By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
4k1x3r said:
XanderZane said:
Reach said:

How the hell does Ps3 increased so much in NA ?

Promotions ?

Serious overtrack. I see an adjustment in the very near future. I could understand if something was released to cause the PS3 sales to rise 15%, but besides Marvel vs Capcom 3 (which doesn't really move systems) and Bulletstorm ,(which will sell better on the XBox 360), there nothing that would cause this increase. There hasn't been any PS3 shortages in the U.S.  So I'm expecting a fairly large adjustment for the PS3 next week.

"Conegamer said:

...do you want to say I was right now NYanks?

Seriously, all is well. PS3>360, Wii close by...

All very good"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Until the numbers get adjusted of course. Let's wait for that first before we celebrate. lol!!

The PS3 was adjusted up for the past 4 weeks. Serious overtrack bla bla, it's only because there are serious deals on the PS3.

And it will be adjusted down after the NPD numbers are released, just like in January. It was adjusted up in Jan too, until the NPD came out. I definitely think this week is off. There's nothing to justify the large increase, especially after it has been dropping week after week. 

'gaming till I'm gone'

Around the Network

I miss being able to look at more of the software

radiantshadow92 said:
Reach said:

Promotions ?

Mad gift card deals. Sony is trying to stock out on thier 160gb ps3

That explains the 15% jump. Marvel vs. Capcom helped PS3 too (it's favored on the PS3), but still.

I expect PS3 to be ontop next week as well because of Killzone, but not by too much. It's still a tie overall.

BTW I noticed back weeks were adjusted, PS3 is looking better.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Jay520 said:
D-Joe said:
Jay520 said:

XBOX Just Got Killzowned

LOL Just kidding. Good numbers for both HD consoles. 

is that mean Killzone never catch up HALO?

not yet....

No it's a representation of the people who play Killzone and Halo. Halo is mostly little kids, and Killzone is people who have a copy of GT5 as well, Still the damn little kid can outrun that Subaru.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Jay520 said:

PS3 also adjusted up in past weeks

Yes.. it was adjust up weeks in Jan too. Then the NPD came out and it got adjusted down. My problem is, no adjustment has been made yet for the PS3 's US sales, so how does it have a 15% increase over the 'adjusted up' numbers from last week? Why didn't the 360 and Wii get large increases as well? That's my problem. No one has a valid explanation yet.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Around the Network
XanderZane said:
Jay520 said:

Yes.. it was adjust up weeks in Jan too. Then the NPD came out and it got adjusted down. My problem is, no adjustment has been made yet for the PS3 's US sales, so how does it have a 14% increase over the adjusted up numbers from last week? Why didn't the 360 and Wii get large increases as well? That's my problem. No one has a valid explanation yet.

PS3 don't need a valid explanation...

...It Only Does Everything

pezus said:
XanderZane said:
snfr said:
XanderZane said:
Reach said:

Promotions ?

Serious overtrack. I see an adjustment in the very near future. I could understand if something was released to cause the PS3 sales to rise 15%, but besides Marvel vs Capcom 3 (which doesn't really move systems) and Bulletstorm ,(which will sell better on the XBox 360), there nothing that would cause this increase. There hasn't been any PS3 shortages in the U.S.  So I'm expecting a fairly large adjustment for the PS3 next week.

PS3 has been adjusted up the last few weeks in Americas. Wouldn't really make much sense to me if it was even close to being overtracked...

Uuumm.. it was adjusted DOWN alone with the XBox 360 when the NPD numbers came out for January. So what are you talking about? It's definitely overtracked,and when the NPD numbers come out again for Feb you will see this to be TRUE once again.

This is pure speculation so when you say "definitely overtracked" it has no meaning...at all.

Well the stats on this page is pretty meaningless. So what I say shouldn't have any effect on anything. Inaccurate is inaccurate, no matter how much you estimate. lol!!

'gaming till I'm gone'

Jay520 said:
XanderZane said:
Jay520 said:

Yes.. it was adjust up weeks in Jan too. Then the NPD came out and it got adjusted down. My problem is, no adjustment has been made yet for the PS3 's US sales, so how does it have a 14% increase over the adjusted up numbers from last week? Why didn't the 360 and Wii get large increases as well? That's my problem. No one has a valid explanation yet.

PS3 don't need a valid explanation...

...It Only Does Everything

That's because there isn't one. lol!! Estimation FTW. I'll wait and see what adjustments VGC makes this week.

'gaming till I'm gone'

XanderZane said:
Jay520 said:

Yes.. it was adjust up weeks in Jan too. Then the NPD came out and it got adjusted down. My problem is, no adjustment has been made yet for the PS3 's US sales, so how does it have a 15% increase over the 'adjusted up' numbers from last week? Why didn't the 360 and Wii get large increases as well? That's my problem. No one has a valid explanation yet.

Discounts on 160 Gig units, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is also favored more on the PS3.

Why no YOY comparissons?

ConsoleWeekly (change)Total
DS 316,797 ( 6%) 124,868,731
Wii 296,227 ( 13%) 67,771,950
PS3 241,348 ( 6%) 33,705,186
X360 195,678 ( 2%) 38,076,011
PSP 154,098 ( 6%) 57,458,644
PS2 86,022 ( 10%) 137,943,555

PS3 down 38k (-16%)

360 up 7k (4%)

DS down 132k (-42%)

Wii down 132k (-45%)

PSP down 13k (-8%)

Edit: Huh? I have no idea why the text got smaller.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4