By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Has Europe sales saved PS3 this Christmas from an embarrasment?

Mountie said:
Avinash, quit your babbling.

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS3&reg2=Japan&cons3=GC&reg3=Japan&weeks=156

You clearly have trouble interpreting graphs. That's ok, everyone has there strength's, that's not yours.

I have found your weakness, and simply if you keep arguing logically with you, eventually it all comes to pieces. The fact that the Wii price, and its ability to heal all illnesses justifies a price of $1000 clearly shows how dilusional you are:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=100&id=12463

Wow, you really need to actually read comments before you type, did you see where I said that if Wii was capable of doing those things people would pay $1000 dollars for it (you do understand what if means, right?), you don't think people would be willing to pay a $1000 for that if it was capable of doing that?

Also PS3 has yet to catch up to the GCN, apparantly you have missed that part of the graph, and if you look at its weekly sales its not going to catch it this holiday season, sorry but you're wrong, PS3 still has a long wasy to go before it can even pass the GCN, let alone get anywhere near 8 million 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Of course, when I'm proven right, you'll simply say, "oh well, that's nothing compared to the Wii."

We both know that I want to buy a Wii next year, and you'll buy a PS3 if the price is right, so I'm not sure why you're so pessimistic. You'll find that people are much nicer to you if you're optimistic. And since the PS3 outsold everyone's prediction this Christmas (new SKU's or not) I'm not sure why you persist in these arguments. The PS3 will continue to outsell the pessimists predictions. Just allow yourself to envision a future with more than 1 console in Japan. It is possible.

Prediction:

The PS2 & PS3 will outsell the Wii in 2008.

Lifetime sales of PS3 in Japan will be at least 8 million consoles.

Mountie said:
Of course, when I'm proven right, you'll simply say, "oh well, that's nothing compared to the Wii."

We both know that I want to buy a Wii next year, and you'll buy a PS3 if the price is right, so I'm not sure why you're so pessimistic. You'll find that people are much nicer to you if you're optimistic. And since the PS3 outsold everyone's prediction this Christmas (new SKU's or not) I'm not sure why you persist in these arguments. The PS3 will continue to outsell the pessimists predictions. Just allow yourself to envision a future with more than 1 console in Japan. It is possible.

Hey if you turn out to be right I will say you are right, I have no problem admitting when i'm wrong, but you aren't right at the moment, and the evidence is against you.

Oh I think PS3 will survive, and probably pass 5 million in total sales, but not much more than that, heck the N64 didn't even sell six million in Japan, and PS3 is no where near that level, i'm just saying don't count your chickens until they hatch

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
You're living in a dream world if you think FF13 and versus will propel the PS3 to 5-7 million consoles sold, even FF7 couldn't push more than a few Million Playstations.

If it wasnt for F VII, the playstation would have been doomed to nothing.

mM
leo-j said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
You're living in a dream world if you think FF13 and versus will propel the PS3 to 5-7 million consoles sold, even FF7 couldn't push more than a few Million Playstations.

If it wasnt for F VII, the playstation would have been doomed to nothing.

Nope, PS1 had already passed 5 million in japan by the time FF7 was launched, it was already the leader by a long shot

Around the Network

Others/Europe is not saving the PS3 from embarrassment this Xmas IMHO. The sales are especially good in this region, but this should have been expected. It's the slower sales in NA that is making it look embarrassing.

The sales need to seriously pipck up in NA and I reckon they will.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Well watever these re my expectations for the ps the upcoming week(this week s huge)

230k-U.S
300k-Others
60k-jpan

abou 590k.

Expectation: 8.34M

mM
jhlennon1 said:
Has a major point.

360 already has a foothold userbase to sell their games on, looking at the sale charts proves that, and that was before this Christmas. Therefore this years US X-mas sales has saved te 360 from no embarrassment.

But lets just say that the 360 outsold the PS3 in Europe by 30-40k a week, then what? The situation would be a complete disaster for Sony.

I mean, the 360 has the superior game lineup, better versions of multi plat games, cheaper console etc... It has everything required to sell more then the PS3 in EU yet it hasn't had the penetration required. That is the PS3's saving grace, EU came through, when the opposition had the better situation.

Yeah , and if every Wii owner would put firecracker in their console , and make them explode , than there would be 0 Wii users ... common people , stop with this What Ifs ... it doesnt matters . Yes , EU saved Sony from embaresment , while the 360 was saved by the US ... thats all .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Avinash, you're quite capable of reasonable discussion and I commend you on that. I'm still not quite sure about your vision for a Wii future, but everyone dreams.

Just keep your negative views of a console civil (which is part of the rules anyhow) and I will gladly blast any PS3 fanboy until they go away. I still think your optimism for the Wii is borderline crazy!

Truce.

I still reckon the PS2 + PS3 will outsell the Wii next year WW. We'll just have to see. (I realize my odds are probably short here, but I just have a feeling.)

Jandre02, those comments were blatantly offensive. Joke or not, they're crap.

Prediction:

The PS2 & PS3 will outsell the Wii in 2008.

Lifetime sales of PS3 in Japan will be at least 8 million consoles.

Mountie said:
Avinash, you're quite capable of reasonable discussion and I commend you on that. I'm still not quite sure about your vision for a Wii future, but everyone dreams.

Just keep your negative views of a console civil (which is part of the rules anyhow) and I will gladly blast any PS3 fanboy until they go away. I still think your optimism for the Wii is borderline crazy!

Truce.

I still reckon the PS2 + PS3 will outsell the Wii next year WW. We'll just have to see. (I realize my odds are probably short here, but I just have a feeling.)

Jandre02, those comments were blatantly offensive. Joke or not, they're crap.

Fair enough, in a few years we'll know how well the consoles performed