By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tool released which switches PS3 console IDs, unbans consoles

Icyedge said:
disolitude said:

IMO Sony should have never picked a fight with the hacking community...seems like its getting out of control.

Banning the console off PSN was a normal move though. Im pretty sure this tool would have come out whatever Sony did beside that.

My comment is more aimed at Sony removing other os 10 months ago. Seems like everything started then...

Around the Network

Too bad MACs can also be changed. :<

Oh well. Activation key-based games is the only thing that can work now.

This tool didnt prove that it is working. I have been reading through many forums and most of who tried the tool couldnt unban themselves from PSN.

MAC can be changed too... so console ID or MAC result in the same.

And that kind of news can be post in VGC?

Frank_kc said:

This tool didnt prove that it is working. I have been reading through many forums and most of who tried the tool couldnt unban themselves from PSN.

Thats because 9 out of 10 people trying it are just randomly generating PS3 console IDs and not getting authentic ones. you need an authentic PS3 ID or need to get lucky with the random ID generator tool...

The tool works, guide on how use it and log in to PSN with a banned console posted on various forums.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Frank_kc said:

Thats because 9 out of 10 people trying it are just randomly generating PS3 console IDs and not getting authentic ones. you need an authentic PS3 ID or need to get lucky with the random ID generator tool...

The tool works, guide on how use it and log in to PSN with a banned console posted on various forums.

Then it's pretty useless as they'll get banned repeatedly, also potentially banning legit users for no reason.

How nice of those idiots.

look at the magic of homebrew at work... yeah the hackers must be destroyed.

poroporo said:
disolitude said:
Frank_kc said:

Then it's pretty useless as they'll get banned repeatedly, also potentially banning legit users for no reason.

How nice of those idiots.

yeah, it could get ugly for people buying used ps3s. Apparently the ID generator tool works, but you may need to try multiple times to find one that works.

Also its quite tedious, as you have to run this tool every time you want to connect to PSN. When you shut down your console, PS3 ID gets changed back to original one.

This is fucking serious?, does Sony know about this?, how would someone go about contacting sony to tell them?

hehey said:

This is fucking serious?, does Sony know about this?, how would someone go about contacting sony to tell them?

Im sure sony knows this by now. I mean its all over every hacking forum on the net... If sonys new "anti piracy" division doesn't visit PS3hax.net...they are not doing their job.