SUCCESSFUL CONSOLE EVER

Amongst handhelds.  I still hold it isn't as impressive as PS2's home console sales, but then again it hasn't passed yet anyway!  :P 

i think Bulletstorm in general got Killzowned. its alright Epic, GOW3 will dominate

patapon said:

Now Killzone is fucking with cliffy b

lol well said

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

ethomaz said:

i love how people keep denying the existance of the virtual boy  

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Not really surprised that the PS3 is the best selling console worldwide didn't it get discounted pretty much everywhere lately. Pretty much everyone seemed to cut the  price of the ps3 lately looks like a price drop will happen soon.  The Wii really needs one I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't cut the price already. The Wii can't really be that expensive to manufacture so I'm sure they can afford it.

dsister said:
ethomaz said:

Didn't they sell all they shipped?

~93% - shipped 400k sold 374k

NYANKS said:
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:

Actually, no. 

It sold out its initial shipment, if it was a 1,000,000 shipment it would likely be above 500k FW

Also, I don't think Nintendo will be crying over the fact they're a few k behind the launch of the DS, soon to be the MOST SUCCESSFUL CONSOLE EVER

Amongst handhelds.  I still hold it isn't as impressive as PS2's home console sales, but then again it hasn't passed yet anyway!  :P 

Will do this year though

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'm surprised at the extent of the KZ3 boost for a relatively low week 1. Was there something else that bumped PS3 in addition to KZ3? The LG dispute hadn't hit before 26 Feb, so there's no panic buying factor in EMEAA, that should hit in this weeks stats.

PS3 Bulletstorm numbers amply demonstrate the idiocy of releasing a new FPS IP against KZ3. What was EA thinking? I get this horrible feeling that there was something intentional in sending Bulletstorm out to die on PS3. Has there been a multiplat shooter that's failed so badly on PS3 yet opened reasonably well on 360? I can't believe BS would have done this badly on PS3 if it was released with a bit of daylight between it and a PS3 exclusive shooter that appeals to the same sort of demographic.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

I'm surprised at the extent of the KZ3 boost for a relatively low week 1. Was there something else that bumped PS3 in addition to KZ3? The LG dispute hadn't hit before 26 Feb, so there's no panic buying factor in EMEAA, that should hit in this weeks stats.

PS3 Bulletstorm numbers amply demonstrate the idiocy of releasing a new FPS IP against KZ3. What was EA thinking? I get this horrible feeling that there was something intentional in sending Bulletstorm out to die on PS3. Has there been a multiplat shooter that's failed so badly on PS3 yet opened reasonably well on 360? I can't believe BS would have done this badly on PS3 if it was released with a bit of daylight between it and a PS3 exclusive shooter that appeals to the same sort of demographic.

Borderlands comes to mind, but I don't think the ratio was as skewed as this one is.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.