By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Nintendogamer said:
Reach said:

How the hell does Ps3 increased so much in NA ?

Promotions ?

I reckon Killzone 3.  Also I noticed Wii increased too.

LOL!! Killzone 3 isn't even in the Top 10 on the list, so no, that's definitely not the reason. Try again.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Around the Network
XanderZane said:
Nintendogamer said:
Reach said:

Promotions ?

LOL!! Killzone 3 isn't even in the Top 10 on the list, so no, that's definitely not the reason. Try again.

Main reason it isn't in the top 10 is that it wasn't out....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

XanderZane said:
Nintendogamer said:
Reach said:

Promotions ?

Out next week

edit: numbers i mean

XanderZane said:
Reach said:

Promotions ?

Serious overtrack. I see an adjustment in the very near future. I could understand if something was released to cause the PS3 sales to rise 15%, but besides Marvel vs Capcom 3 (which doesn't really move systems) and Bulletstorm ,(which will sell better on the XBox 360), there nothing that would cause this increase. There hasn't been any PS3 shortages in the U.S.  So I'm expecting a fairly large adjustment for the PS3 next week.

Ps3 is allways undertracked, kinda everywhere. You allways see ps3 under the xbox every week, but if you look back now on the weeks table, or how much is sold this year, ps3 is allways above, so ajustements will only go up (if they would do anything)

XanderZane said:
Reach said:

Promotions ?

Serious overtrack. I see an adjustment in the very near future. I could understand if something was released to cause the PS3 sales to rise 15%, but besides Marvel vs Capcom 3 (which doesn't really move systems) and Bulletstorm ,(which will sell better on the XBox 360), there nothing that would cause this increase. There hasn't been any PS3 shortages in the U.S.  So I'm expecting a fairly large adjustment for the PS3 next week.

"Conegamer said:

...do you want to say I was right now NYanks?

Seriously, all is well. PS3>360, Wii close by...

All very good"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Until the numbers get adjusted of course. Let's wait for that first before we celebrate. lol!!

The PS3 was adjusted up for the past 4 weeks. Serious overtrack bla bla, it's only because there are serious deals on the PS3.

Around the Network
Cunning_Linguist said:
XanderZane said:
Nintendogamer said:
Reach said:

Promotions ?

Out next week

edit: numbers i mean

Which means it didn't have any relevance to the totals THIS WEEK. That's my point. It had no effect on why the PS3 numbers increased?

'gaming till I'm gone'

XanderZane said:
Reach said:

Promotions ?

PS3 has been adjusted up the last few weeks in Americas. Wouldn't really make much sense to me if it was even close to being overtracked...

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

BenVTrigger said:
Euphoria14 said:

BenVTrigger said:

Yes, just started.  They didn't start making profit till the 3rd quarter of last year.  You are aware that the PS3 is currently the biggest loss of revenue at launch of any system correct?  Even more than the original Xbox was to MS.

Given the fact Sony themselves JUST said last week its more important for them to focus on revenue than outselling MS I think its pretty obvious there will be no price cut.  They are still so far negative in terms of re-couping PS3's losses it just financially would be a huge mistake to cut price.

Sorry to hop into your discussion but I have been wondering this for a while.

Why does everyone just point out that that PS3 has these major losses even though the reason for that is due to Bluray?

How much of that revenue loss has been made up due to increase BluRay penetration?

What?

Bluray had nothing to do with PS3 losses at all other than being part of the reason why it was so expensive along with the Cell.  The two division don't overlap at all so increased Bluray sales won't cover losses in the Playstation division, they're handled seperate.

Not to mention PSN has been posting losses every single year, and they say this year will be the first it does ever post a profit.  MS and Nintendo have both not cut price in 2 years and both systems sell at a profit and have for a long time now.  The PS3 JUST started selling for a profit and already has had more price cut's than the other two systems.  Now finally when they start earning their money back they are gonna cut price and lose all that revenue?  It just makes no financial sense at all and I don't see why people think Sony are gonna run around and cut price every single year. 

BluRay had to do with why PS3 was so expensive. The high price tag is why it lost so much money early on.

It was added to act as a trojan horse to help Bluray win the format war.

So while you're right that increased BD sales do not show up in the gaming divisions financials, you must remember that SCE isn't all of SONY. They took a hit in one place to benefit another.

I think my argument is totally fair considering people claim that BluRay won the war because of it's inclusion inside the PS3.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Ultr said:
XanderZane said:
Reach said:

Promotions ?

Ps3 is allways undertracked, kinda everywhere. You allways see ps3 under the xbox every week, but if you look back now on the weeks table, or how much is sold this year, ps3 is allways above, so ajustements will only go up (if they would do anything)

Not in this case it isn't undertracked. No system would surge 15% unless a big bundled title was released during the week. I could see a 2% or even 3% increase maybe, but 15% is way , way off here. I see a good  5K-10K drop for the PS3 this weekend. Maybe VGC thought KZ3 was out that week and made a mistake. The PS3 is not always above. How long have you been on this site? The Wii has always been on top for the first 2 years of the PS3 existance. PS3 was never above until the PS3 Slim got released.

'gaming till I'm gone'

snfr said:
XanderZane said:
Reach said:

Promotions ?

PS3 has been adjusted up the last few weeks in Americas. Wouldn't really make much sense to me if it was even close to being overtracked...

Uuumm.. it was adjusted DOWN alone with the XBox 360 when the NPD numbers came out for January. So what are you talking about? It's definitely overtracked,and when the NPD numbers come out again for Feb you will see this to be TRUE once again.

'gaming till I'm gone'