By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Numbers: 12/10 - 12/16

Both Media Create and Famitsu are always wrong. The best source is "Avinash_Tyagi co."

According to Avinash_Tyagi co. the week ending the 16th looked something like this.

PS3- 0
Xbox 360- 0
PSP- 0
PS2-0
NDS- 140,000,000
Wii- 580,540,304

Around the Network

^ lol!

Hmm, how long til your banned?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hmm... M-Create differ from Famitsu greatly again.

Branko2166 said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
too much demand now will help them later...
The Wii will always have that image in peoples minds that it is a must have item...

Not necessarily, momentums have a tendancy to shift and while the wii had a chance to deliver possibly a knockout this holiday season the shortages prevented it. It could prove to be decisive in the long term.

actually teh shortage has not only helped keep demand up but its adding to the demand cause the people getting a wii is showing new people that hasnt played it yet or even have it to want to wait till more arrive. i knew 3 people starting in nov that wanted a wii now there are 8 that want a wii. it is being considered the hottest thing to have and no one can get their hands on it cause its so hott so they will wait to get it for as long as possible.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

I want our PS3 #'s increased ASAP!

Around the Network
grandmaster192 said:
I want our PS3 #'s increased ASAP!

Down with Ioi!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Let's see those MC figures :

- they are more generous with Sony : psp & ps3 seems to have sold more.

- DS : king of the hill

- PSP : thhis is really the surprise of the week : outsold by the DS iiby only 19%. THIS is impressive. Software not, but PSP as a hardware is booming in Japan

- Wii : queen of the hill. sold extremely well.

- PS3 : mixed feeling. decent figures but not to the levele of ps3 lienup. But ps3 desperately need more pure fun games (even in west) because its image right now is that it's a hardcore or technofile gamer. Release more games like Afrika or Aqua that offer something FRESH.

- 360 : a royal pain in the ass for Sony. it bites directly in ps3 sales there. It's far from a success but it limits the ps3 sales for sure. MS will stay on this market just for that, to prevent ps3 total domination in this area, even if they bleed money. Problem is : how long can they hold ? Lost Odyssey just released and did not make the splash hoped. And it was their last silver bullet.

PSP is a total oddity, only three games in the top 50 and yet hardware is only passed by the DS

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

FishyJoe said:

Nintendo is nine of the top ten and eight of them aren't in their first week.

9 titles on nintendo-platform, but three of them (Professor Layton, Dragon Quest and Chocobos) are third party. So only 6 nintendo-titles... more than the half.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Also, Wii passed the GC LTD according to Media Create, Famitsu, and VGChartz now. Expect it to begin to sell negative amounts as the non-Nintendo core users realize they bought the wrong system and sell it back.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">