By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So what exactly IS Microsofts first Party working on? Losing the Core gamer?

M.U.G.E.N said:

lol....yeah that's why they announced Gears3, Forza and Starwars Kinect @ last years E3  :P only halo remake remains to be announced.(for this years release)

Forza 4 is getting released soon, gears is getting released this year. They said that for Forza, they thought originally Gears was best for last year then they changed it. Codename kingdoms etc etc.

Of all the ps3 games this year that are apparently the big ones when were they announced?

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
osamanobama said:

yeah, there pretty much been only one game that was announced years in advanced by Sony and that was GT5, but some reason people try to claim that as the rule not the exception. sony isnt any different than microsoft with game announcement (mostly)

ok because your jumping in on a conversation between two other people ill get you to answer it, when were they first announced?

AussieGecko said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

lol....yeah that's why they announced Gears3, Forza and Starwars Kinect @ last years E3  :P only halo remake remains to be announced.(for this years release)

Forza 4 is getting released soon, gears is getting released this year. They said that for Forza, they thought originally Gears was best for last year then they changed it. Codename kingdoms etc etc.

Of all the ps3 games this year that are apparently the big ones when were they announced?

My thing though, is even out of the three games you just listed only a single game is 1st party.  Forza. 

I agree MS is still getting great exclusive games but almost all of them are coming from the 3rd party.  My beef is with MS themselves, I mean what are their teams working on?  Either they are preparing an epic list of tons of games that they've all been working on in secret, or the 1st party outside of Kinect stuff is pretty much at a complete stand still.

BenVTrigger said:

My thing though, is even out of the three games you just listed only a single game is 1st party.  Forza. 

I agree MS is still getting great exclusive games but almost all of them are coming from the 3rd party.  My beef is with MS themselves, I mean what are their teams working on?  Either they are preparing an epic list of tons of games that they've all been working on in secret, or the 1st party outside of Kinect stuff is pretty much at a complete stand still.

Ms treats their 3rd party exclusives like their first party, even some multiplats see homefront and call of duty.

Ms forces companies to keep things secret, no-one had a single iota of what Code:name Kingdoms was before the announcement at E3 and it ha apparently been going for awhile. It is the same as Gunslinger.

osamanobama said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
AussieGecko said:
Squilliam said:

Ask Twesterm about Star Wars: Kinect.... Oh... Wait! Yeah! He probably wouldn't tell you anything!

So is that what Twesterm is doing... I always wondered haha

Ms why must you mock us so with your abilities but only show what they are near release... why cant you be like sony and we actually know what it is before it is released haha

yeah, there pretty much been only one game that was announced years in advanced by Sony and that was GT5, but some reason people try to claim that as the rule not the exception. sony isnt any different than microsoft with game announcement (mostly)

I agree .

Don't why people started feeling as though MS is very different.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
AussieGecko said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

umm did you miss my post? we know what their first party studios are doing (or we can at least assume) unless you think I missed a studio or two I don't see where there are studios are sitting around or we have no idea what they are working on. They just don't have that many first party studios especially after they axed Ensomble their at the time 3rd largest studio (behind Bungie and Lionhead) like I said unless they have some unknown studios they just don't have any more room. They have just never had a big first party TBH they have always relied on third and second party studios.

look at my next post for further clarification see my next post

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

AussieGecko said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

doesn't matter what happened to them or when sony do their thing..fact of the matter is almost all the heavy hitters on the ms exclusive core line up (even some multiplat with PC ones like xcom) were announed last year at E3

Even before that, correct me if I'm wrong but Crackdown 2, Halo Reach, Alan Wake, SC Conviction etc etc were all announced the year before or earlier. I can't think of a single core title they announced and also released in the same year last year.

This whole they announce things way late compared to Sony story is a myth imo. Not even sure when or why it came to be. When I asked about this same situation addressed in this thread last year, i was told they will announce new games this year for sure. Here we are, with March upon us, unless they announce and release a game within a month or so of it's announcement, first portion of the year is barren with any core exclusive games for the fans. What did they do at the over hyped (yes over hyped, you have to give me that, even I thought they would in the least show Halo remake footage), yet we get news about the same old games with one already known kinect game.

I hope they do announce more in the future, game reveals are always exciting, no matter the platform

GDC 2011, hopefully a good time for gaming news for all

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

@M.U.G.E.N

Then Sony needs to stop being compared to MS in their announcement to release schedule. They are different. Ms is known for their privacy, Sony not so much.

I can't think of a single core title they announced and also released in the same year last year. Well most of the Kinect games were announced at E3 so there are clear examples, Gunstringer was announced this year wasnt it? And it will be released pretty soon.

Sony and Ms have different release announcement to release schedules as I have mentioned already earlier in the post but this time I will properly state why. You yourself are trying to defend Sony's announcement to release BUT you are still to let us know when the Sony games were announced. A year later is a lot different to a few years later.

The fact that the Ms Xbox360 doesnt have a lot of retail exclusives console or otherwise in the first half of the year, bar Kinect games of course because they are getting released your arguments side just ignores them.

What I don't get is why people keep harping on about it. Its getting reeaaallll old. Without a games release it will not change, so you are adding no new arguments.

@zarx

The problem with your argument is pure speculation, nothing else, you have nfi what is coming out neither do I. But to speculate then state it as fact... that is where the problem lies.

AussieGecko said:

@M.U.G.E.N

Then Sony needs to stop being compared to MS in their announcement to release schedule. They are different. Ms is known for their privacy, Sony not so much.

I can't think of a single core title they announced and also released in the same year last year. Well most of the Kinect games were announced at E3 so there are clear examples, Gunstringer was announced this year wasnt it? And it will be released pretty soon.

Sony and Ms have different release announcement to release schedules as I have mentioned already earlier in the post but this time I will properly state why. You yourself are trying to defend Sony's announcement to release BUT you are still to let us know when the Sony games were announced. A year later is a lot different to a few years later.

The fact that the Ms Xbox360 doesnt have a lot of retail exclusives console or otherwise in the first half of the year, bar Kinect games of course because they are getting released your arguments side just ignores them.

What I don't get is why people keep harping on about it. Its getting reeaaallll old. Without a games release it will not change, so you are adding no new arguments.

-_- man your post is all over the place there, not even sure if we are on the same topic anymore

Sony is known for leaks yes, but that is not what this argument is about at all. This is about exclusive game announcements. but then again what privacy? these days we get to know about a lot of major announcements from ms too but that's a whole different topic

both sony and ms announce games early and release them a year or so later, fact.

most of those games announced are core titles, and when I mean core I do not mean party games and such. Even sony announce and release such games in the same year, this year won't be an exception to that. No major game released aimed at the traditional gamer last year were announced in the same year. So far it's the same situation this year too. Only issue here is, Sony announced way way more titles in comparison. Maybe that's why you have this sony announces their stuff way earlier notion of yours. Just maybe they announced way more core titles than for the 360?

what kinect title, that caters even slightly to the hardcore base, on the 360 were released so far this year? Heck what NEW kinect games were released so far this year even?

again, all the main games we know so far in the 360 line up this year, we knew at least a year in advance. You can run around that point all day if you want but that won't change it one bit....the argument that gets old is this nonsensical notion that somehow ms always announce their games late compared to sony which is not true by any means. Even sony will announce and release some move games this year, just like MS will do with Kinect. Either way the point stands, the statement you made earlier is not true.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!