By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Best Graphics of this gen

CGI-Quality said:
osamanobama said:

okay, now that Killzone 3 is officially out, and every one has read digital foundry's tech analysis, now might be a time to revise you votes. if you do please inform me, and show you original list and you new list so i can know where to add and deduct points

Ax I play KZ3, it is doing everything to push itself to my#1. By tomorrow, I'll know for sure, but it's really breathing down God of War III's neck right now!

it is a masterpiece. my only complaint, somewhat graphically, is that it doesnt run perfectly smooth (like uncharted 2 does). sometimes it stutters for half a second for what appears to be loading, it doesnt seem to have any hiccups with intense action going on (killzone 2 did a little) it only appears to be for loading, and its definitely thought it would be eliminated this game. (but its still very minor)

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
osamanobama said:
CGI-Quality said:
osamanobama said:

okay, now that Killzone 3 is officially out, and every one has read digital foundry's tech analysis, now might be a time to revise you votes. if you do please inform me, and show you original list and you new list so i can know where to add and deduct points

Ax I play KZ3, it is doing everything to push itself to my#1. By tomorrow, I'll know for sure, but it's really breathing down God of War III's neck right now!

it is a masterpiece. my only complaint, somewhat graphically, is that it doesnt run perfectly smooth (like uncharted 2 does). sometimes it stutters for half a second for what appears to be loading, it doesnt seem to have any hiccups with intense action going on (killzone 2 did a little) it only appears to be for loading, and its definitely thought it would be eliminated this game. (but its still very minor)

In fairness, it's doing significantly more than Uncharted 2 and still looks better than it on top of that. 

but even GOW3 ran smoother, i dont think i ran into one hiccup in gow3 (maybe, maybe just 1)

but i havent played much campain (brother wont let me until he beats it, and i dont want to watch much and spoil it) but from what i have seen, is some hiccups, and a little too long of a fade to black.

im sure if ND made an fps like KZ it would run silky smooth, thats just how good ND is, but GG is learning (fast). cant wait for their new IP

Place Title  points  
1st Valkyria Chronicles
2nd God of War 3 9  
3rd Uncharted 2 8  
4th Heavy Rain 7  
5th Killzone 2 6  
6th Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time 5  
7th Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 4  
8th Uncharted: DF 3  
9th InFamous 2  
10th Folklore 1

Mine. Technical excellence and artistic merit both considered. Can't vote for what I haven't personally experienced. So please don't take my vote as a repudiation of Gears, GT5, KZ3, MGS4, ME2 or any other graphical powerhouse game.

It must also be acknowledged that this is the paralympics of best graphics. Still a legitimate contest, but in reality far from being the pinnacle of graphics performance.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Place Title  points  
1st Uncharted 2 10  
2nd God of War 3 9  
3rd Final Fantasy XIII 8  
4th Red Dead Redimtion 7  
5th Uncharted 6  
6th Heavy Rain 5  
7th ------
8th ------
9th ------
10th ------

* Nothing else I've played is worthy to make it to that list including Metal Gear 4, I cannot get satisfied easily.

* Nothing impressed me like Unchrted 1 because it was one the first games I played this gen.

* Every game on my list is unique on its own way , for example HR is there because of the characters well detailed models, nothing else in it really impressed me , RDR because of the environments ... etc.

*I can't list games that I didn't experience myself ( KZ2/3 for example ).

* I'm a ps3 owner only .

*Anyone who hasn't listed FFXIII can go to hell.

VXIII said:

* I'm a ps3 owner only .

Hi five for ps3 only owners! =D

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
VXIII said:

* I'm a ps3 owner only .

*Infamous was a midcore game <_<

*runs away before the apperance of the Kraken*

VXIII said:
radiantshadow92 said:
VXIII said:

* I'm a ps3 owner only .

*Infamous was a midcore game <_<

*runs away before the apperance of the Kraken*

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

VXIII said:

Can't vote for what I ain't played... much. And what I did play was on a TV that wouldn't be able to show it in the best light.

@ CGI, I presume you've changed your vote order now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

@binary solo

That's definitely understandable , If anything FFXIII has one of the best ( if not the best ) CGI quality ever ( you know the cutscene thing not the Origami killer who's just posted :p )

VXIII said:

@binary solo

That's definitely understandable , If anything FFXIII has one of the best ( if not the best ) CGI quality ever ( you know the cutscene thing not the Origami killer who's just posted :p )

Actually......I was disappointed by the CGI :X