By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Forming Anti-Piracy Program

Zkuq said:
Nomad Blue said:
Zkuq said:

The rights certain customers are willing to let go, to fight pirates or otherwise, have no bounds.

Like?

Actually owning the product you bought?

And why/how would you no longer own a product you bought?

Around the Network

In geddesmond2's defense Geohot's leaking of the masterkey probably led to all the rapes and subsequently the hunger in Africa.

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

dsister said:

In geddesmond2's defense Geohot's leaking of the masterkey probably led to all the rapes and subsequently the hunger in Africa.

The world is going to hell in a handbasket, and it's all Geohot's fault!!!! LOL

MrBubbles said:
geddesmond2 said:
MrBubbles said:
geddesmond2 said:

They can look at starving children on the telly that can't even hold there own heads up from malnutrition and ignore them but some rich kid hacker from the states needs money to fight a case and they find 50 dollars in there dam pockets?

most of your post is just inane gibberish, so i will only address this section. 

why the hell should i care that some women in africa cant keep her legs closed and gives birth to dozens of children that she knows she cant feed.   most people who cant feed their children wouldnt continue to have more of them.  if people stopped giving them free food perhaps they would realize they shouldnt just continue to have all these kids.  the more kids they have the more they get...just like all those people on welfare with so many kids, who get more money for each kid they have. 

Well god forbid the women who can't keep her legs closed when a man forcefully rapes her. I mean whats this world coming to when a women who has no rights in a country stricken by civil war and genocide isn't strong enough to fight off the person raping her. She should be so asshamed of herself. I mean the countries soldiers take most of the aid provided to there country. Curse that women for not standing up to them, they'd only shoot her dead for doing that. No courage at all I tell you. Her infant children deserve to suffer because of that.

I hope your reincarnated into one of those children in your next life whos only crime was being born in a war stricken Country.

everyone in africa is the product of rape?  youre a racist. 

and if those countries stopped buying up weapons they could buy their own food.  another reason they shouldnt be given any aid.

You really need to go do some research before you post.

Nomad Blue said:

Obviously if someone else can tell what you may or may not do with the product you bought, you don't actually own it.

Around the Network
fordy said:
geddesmond2 said:
fordy said:
geddesmond2 said:

Quit all that bullshit. Everyone who games on the PS3 bought the consol for the games. If people wern't stealing the companys software by pirating games and creating cheats to use online that fucks up there legitimate experiance then this wouldn't be a fucking problem. I've no problem with people doing whatever they want to do with there consols just as long as my experiance isn't ruined and I definitley think Sony wouldn't give too shits either if there games and the games of there third party support wasn't getting stolen. If Sony was this against homebrew that didn't involve pirated games then why did they include Linux with the PS3 in the first place which already allowed people to run homebrew.

The people who think its all about our rights are dam fucking fools. No matter who wins the case you's will all still be doing the exact same thing with your machine after the court case that yous are currently doing with it now. Geohot hacked the PS3 for 2 simple things. Recognition and glory. His name is now associated with the person who hacked the unhackable PS3. He doesn't give a fuck about any of your rights. He did what everyone else like him does when faced with trouble. Make up excuses to make himself look less guilty.

Now I'm finished with this subject. Currently as it stands the banhammer seems to be working right now and Developers and Sony are making there games more secure so its looking like my experiance won't be fucked with for awhile. Sony and Geohot can do what ever they like. Personally I hope Geohot looses this battle and it declares him bankrupt for the rest of his life. Not because he hacked the PS3 but because of the amount of eejits he has following him who thinks hes some rebel fighting for a great cause.

They can look at starving children on the telly that can't even hold there own heads up from malnutrition and ignore them but some rich kid hacker from the states needs money to fight a case and they find 50 dollars in there dam pockets?

do you honestly think that Sony took Geohot to court just to make him bankrupt? Really? You think they're willing to waste money on so many high priced lawyers to go after a kid? There is motive here. Stop living in a closed box and think for a moment.

Sony want control of consumer owned PS3s because it's cheaper to enforce security, even though it's been proven time and time again that client-side security opens the door for ID impersonation, which is exactly what is happening now.

Honestly, the ones who think that the PSN would become a wasteland because of hackers are the bigger fools in this picture.

