By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 3 Vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 Vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 676 65.19%

Gears Of War 3 361 34.81%

Total:1,037
anikikim said:

uncharted 2 most awarded game of all time enough said. Gears of war not sure but I heard it lags like balls in the mp, and has shit story compared to uncharted 2

Really, you experienced the lag yourself rather than following the rumour bandwagon? I have, and got to level ~50, never encountered lagg whatsoever. You played it to know that it has a shit story too? I played both Gears, it comes down to preference.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
bannedagain said:
Aldro said:

Uncharted 3 is going to rape this poll, mark my words.

yep the percentage of console fans on this site heavily favors PS3. So any pole like this is just a joke. In my opinion though gears is a way better game.

Fixed.

Thankyou!

Everyone is saying how Gears has a shitty story.  Opinion.  But let's test my psychic powers, shall we?  I know U3 is a long ways out but let me take a stab at how the story is going to go:

Drake is going to start off in some extreme cirucumstance.  Then, he's going to find out about some sort of mythical treasure.  Next, he'll discover that some generic villain is after the same treasure and he has an army at his disposal to help him find it.  There's going to be some sort of "betrayal" by one or more of Drake's friends.  Drake will find out that the treasure that we thought was "A" really turns out to be "B"!!  OH MY GOD!  Drake will uncover some secret caverns through some elaborate puzzle solving/climbing but when he gets to these impossible to reach areas, the bad guys will already be there (!?) with weapons set up, waiting for him.  The main bad guy and Drake will finally face off in some sort of over the top battle.  Drake will win.

It takes a creative mind to come up with such original and epic storytelling, folks!  Let's see how right I am later on this year.

*edit* I guess that story does seem a little predictable.  So to totally shock the audience, maybe they'll have some sort of third enemy--maybe some sort of mythical army of mutants or something--that will attack Drake AND his enemies.  Nobody will ever see that coming!!

d21lewis said:

Everyone is saying how Gears has a shitty story.  Opinion.  But let's test my psychic powers, shall we?  I know U3 is a long ways out but let me take a stab at how the story is going to go:

Drake is going to start off in some extreme cirucumstance.  Then, he's going to find out about some sort of mythical treasure.  Next, he'll discover that some generic villain is after the same treasure and he has an army at his disposal to help him find it.  There's going to be some sort of "betrayal" by one or more of Drake's friends.  Drake will find out that the treasure that we thought was "A" really turns out to be "B"!!  OH MY GOD!  Drake will uncover some secret caverns through some elaborate puzzle solving/climbing but when he gets to these impossible to reach areas, the bad guys will already be there (!?) with weapons set up, waiting for him.  The main bad guy and Drake will finally face off in some sort of over the top battle.  Drake will win.

It takes a creative mind to come up with such original and epic storytelling, folks!  Let's see how right I am later on this year.

*edit* I guess that story does seem a little predictable.  So to totally shock the audience, maybe they'll have some sort of third enemy--maybe some sort of mythical army of mutants or something--that will attack Drake AND his enemies.  Nobody will ever see that coming!!

I will reserve this post until release.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Uncharted for me.  Both franchises feature exceptionally well made games, and are both polished to hell, but my personal preference is for the Uncharted style - realistic characters, fun atmosphere and lost treasues - over Gears - space marines and chainsaws.

Both are great though.  But I'll still vote Uncharted as for me it's just that bit more appealing, plus in Uncharted 2 ND achieved a higher level of polish and narrative sophistication than pretty much any other game this gen I've played.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Uncharted leads 60 to 30 ^_^

huaxiong90 said:
bannedagain said:
Aldro said:

Uncharted 3 is going to rape this poll, mark my words.

yep the percentage of console fans on this site heavily favors PS3. So any pole like this is just a joke. In my opinion though gears is a way better game.

Fixed.

Was thinking the same exact thing. Although I like U2 more than almost any other game ever created (besides MGS4), you still can't state it being better than ANY game as fact.

LOL? uncharted 2 wond what? 36 GOTY awards seriously....

Unchrated 3 all the way not even gonna say argue.

Ping_ii said:

Yes because I am sure critics are the best of representations of the general public. GT5 didn't win THAT many GOTY's, does it mean it's a shitter game? No it doesn't. "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one" It's just critics get paid for expressing theirs. And usually they all follow the similar trend. Using their opinions as a fact is both ridiculous and insanely biased.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
Ping_ii said:

Yes because I am sure critics are the best of representations of the general public. GT5 didn't win THAT many GOTY's, does it mean it's a shitter game? No it doesn't. "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one" It's just critics get paid for expressing theirs. And usually they all follow the similar trend. Using their opinions as a fact is both ridiculous and insanely biased.

Actually reviewers know a tad what they are talking about.

GT5 wasn't good as a whole IMO, but its driving is the best. Read the reviews, mainly all say that. Besides, there's been shitloads of patches to have made the "game" better ^_^.