By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario 3DS and Zelda SS will flop

It's impossible for them to flop, Mario is Mario and Zelda is Zelda, both games are gonna be great, so why flop!?

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Only thing I know is that SS will struggle to sell over 5 million.

Wow some of you guys are really good at judging by just looking at four screens! I wish I was that good!

I am ok with the SS style it looks good actually better than TP and I am looking foreword too what the new Mario has to offer. What I see is a totally different thing than Mario Galaxy. Iwata said Mario games evolve with new things so yes this will be like super Mario Galaxy noot!!!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Slimebeast said:

Now this, ah, here is a bet I would not willingly take.

TheWon said:

Isn't their a site for Malstrom type comments or at least a thread for it! Zelda SS is not going to move system, but no Zelda has ever move Nintendo hardware. 

Other than that the 3D Mario game has to potential to do what the others before it has 10 to 8 million copies.Thats' better than 90% of most games on the market.  This is just another amongst many of so called fans who want a 2D Mario game. Everytime Nintendo makes a console. If it was up to them the N64 would have launched with a 2D Mario game. Instead of Nintendo pushing the envelope and bringing in the 3D console gaming era. I'm want great games not matter how the are presented. With the way these people act it reminds me of the hardcore gamers. They say are hurting the current gaming world. No your the same! Selfish gamers who want only what you want!

In the past there was, but we broke it. Then there was another, but i personally broke that one quite by accident, but multiple times. Perhaps there should be one anew?

On topic, as you admitted it's way too soon to call on Mario 3DS. We should at least wait to see how the game plays, because making assumptions before that point is just using M3DS as a pawn in larger intra-nintendo-fanbase ideological arguments for no purpose other than to retread arguments that have already been beaten to death with no basis, and i'm rather bothered that it is being used that way already

As to Zelda, even in that case we don't know. Whatever happened to the call on the Malstromites' end for more Motion Plus content? Given what we saw in the trailers, we can infer that combat will now be deeper than it has once been before, meaningful swordfighting requiring you to think on your feet. What we can see from the trailer should only provide encouragement for broader sales rather than discouragement, and i can't see a way that one could claim to be giving the game a fair chance in terms of broader appeal, and yet feel poorly about what they saw in that trailer

And in Zelda's case though we know of the deeper combat, we know nothing of the other mechanics that might be important towards creating more mass-market appeal. We know all too little about this game overall still

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
Khuutra said:
Soleron said:

(for the record: I'm not convinced concerning your reasoning for their selling below par within the context of their own series, and I'm less convinced that you have any concrete indication of their sales expectations from within Nintendo - though I wil grant that Nintendo probably expects them to move more numbers than you do)

Yes, agreed.

It's mostly the feeling that I don't like these games (when I am a core customer with thousands of dollars sunk into solely Nintendo products) and that they are away from what the market has shown they want that lead me to this topic. I don't think the reasoning in the first post is good either.

Nintendo makes the games they want to make and then sell the idea to consumers. Using what the consumer wants to create a game is dangerous. Didn't you listen to the keynote? :D

Also I think Mario is going to be turning into animals in the 3DS game. Who needs suits when you can be a flying raccoon?

Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:

Now this, ah, here is a bet I would not willingly take.

I would. It's in the bag, obvious etc.

If I had the chance I'd take it

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Zelda SS will only bomb in Germany.

Oh wait..

Take a look at my photos on flickr

I'm keeping track of this topic untill we see what the sales will really be like

snrkt, THIS is considered an informed argument?