By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Best Graphics of this gen

AngelosL said:

and whoever puts GT5 in this list is blind.

Why? There no other racing game on consoles with graphics better than it.

And it is gorgeous.

Around the Network

1. Resident Evil 5

2. Killzone 3

4. Uncharted 2

5. Gears of War 2

6. Mass Effect 2

6. Killzone 2

7. Bioshock 2

8. Bayonetta

9. Assassin's Creed 2

10. Grid

OK, this is kinda difficult for me as I play a lot of multiplats on PC and they always look better on my PC than on the consoles. I'll try and base my choices on what I've seen of the console versions (otherwise Fallout 3, FEAR 2, and possibly even a Call of Duty would make the list, ME2 would be higher etc.). Here goes:

1. Uncharted 2

2. God of War III

3. Killzone 3

4. Metal Gear Solid 4

5. Mass Effect 2

6. Killzone 2

7. Metro 2033

8. Gears of War 2

9. Assassins Creed 2

10. Half-Life 2 episode 2 (based solely on art direction and animation)

ethomaz said:
AngelosL said:

and whoever puts GT5 in this list is blind.

Why? There no other racing game on consoles with graphics better than it.

And it is gorgeous.

The enviroments are mediocre,and not all cars look as detailed...And have you seen the models of people in the game? They look like they belong in a N64 version!Even Gran Turismo 3 looks prettier than 5.And its mediocre graphics dont justify its loading times.For me the game's a mess and I don't understand why people justify it.Sony is my favorite company as well but that doesn't mean that we should support the companies mistakes.

CGI-Quality said:

I'm keeping my order. While KZ3 is certainly impressive, and a good step above KZ2, it doesn't quite wow me the way God of War III & HEAVY RAIN did. One of the best looking games out though, no doubt about it!

With the recent reviews, however, I'm willing to accept the industry's view - KZ3 has set the new graphical benchmark.

lol have u purchased and played Killzone 3.... I thought the same thing at first.... but once you play the game i can almost promise you Killzone 3 will move up to number one....

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Around the Network

Well, here is my list.

1. Uncharted 2

2. Killzone 3

3. Mass Effect 2

4. God of War III

5. Metal Gear Solid 4

6. Gears of War 2

7. Final Fantasy XIII

8. Kirby's Epic Yarn

9. Red Dead Redemption

10. Flower

2011 Predictions

Wii: 17m (100 million total)

360: 13m (63 million total)

PS3: 15m (61 million total)

based  just in games i own. of course...

Place Title  points  
1st Killzone 2
2nd Uncharted 2 9  
3rd Uncharted DF
4th Metal Gear Solid 4
5th Gran Turismo 5 6  
6th BF Bad Company 2 5  
7th Valkyria Chronicles
8th Heavy Rain
9th Resident Evil 5
10th Heavenly Sword

this will change after the purchase of KZ3 and GOW III which will happen this month (finaly finished GOW II, time to buy GOW III) and KZ3 will be a day one for me(02/25 here in europe)

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Smeags said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

Balls of Steel. I appreciate your opinion.

Haha, well thank you my good sir. You know, I didn't come in here just to post some snarky comment or try to be a rebel to the "status quo" just for the sake of it. Many of these posters lists are similar because many of those games are incredible graphical achievements, both technically and artisically. I get the fact that visuals in video games are an essential part of this hobby of ours, and I've always loved the worlds created by the developers.

But yeah, those ten games I've listed are up there because man, I just fell in love with the world that they surrounded me in. I've never been one for realism to be honest (fantasy based art styles get me everytime. Had to get Lords of Shadow up there), and sprite based graphics have this attention to detail that just make worlds come alive, and I find that polygon based games haven't reached that attention to detail en masse yet.

Beauty is something that is very important to me, whether it's movies, music, video games, or life itself. It's extremely subjective, and I'm always looking for new aspects of beauty that strike me personally. The visuals of games like Muramasa, Okami, Order of Ecclesia and Lords of Shadow are examples of games where I've been wowed by the games' visual beauty, and because of that I have to put them high on my list.

But yeah, I love that. "Balls of Steel". Made my day.

Hey!  I put Braid in my list!! What kind of balls do I have?

1. Uncharted 2

2. Alan Wake

3. Limbo

4. Mass Effect 2

5. Killzone 3

6. Gears of War 2

7. Assasins Creed 2

8. God of War 3

9. Red Dead Redemption

10. Heavy Rain

okay, now that Killzone 3 is officially out, and every one has read digital foundry's tech analysis, now might be a time to revise you votes. if you do please inform me, and show you original list and you new list so i can know where to add and deduct points