Well actually your thinking in a closed box. First of all I never said Sony wants to bankrupt him. I said I hope Sony wins and the outcome is him becoming banrupt. I'm not a lawyer but I've seen a lot of courtcases where the losers are sued for the legal costs of the courtcase especially ones involving this many lawyers. I'm sure Sonys team of 5 lawyers costs them a lot of money

Secondly if ID impersonations are happening now then I hope they get yours and get you banned for life. I wonder if you'd support Geohot and the other hackers then because these are the exact reasons why I won't support these hackers . They are fucking with legitimate peoples experiance.

Thirdly so its all conspiracy theorys now. I suppose the illuminati are the ones pulling Sonys strings right LMAO. Its been confirmed everyone, first Sony controlls the consumers PS3s and then the Implanted microchips come next. Total domination ROFL.

And number 4. Ya know the exploits were only available for a few weeks and MW2 and a few other games were unplayable. God only knows the state it would be in now if Sony didn't take action when they did and only time will tell how bad its going to get if Sony looses the case.

Quit your FUD spreading. Hackers who provide the tools arent responsible. The ones who actually use it that way are the bad ones.

Yes they are, by putting the tools on the internet, you are knowingly enabling EVERYBODY (including pirates) to use those tools for whatever purpose they may have. They knew that there were people waiting to use those tools for illegal purposes, but they did it anyway. 

The way I see it, those Keys or whatever is delicate information that shouldn't be distributed to EVERYONE.  

geddesmond2 said:
MrBubbles said:
geddesmond2 said:

most of your post is just inane gibberish, so i will only address this section. 

why the hell should i care that some women in africa cant keep her legs closed and gives birth to dozens of children that she knows she cant feed.   most people who cant feed their children wouldnt continue to have more of them.  if people stopped giving them free food perhaps they would realize they shouldnt just continue to have all these kids.  the more kids they have the more they get...just like all those people on welfare with so many kids, who get more money for each kid they have. 

Well god forbid the women who can't keep her legs closed when a man forcefully rapes her. I mean whats this world coming to when a women who has no rights in a country stricken by civil war and genocide isn't strong enough to fight off the person raping her. She should be so asshamed of herself. I mean the countries soldiers take most of the aid provided to there country. Curse that women for not standing up to them, they'd only shoot her dead for doing that. No courage at all I tell you. Her infant children deserve to suffer because of that.

I hope your reincarnated into one of those children in your next life whos only crime was being born in a war stricken Country.

Maybe thats why most don't send money. Its not going to help that kid who can't eat, its going to be taken by the army and used to further empower them to hurt the poeple they should care for. In fact sending money there probably makes the problem worse as it goes to all the wrong people. Throwing money at a problem usually does not fix it, it just wastes money. Put some thought into things and stop assuming people are heartless. Sometime money isn't the answer to the worlds problem.

Jay520 said:
fordy said:
geddesmond2 said:
fordy said:
geddesmond2 said:

Quit all that bullshit. Everyone who games on the PS3 bought the consol for the games. If people wern't stealing the companys software by pirating games and creating cheats to use online that fucks up there legitimate experiance then this wouldn't be a fucking problem. I've no problem with people doing whatever they want to do with there consols just as long as my experiance isn't ruined and I definitley think Sony wouldn't give too shits either if there games and the games of there third party support wasn't getting stolen. If Sony was this against homebrew that didn't involve pirated games then why did they include Linux with the PS3 in the first place which already allowed people to run homebrew.

The people who think its all about our rights are dam fucking fools. No matter who wins the case you's will all still be doing the exact same thing with your machine after the court case that yous are currently doing with it now. Geohot hacked the PS3 for 2 simple things. Recognition and glory. His name is now associated with the person who hacked the unhackable PS3. He doesn't give a fuck about any of your rights. He did what everyone else like him does when faced with trouble. Make up excuses to make himself look less guilty.

Now I'm finished with this subject. Currently as it stands the banhammer seems to be working right now and Developers and Sony are making there games more secure so its looking like my experiance won't be fucked with for awhile. Sony and Geohot can do what ever they like. Personally I hope Geohot looses this battle and it declares him bankrupt for the rest of his life. Not because he hacked the PS3 but because of the amount of eejits he has following him who thinks hes some rebel fighting for a great cause.

do you honestly think that Sony took Geohot to court just to make him bankrupt? Really? You think they're willing to waste money on so many high priced lawyers to go after a kid? There is motive here. Stop living in a closed box and think for a moment.

