dsage01 said:
rf40928 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:

Uncharted 3 Vs Gears of War 3

Which one do you think will be better? Please vote and make a comment

Rules

Don't vote for Gears of War 3 just because you have an Xbox 360

Don't vote for Uncharted 3 just because you have a PS3

If you have both consoles be honest and vote honestly.

I want honest opinions please....

Also, give reasons why you think Uncharted 3 or Gears of War 3 will be better.

I hope to see some good discussions going on!

My honest opinion is Gears will edge out Uncharted..  BOTH GAMES did better on the second release then the first.  I dont know about Uncharted3 ( compared to 2 ), but I feel Gears 3 will do better then the G2..

Also my opinion is based strongly on past sales, which will obviously  influence future sales:

-Uncharted ( sold 3.67 million copies worldwide ) *VERSUS*  Gears Of War ( sold 5.95 million copies world wide )

- Uncharted 2 ( sold 4.73 million copies worldwide ) * VERSUS *  Gears Of War 2 ( sold 6.11 copies worldwide )

Uncharted: Franchise Grand Total = 8.4 million copies 

Gears Of War :Franchise Grand Total  = 12.06 million copies

Going on sales alone Gears has historically sold more copies...

(sources for sales numbers)

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=uncharted&publisher=&console=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=gear+of+war&publisher=&console=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

So Call of Duty is the best game of all time?

I dont think COD is the best game on current generation consoles ..I dont own it,  I have played it ... but your intended sarcasm that the superior game sales of any game ( your example COD)   make that game better ( compared to a game with lesser sales ) is unfortunately more the truth then you beleive it not to be.  Worldwide the most recent COD sold 10 million on PS3 &  12 million on Xbox 360 - this means FAR more gamers beleive COD is better (and more fun) then Gears and Uncharted worldwide ( then perhaps you or I do )...This puts me in the minority as a gamer that doesnt play COD hardly ... because unlike this website ( which has more PS3 European gamers ) we cant use opinions of people as fact - who more typically ( although not always ) have not owned or maybe not even played the games they 'claim' aren't as good ( in this case of Gears vs Uncharted ) .. Taking a poll in America will be the opposite of one in Japan for example.  In the end worldwide sales numbers are very accurate in reflecting a good game since good reviews ( and word of mouth ) are trusted sure ways we gauge a games quality.  The BEST SELLING games are always listed as the best games to buy & play in gaming magazines for a reason.. Not coincidentally,  the best selling games are most often rated higher then games that sell less.  Its pretty basic.. More people who buy a car for quality and price make that car the 'Car of The Year' .. Gee what a concept huh? High demand makes that product the best  ? ... No, Its the demand is high because the product is liked and wanted and that proves its superior.   So while I dont personally think COD is the best game (or the best FPS)  out there, alot more people disagree with me ( and apparently you also )..  So thats why i always look at sales numbers.. I dont CONFUSE my opinion ( bias )  of what i like with the hard facts of sales numbers that PROVE more people like a game then I do.  I understand my opinion  is mine alone.  At the same time I dont buy a game just because the majority do.  I buy it cuz i like it.. It just so happens I like Halo.. but I buy it for me.   So while Its hard for me to discount those hard facts - the sales numbers of a game right in front of my face - some people think their opinion, or self worth is above everyone elses - even if they are among the minority - you just have to  admit  that sales numbers reflect worldwide demand and  games with higher sales figures  means more people play those games.. XB Live numbers have it listed COD as the #1 most played game, but I still think Halo is better,  and even though alot less people buy Gears and Uncharted.. they  also like ( or love ) playing those games ..  So while you, me, or anyone else can argue here that we like one game genre and not another (you might even have good taste) it doesnt make us right - even if we're not wrong  , but the reality is if you (me) are outnumbered then you WILL  end up being more wrong the right.   In the real world  the rule of demand says "it has to be good if everyone wants it"  ...When it comes to FPS's  I'd much rather play Halo, its not as easy as COD.. I think COD is geared more for instant gratification because it takes less time to master the weapons.. Halo requires more patience in mastering weapons & gameplay online is more dynamic in character movement. ( Especially in Halo Reach ) a Halo Spartan can move much better then a soldier in COD  with higher jumps and jumps down to another level out of harms way ...this when paired with a spartan wears 1000 pound armor ( more protection ) versus a regular soldier in COD wears standard gear - it makes it much harder to kill in Halo .. COD type people tend to get frustrated that it takes more skill and time .. i think fans of Halo are able to tolerate more frustration but also view it as a challenge.  COD is fun, but once i masterd the weapons I really felt it was too easy.  I like feeling more challenged then less.  I dont want this to sound like im "insulting" anyone.. but COD seems a better game for a less skilled person -or- perhaps a skilled person that just has less patience..  I think FPS's are fun and addicting and thats why they sell so well.. but I love Oblivion, Final Fantasy..

Around the Network
pezus said:
brendude13 said:

I think you should re-evaluate the word "mature".

Mature = blood&gore lol

I hate people using the word "mature" in that context.