By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tool released which switches PS3 console IDs, unbans consoles

I blame:

Microsoft

Geohot

Canada

Piracy

Cancer

Global Warming

World Hunger

The existence of Justin Bieber

Geohot

The continent of South America

and finally

Canada

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

Sony needs to get smart about how they approach this. Going after them solely immediately summons the idiotic,tired ass symbolic fight of big mean corporation vs. the little guy.

Here is what I would do if I were Sony. Band together with GameStop, Wal-Mart, and all the used video game sellers, get the names of at least a dozen or so of these hackers, ask the used video game sellers to file the lawsuit as a group in a class action, as Sony front the legal expenses for the class action lawsuit, and sue the hackers so that their great, great,great, great grandchildren will be living in extreme poverty.

Sony is not going to win this one by claiming damages and future damages as a single entity. They need GameStop, Wal-Mart, and the entire used video game industry to make the argument that what these hackers are doing is compromising a whole industry because compromised consoles cannot be sold without a risk to the seller and buyer.

Hackers can argue well, "I was doing it for private use...blah, blah, blah, blah, blah and blah." That being said, their argument is laughable when the fruit of their actions appears on the Internet with instructions for other individuals to do the same thing. Finally, with their individual actions done, shown on the Internet, and replicated they really don't have a cogent argument as to how individuals compromising PS3s will not affect the next user of that PS3 once they sell it used.

Acevil said:

Time for sony to make the next move.

Really? I think they should work on making the initial one successful first

...I'm sorry, that was horrible

mantlepiecek said:

I think they should make it a combination of IP address, console ID and MAC address and blacklist them. That way, an innocent will never be harmed.

Yeah, they should at least use some kind of combination.

MAC address can be spoofed too. So, that's not safe neither.

poroporo said:
disolitude said:
Frank_kc said:

This tool didnt prove that it is working. I have been reading through many forums and most of who tried the tool couldnt unban themselves from PSN.

Thats because 9 out of 10 people trying it are just randomly generating PS3 console IDs and not getting authentic ones. you need an authentic PS3 ID or need to get lucky with the random ID generator tool...

The tool works, guide on how use it and log in to PSN with a banned console posted on various forums.

Then it's pretty useless as they'll get banned repeatedly, also potentially banning legit users for no reason.

How nice of those idiots.

That is why, you should avoid killing innocent people when fight crime, at all costs. You just don't go blaming the innocent people for sacrifice for the greater good.

Around the Network
patapon said:
Acevil said:

:P I laughed, so you got me there. 

Galaki said:
mantlepiecek said:

I think they should make it a combination of IP address, console ID and MAC address and blacklist them. That way, an innocent will never be harmed.

Yeah, they should at least use some kind of combination.

MAC address can be spoofed too. So, that's not safe neither.

Acevil said:
patapon said:
Acevil said:

:P I laughed, so you got me there. 

I bet you really do want a new move, but one that changes from blue to red and jizzes fire just like in your sig

And honestly, I think we all do

mantlepiecek said:

And now I'm beginning to freak out wondering whether the PSN access can ban me as the innocent.

awwwww sweet, these guys are messing with other folks that would otherwise not have done anything like this by swapping IDs,I know I'd be pretty pissed off if I bought a PS3 and it didn't connect online because some D-bag decided to hack stuff.  how will the the hacking supporters and apologists turn this into a good thing this time?