Sony want control of consumer owned PS3s because it's cheaper to enforce security, even though it's been proven time and time again that client-side security opens the door for ID impersonation, which is exactly what is happening now.

Honestly, the ones who think that the PSN would become a wasteland because of hackers are the bigger fools in this picture.

Well actually your thinking in a closed box. First of all I never said Sony wants to bankrupt him. I said I hope Sony wins and the outcome is him becoming banrupt. I'm not a lawyer but I've seen a lot of courtcases where the losers are sued for the legal costs of the courtcase especially ones involving this many lawyers. I'm sure Sonys team of 5 lawyers costs them a lot of money

Secondly if ID impersonations are happening now then I hope they get yours and get you banned for life. I wonder if you'd support Geohot and the other hackers then because these are the exact reasons why I won't support these hackers . They are fucking with legitimate peoples experiance.

Thirdly so its all conspiracy theorys now. I suppose the illuminati are the ones pulling Sonys strings right LMAO. Its been confirmed everyone, first Sony controlls the consumers PS3s and then the Implanted microchips come next. Total domination ROFL.

And number 4. Ya know the exploits were only available for a few weeks and MW2 and a few other games were unplayable. God only knows the state it would be in now if Sony didn't take action when they did and only time will tell how bad its going to get if Sony looses the case.

Quit your FUD spreading. Hackers who provide the tools arent responsible. The ones who actually use it that way are the bad ones.

Yes they are, by putting the tools on the internet, you are knowingly enabling EVERYBODY (including pirates) to use those tools for whatever purpose they may have. They knew that there were people waiting to use those tools for illegal purposes, but they did it anyway. 

The way I see it, those Keys or whatever is delicate information that shouldn't be distributed to EVERYONE.  

Emulators are ruled perfectly legal, yet they can be USED legally or illegally. There has not been one company that has successfully sued the creators of an emulator, and this will have just about as much chance in a court of law as a lawsuit against an emulator creator. They are both tools, they can both promote piracy, they both inhibit a "the way you use it is your responsibility" clause.

For the 100th time, that sensitive information that you're talking about? That is an INTEGER, a binary number. Binary numbers cannot be copyrighted. They cannot be protected under law from being used. If anything, they key is a tool, which like emulators, could be used for good or bad purposes. And before you say it, no, the difference is that Sony owns the number, because they don't. If anything, emulators would be more illegal because they could impose upon certain microchip architectures, yet they are still legal. This reasoning wouldn't stand a chance in hell.

fordy said:
Jay520 said:
fordy said:
geddesmond2 said:
fordy said:
geddesmond2 said:

Emulators are ruled perfectly legal, yet they can be USED legally or illegally. There has not been one company that has successfully sued the creators of an emulator, and this will have just about as much chance in a court of law as a lawsuit against an emulation creator. They are both tools, they can both promote piracy, they both inhibit a "the way you use it is your responsibility" clause.

For the 100th time, that sensitive information that you're talking about? That is an INTEGER, a binary number. Binary numbers cannot be copyrighted. They cannot be protected under law from being used. If anything, they key is a tool, which like emulators, could be used for good or bad purposes. And before you say it, no, the difference is that Sony owns the number, because they don't. If anything, emulators would be more illegal because they impose upon certain microchip architectures, yet they are still legal.

Interesting, I geuss I'll have to take matters into my own hands then

Zkuq said:
Nomad Blue said:

Obviously if someone else can tell what you may or may not do with the product you bought, you don't actually own it.

It's everywhere in life get use to it, if you buy your house and the land its on, you own it right? you want to build an extension on your land because its yours and you  can do what you want with it right? Wrong! you first have to get permision off the council, and if they say no to your idea of an extension you can't build it, ignoring them and doing so and you'd be breaking the law

You buy a lorry, its resticted to 60mph you want it to go faster, so you derestrict it.... i mean its your property you can do what you want with it! Wrong again , law stands in the way

I bought a dog.........stammped on its head til it died, I bought it i can do with it what i want can't i?

You cannot just do whatever you want to something you own if there are laws saying otherwise,
and if you do go and do it, Don't fricken cry about it when you get taken to court or arrested over it

ffs sake people grow up