By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Forming Anti-Piracy Program

dsister said:
kitler53 said:

sony let us use that software (and are also generous enough to give me new additions to the service) for free and in exchange i signed a user agreement that i would not modify the code or by-pass their security measures.

But see. Some people didn't actually agree to the EULA and instead of being blocked out of the console's features(read as playing games) they should have the choice to go to another provider. Which is exactly what Geohot and company are offering

you can still play games with a ps3 and keep your stupid other OS feature -- what you lose is access to psn which yet again was not part of your purchase price of the ps3.

..and if geohot and company were to make their very own OS from the ground up and decide to release that -- i wouldn't care at all.    but when the basis of their "work" is tampering with sony's firmware without sony's permission -- that is wrong.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

you can still play games with a ps3 and keep your stupid other OS feature -- what you lose is access to psn which yet again was not part of your purchase price of the ps3.

..and if geohot and company were to make their very own OS from the ground up and decide to release that -- i wouldn't care at all.    but when the basis of their "work" is tampering with sony's firmware without sony's permission -- that is wrong.

No...?

Every game after RDR requires firmware above 3.15.

Go to the "Geohot pleading for money" thread. Kasz just put it really well. And I don't feel like plagiarising right now.

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Wow, I thought Sony would just ban everybody who has homebrew, but they are really going on an all-out war. 

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

MrBubbles said:
geddesmond2 said:
MrBubbles said:

well at least they appear to be targeting the proper people this time, instead of people who only wish to use their own products in a legal manner of their choosing.  its not any of sonys business if people want to have sexual relations with their systems in the privacy of their own homes(providing they arent doing it via web cam during a game so everyone else has to see ;) ).

True that. I mean if I take the keys to your car and give it to some kids to take for a joyride, I'm not guilty in that situation whatsoever

actually its like giving people keys to their own cars...that they already own...because they bought them...with money...that they earned...

Quit all that bullshit. Everyone who games on the PS3 bought the consol for the games. If people wern't stealing the companys software by pirating games and creating cheats to use online that fucks up there legitimate experiance then this wouldn't be a fucking problem. I've no problem with people doing whatever they want to do with there consols just as long as my experiance isn't ruined and I definitley think Sony wouldn't give too shits either if there games and the games of there third party support wasn't getting stolen. If Sony was this against homebrew that didn't involve pirated games then why did they include Linux with the PS3 in the first place which already allowed people to run homebrew.

The people who think its all about our rights are dam fucking fools. No matter who wins the case you's will all still be doing the exact same thing with your machine after the court case that yous are currently doing with it now. Geohot hacked the PS3 for 2 simple things. Recognition and glory. His name is now associated with the person who hacked the unhackable PS3. He doesn't give a fuck about any of your rights. He did what everyone else like him does when faced with trouble. Make up excuses to make himself look less guilty.

Now I'm finished with this subject. Currently as it stands the banhammer seems to be working right now and Developers and Sony are making there games more secure so its looking like my experiance won't be fucked with for awhile. Sony and Geohot can do what ever they like. Personally I hope Geohot looses this battle and it declares him bankrupt for the rest of his life. Not because he hacked the PS3 but because of the amount of eejits he has following him who thinks hes some rebel fighting for a great cause.

They can look at starving children on the telly that can't even hold there own heads up from malnutrition and ignore them but some rich kid hacker from the states needs money to fight a case and they find 50 dollars in there dam pockets?

dsister said:
kitler53 said:

sony let us use that software (and are also generous enough to give me new additions to the service) for free and in exchange i signed a user agreement that i would not modify the code or by-pass their security measures.

But see. Some people didn't actually agree to the EULA and instead of being blocked out of the console's features(read as playing games) they should have the choice to go to another provider. Which is exactly what Geohot and company are offering

Sorry but you are actually wrong because the first time you try accessing psn you are greeted with those terms of service and before you download a firmware update you are greeted with those terms too. Also if you bought a PS3 before the firmware update that remove OtherOS went live and you never accessed PSN or downloaded a firmware update you would still have the otherOS feature. And if you bought the PS3 after the firmware update that removed otheros then the otherOS wasn't part of your purchase.

Fact is if you claimed you never agreed to the terms of servive and you no longer have OS support(Phat owners only) then you are lying.

Around the Network
geddesmond2 said:
dsister said:
kitler53 said:

Sorry but you are actually wrong because the first time you try accessing psn you are greeted with those terms of service and before you download a firmware update you are greeted with those terms too. Also if you bought a PS3 before the firmware update that remove OtherOS went live and you never accessed PSN or downloaded a firmware update you would still have the otherOS feature. And if you bought the PS3 after the firmware update that removed otheros then the otherOS wasn't part of your purchase.

Fact is if you claimed you never agreed to the terms of servive and you no longer have OS support(Phat owners only) then you are lying.

Err... what?

He said that Sony allowed him to use their service and he signed a EULA. If you don't agree to the EULA then yeah, you don't get access to Sony's services. You should then have the right to take your device and go elsewhere for support. 

Now how is what you said any different then what I said? If you say no to the EULA you can't play new games. it has nothing to do with the OtherOS

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

geddesmond2 said:

They can look at starving children on the telly that can't even hold there own heads up from malnutrition and ignore them but some rich kid hacker from the states needs money to fight a case and they find 50 dollars in there dam pockets?

most of your post is just inane gibberish, so i will only address this section. 

why the hell should i care that some women in africa cant keep her legs closed and gives birth to dozens of children that she knows she cant feed.   most people who cant feed their children wouldnt continue to have more of them.  if people stopped giving them free food perhaps they would realize they shouldnt just continue to have all these kids.  the more kids they have the more they get...just like all those people on welfare with so many kids, who get more money for each kid they have. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
geddesmond2 said:

why the hell should i care that some women in africa cant keep her legs closed and gives birth to dozens of children that she knows she cant feed.   most people who cant feed their children wouldnt continue to have more of them.  if people stopped giving them free food perhaps they would realize they shouldnt just continue to have all these kids.  the more kids they have the more they get...just like all those people on welfare with so many kids, who get more money for each kid they have. 

wow man...that's just wrong...so wrong

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

hehey said:
radiantshadow92 said:

another 500 posts coming up lololololol

Yes, the lengths to wich certain people will defend villains like pirates and hakers have nbo bounds.

I have not seen one person in this forum openly support piracy once, and this is exactly what Sony should be doing; going after piracy and not the people who aren't hurting them financially at all.

MrBubbles said:
geddesmond2 said:

You have to blame society for that, not the person whose a victim from it. It is not only in Africa. There are homeless starving people in the Americas too, and around the world. Even in the United States. Why do the gorvernment spend 80 billion a year on war when that could house and feed everyone.

You need a clearer view instead of that narrow dogmatic thinking mind that you have now.

OT: The real damage has already been done, its only a matter of time for them to release a new SKU that is prolly hack proof.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5