4th MASS EFFECT  2 7  
5th ALAN WAKE 6  
6th GT5  5  
7th Gears of war 2
8th MGS5  3  
9th HEAVY RAIN 2  
10th CASTLEVENIA  1

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Boutros said:
osamanobama said:
Boutros said:

Woah guys wth?

Why is Uncharted: Drake's Fortune so high on many's list?

I mean the game was beautiful but it's been 3.5 years since it came out and it's been beaten by many many games including most multiplatform games nowadays.

I'm a bit speechless. Are you guys playing other games than PS3 exclusives? lol

look at UNcharted DF, its still technically one of the most advanced and beautiful games out there, i dont think many, if any multiplats beat it out

Recent games such as Enslaved or Castlevania look better and older games like Resident Evil 5 or Batman Arkham Asylum also look better.

lense of truth says otherwise

and most of those games you mentioned run on UE3, they may look good, but unreal isnt going to be doing any Technechely spectacular

trasharmdsister12 said:

Balls of Steel. I appreciate your opinion.

Haha, well thank you my good sir. You know, I didn't come in here just to post some snarky comment or try to be a rebel to the "status quo" just for the sake of it. Many of these posters lists are similar because many of those games are incredible graphical achievements, both technically and artisically. I get the fact that visuals in video games are an essential part of this hobby of ours, and I've always loved the worlds created by the developers.

But yeah, those ten games I've listed are up there because man, I just fell in love with the world that they surrounded me in. I've never been one for realism to be honest (fantasy based art styles get me everytime. Had to get Lords of Shadow up there), and sprite based graphics have this attention to detail that just make worlds come alive, and I find that polygon based games haven't reached that attention to detail en masse yet.

Beauty is something that is very important to me, whether it's movies, music, video games, or life itself. It's extremely subjective, and I'm always looking for new aspects of beauty that strike me personally. The visuals of games like Muramasa, Okami, Order of Ecclesia and Lords of Shadow are examples of games where I've been wowed by the games' visual beauty, and because of that I have to put them high on my list.

But yeah, I love that. "Balls of Steel". Made my day.

osamanobama said:
Boutros said:
osamanobama said:
Boutros said:

Woah guys wth?

I mean the game was beautiful but it's been 3.5 years since it came out and it's been beaten by many many games including most multiplatform games nowadays.

look at UNcharted DF, its still technically one of the most advanced and beautiful games out there, i dont think many, if any multiplats beat it out

Recent games such as Enslaved or Castlevania look better and older games like Resident Evil 5 or Batman Arkham Asylum also look better.

i hate when bs websites ruin good things like the lens of truth from ocarina of time

irstupid said:
osamanobama said:
Boutros said:
osamanobama said:
Boutros said:

Woah guys wth?

i hate when bs websites ruin good things like the lens of truth from ocarina of time

your calling lense of truth a BS website. they present facts and back it up, if you have any links proving Uncharted 1 isnt a technical and artistic masterpiece, then please share.

also read my edit.

oh, just realized you arent the original person i was talking to, but this applies to everyone

Around the Network
psrock said:
Boutros said:
osamanobama said:
Boutros said:

Woah guys wth?

so make your own list instead bitching about others opinion.

just checked, you do have your own list but let people vote the games they like. Uncharted is a beautiful game.

I'm not denying that DF is a beautiful game but I was simply wondering the reasons as to why it's so high on people's list.

I'm also wondering why Flower is on no one's list.

osamanobama said:
irstupid said:
osamanobama said:
Boutros said:
osamanobama said:
Boutros said:

Woah guys wth?

your calling lense of truth a BS website. they present facts and back it up, if you have any links proving Uncharted 1 isnt a technical and artistic masterpiece, then please share.

also read my edit.

oh, just realized you arent the original person i was talking to, but this applies to everyone

haven't been to their site, just seen it being used frequently on this site.

and all i see is people bitching about the results they get and have seen times peopel have shown that theya re competley wrong in their analysis.

lens of truth is one of those bs sites people use ONLY when it supports their side.  When it doesn't the site is bs, when it does, its teh bible.

Thus to me it will ALWAYS be a bs site and to never be used, just like metacritic

edti: as for uncharted.  I don't know if it was cause all i heard was people fapping over the games graphics for months that by the time i got around to playing it i was sorely dissapointed by its visuals.  Maybe you guys had me expecting it to magically have naked ladies serving me hot cocoa while i played but i was expecting some much grander than it gave me.  Let alone its slow and clunky gameplay

Boutros said:

I'm not denying that DF is a beautiful game but I was simply wondering the reasons as to why it's so high on people's list.

Haha, I was just thinking about Flower. I actually thought to myself "If there's one game that I haven't played yet would probably put on that list if I did, it's Flower."

Boutros said:
psrock said:
Boutros said:
osamanobama said:
Boutros said:

Woah guys wth?

just checked, you do have your own list but let people vote the games they like. Uncharted is a beautiful game.

It's probably at number 11. I wish people would post other games but I can't post games I have never seen nor played. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Boutros said:
psrock said:
Boutros said:
osamanobama said:
Boutros said:

Woah guys wth?

@Boutros 

its high up because its still technicaly one of the best graphical games of this gen. and its also very beautiful.

never played flower, im sure it has great art direction, but its not great graphics, uncharted series has both

@irstupid

ive never seen lense of truth do something thats untrue, if they have can you post a link, until then i take what they say as a voice of authority on this subjuct. and they say Uncharted is still one of the best graphical games there is.