By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - *My 2011 Sales Predictions!*

*Sound Of Rain said:

*Note*__I have reduced my Wii prediction from 105 Million to 100 Million due to Vitality Sensor being a no show at GDC. To be honest I still feel as though that Vitality Sensor has HUGE potential  to be a hit...not only sales wise but I am personally still looking forward to it and now hope to see it as part of Nintendo's next Home System but if it comes out on Wii I will still be excited...LOL I just hope it was moved to the next system...thank you.

Then why shall not comment on your predictions since they are not really predictions anymore if you are gonna start changing them accordingly as time passes by. You either stick to your predictions or keep them to yourselves, because people won't care about them if they are changing everyday.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

*Note*__I have reduced my Wii prediction from 105 Million to 100 Million due to Vitality Sensor being a no show at GDC. To be honest I still feel as though that Vitality Sensor has HUGE potential  to be a hit...not only sales wise but I am personally still looking forward to it and now hope to see it as part of Nintendo's next Home System but if it comes out on Wii I will still be excited...LOL I just hope it was moved to the next system...thank you.

Then why shall not comment on your predictions since they are not really predictions anymore if you are gonna start changing them accordingly as time passes by. You either stick to your predictions or keep them to yourselves, because people won't care about them if they are changing everyday.

I know...I shouldn't have made all of these predictions to start with...I am sorry.

Post was fixed...predictions remain the same.

*Sound Of Rain said:
trestres said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

I know...I shouldn't have made all of these predictions to start with...I am sorry.

No, it's OK you've done them, but you gotta stick to them until the ned. There's nothing to be sorry about. After all this is a sales site and you can have fun :)

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
trestres said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

No, it's OK you've done them, but you gotta stick to them until the ned. There's nothing to be sorry about. After all this is a sales site and you can have fun :)

I changed it back and edited my big bolded post LOL.

*Sound Of Rain said:
trestres said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
trestres said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

I changed it back and edited my big bolded post LOL.

That's the way xD

I've made a few predictions in the past as well and guess I've had my does of failure, like for example predictiong that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers was gonna get cancelled and moved to other platform- Good times when I was served crow.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Nintendo Only Shows A Product or Game When There Ready to Do So (VS related)

Ninten78 said:

Like when they showed VS at E3 2 years ago.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

I have no idea why your expectations for the Vitality Sensor are so high. Unless I've missed something, they haven't mentioned it for over a year and a half, and even then, it was just some sort of thing in which you stick your finger.

I agree with pretty much everything else except the Wii prediction (partly because of the above, and also declining sales in general, as well as a shift of support towards the 3DS)

As for the 3DS > PS3 prediction, it should manage that comfortably. This is the successor to the DS we're talking about, so I wouldn't be surprised if it hit 15-16 million by the end of the year.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

thx1139 said:
Ninten78 said:

Like when they showed VS at E3 2 years ago.

lol

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

It’s not surprising that you want to know more information about the Wii Vitality Sensor.  Believe me, we are every bit as excited as you are to learn more about what’s coming!

Having said that, Nintendo is very careful to only show a product when the developers are ready to do so.  Also, we tend to concentrate on showing off products coming out in the near future.  This means that you know as much as anyone else outside the development teams about this accessory.  We just don’t have any additional information to provide.

Eventually, we will pull back the curtain and share all new and exciting details on our website (www.nintendo.com).  In the meantime, however, we appreciate your patience as development continues and ask that you continue checking the website. am email i asked