By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
smgod2 said:
end said:
ps3 is already a failure, even if it goes to number 1 at the end of this generation.

ps2 just dominated so much and ps3 is still last over a year span.
  Best quote ive heard so far, in fact let me put it in my sig.

PS3 is a failure even if it goes to number 1..........you are absolutely flaming in a big, big way. Why are you posting that in a Sony discussion? Your logic is, "because Sony didn't dominate immediately, they fail."

• Platform criticism. Posts slamming a particular platform without basis - be it a specific console, macs, windows, or anything similar - will not be tolerated. The forums are here for gamers of all persuasions, so unless you're in a thread specifically geared towards platform comparison/discussion, keep your anti-platform comments out of the thread. Note that there is a difference between having a reasonable argument in the correct thread and trolling.
  • I would avoid putting something so blatantly against the rules in your sig. Some of us like Sony, and you're clealy trying to get a reaction.

Prediction:

The PS2 & PS3 will outsell the Wii in 2008.

Lifetime sales of PS3 in Japan will be at least 8 million consoles.

Around the Network

Peter Potamus said:
    madskillz said:
    I was talking to a few men - in their 40s and 50s about video games (I am the video game blogger for the newspaper). They were all goo-gooing over my DS Lite and we started talking about the PS3. I told one of the gents that he should buy a 40gb PS3 if he wants to watch movies - but not play PS2 games. And just like clockwork, he was like 'But I thought all PS3s could play PS2 games?' And once again, he proved what I know folks are thinking. They *assume* every PS3 can play PS2 games. And with the PS brand, you can *trust* it.

I really, really believe a lot of folks are buying it thinking they can play their PS2 games. I can't wait to see a class-action lawsuit on the matter.

You don't have to believe me - ask potential customers about the PS3 and why they want it and see what they say. Folks will buy it for their children because they asked. They will walk into a Gamestop and head for the cheap PS2 games and be sadly mistaken.

It's not just one person. The average Joe that doesn't frequent forums or read game magazines don't know the depth of video game information that we do. Not everyone is as informed as the average forum goer.

*************************************************************************************

==> so it is why people have bought the xbox360 : they didn't know about the 33% failure rate ...

Seriously, NO ONE, will buy a 400$ PS3 if he only wants  to play PS2 games
    and in ur example, even if the guy was surprise because the PS3 was not able to play PS2 games, you didn't saied to us if it changed his view about the PS3 : still worth buying console ? or not ?

Time to Work !

Harvey Birdman said:
    ^Darc

I work at a Gamestop in Ohio and we always tell a consumer who wants to buy a 40 gig PS3 that it does not play PS2 games. It may not be the same at other retailers but we always inform a customer about all merchandise and it clearly says it on the back of the box.

If you buy a PS3 to play PS2 games you bought it for the wrong reason.

Unfortunately, the Circuit City, Best Buy, Target, and especially Wal-Mart employee's don't seem to be doing the same. I don't think Sony will get successfully sued because it states clearly on the 40GB box that it doesn't play PS2 games. Still the ignorance of the average consumer is damn right surprising some times. I mean I work at a construction site and one of the guy's here was looking to get a PS3 and he didn't know the 40GB wouldn't play his PS2 games and he thought Assassin's Creed was exclusive to PS3.

libellule said:

Peter Potamus said:
    madskillz said:
    I was talking to a few men - in their 40s and 50s about video games (I am the video game blogger for the newspaper). They were all goo-gooing over my DS Lite and we started talking about the PS3. I told one of the gents that he should buy a 40gb PS3 if he wants to watch movies - but not play PS2 games. And just like clockwork, he was like 'But I thought all PS3s could play PS2 games?' And once again, he proved what I know folks are thinking. They *assume* every PS3 can play PS2 games. And with the PS brand, you can *trust* it.

I really, really believe a lot of folks are buying it thinking they can play their PS2 games. I can't wait to see a class-action lawsuit on the matter.

You don't have to believe me - ask potential customers about the PS3 and why they want it and see what they say. Folks will buy it for their children because they asked. They will walk into a Gamestop and head for the cheap PS2 games and be sadly mistaken.

It's not just one person. The average Joe that doesn't frequent forums or read game magazines don't know the depth of video game information that we do. Not everyone is as informed as the average forum goer.

*************************************************************************************

==> so it is why people have bought the xbox360 : they didn't know about the 33% failure rate ...

Seriously, NO ONE, will buy a 400$ PS3 if he only wants to play PS2 games
    and in ur example, even if the guy was surprise because the PS3 was not able to play PS2 games, you didn't saied to us if it changed his view about the PS3 : still worth buying console ? or not ?

He said he's looking for a 20 or 60gb PS3 because his son has a lot of PS2 games.

And how can you be for certain folks aren't buying the PS3s to play old games? I have a Wii - never owned a Gamecube, but I'm buying Gamecube games. Why? They can play on my Wii.

Folks are buying the 360 and it's failure rate, just like folks bought a PS2, even with its disk read error. The average person doesn't frequent forums and is very uninformed. They know its the holidays and they want to buy their children a video game system. They aren't buying a BR player - or something that can find the cure to cancer. Folks are getting them because their children want them to buy it for them.

Folks recognize the PS brand - and they know if its a PS machine, it can play older titles (except the PS1). As a small biz owner, you would be shocked at how little consumers know. They assume every MP3 player is an iPod and that the PS3 can play PS2 games.

For some folks, it is a big deal.

end said:
    ps3 is already a failure, even if it goes to number 1 at the end of this generation.

Man I hope that you get banned . Lets all migrate to the Nintenod section now , and lets all say that the N64 is a failure , because the SNES defeted the Genesis ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

madskillz,

I agree

Time to Work !

KBG29 said:
    Seen this coming for ages. I never expected the PS3 to sell as bad as it did this year (expected 11M by years end) nor did I expect the Wii to sell like it has (expect around 14M, until updating predictions in July). This whole year I have said just wait for christmas when the people are willing to spend, and you will see the PS3 move. What do we have now? Decent sales for the PS3. Mark my words, this is just the start of PS3's climb to the top. Next year will see 2.5 times the sales of 2007.

Lol at your sig O.o

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
    hunter_alien said:
    end said:

Man I hope that you get banned . Lets all migrate to the Nintenod section now , and lets all say that the N64 is a failure , because the SNES defeted the Genesis ...

Better still ,the Snes was a failure because the Nes won by a way larger percentage .

this is post #100!

and I thought the Microsoft Xbox would run all my Microsoft software, because all I saw was the word Microsoft....and so I loaded up a copy of Microsoft OS/2 1.2 (yes, they partnered with IBM on the first version), and first of all, there is no place to put in my floppy disks...and even the cup holder device is turned sideways, how in the heck is that supposed to hold my coffee now.

Listen buddy, why would anyone sue Sony, when all the places you mentioned will take the thing back and give you your money, if you decide you don't want it...for any reason. If someone doesn't read the box, and doesn' t understand life....they are still safe.