By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 3 Vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 Vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 676 65.19%

Gears Of War 3 361 34.81%

Total:1,037

This poll doesnt even matter....The actual sales of the games will tell a whole new story

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
This poll doesnt even matter....The actual sales of the games will tell a whole new story

so if your saying that then justin bieber is one of the greatest singer of all time

duders16 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

so if your saying that then justin bieber is one of the greatest singer of all time

Some people are mentally challenged and its better to leave them in their own little world.

OT:

Honestly, its very hard to compare the 2 games, but I'm going to go Gears 3 since everything I've seen has been incredible. Also U3 will surely not be able to stun and surprise me like U2 did.

duders16 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

If you wanna go there than Lil Wayne is the greatest rapper of all time O_o

rf40928 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:

Uncharted 3 Vs Gears of War 3

Which one do you think will be better? Please vote and make a comment

Rules

Don't vote for Gears of War 3 just because you have an Xbox 360

Don't vote for Uncharted 3 just because you have a PS3

If you have both consoles be honest and vote honestly.

I want honest opinions please....

Also, give reasons why you think Uncharted 3 or Gears of War 3 will be better.

I hope to see some good discussions going on!

My honest opinion is Gears will edge out Uncharted..  BOTH GAMES did better on the second release then the first.  I dont know about Uncharted3 ( compared to 2 ), but I feel Gears 3 will do better then the G2..

Also my opinion is based strongly on past sales, which will obviously  influence future sales:

-Uncharted ( sold 3.67 million copies worldwide ) *VERSUS*  Gears Of War ( sold 5.95 million copies world wide )

- Uncharted 2 ( sold 4.73 million copies worldwide ) * VERSUS *  Gears Of War 2 ( sold 6.11 copies worldwide )

Uncharted: Franchise Grand Total = 8.4 million copies 

Gears Of War :Franchise Grand Total  = 12.06 million copies

Going on sales alone Gears has historically sold more copies...

(sources for sales numbers)

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=uncharted&publisher=&console=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=gear+of+war&publisher=&console=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

So Call of Duty is the best game of all time?

Around the Network

Easily Gears of War 3. I just don't like Uncharted 1 & 2 at all, IMO they have shallow and simplistic storylines, mediocre gameplay, forgettable and lacklustre musical scores, good but very overrated graphics (especially UC2). Also, because I'm not a philistine like the majority of people nowadays I don't consider excessive use of colour alone as an impressive art style, both UC games IMO look generic and uninspired and lack artistic identity, especially when compared with Naughty Dogs abandoned franchises Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter which both have great styles... Hopefully UC3 will be much better than its predecessors. And please Uncharted fans or anyone else for that matter, I'm not here for a discussion so don't reply to me, I don't want to contend with 'UC2 has the highest Metascore' or 'UC2 won the most awards' etc, I don't give a damn. Metacritic is not 100% accurate at all and other people's opinions don't affect mine.

JustThatGamer said:

I just don't like Uncharted 1 & 2 at all, IMO they have shallow and simplistic storylines, mediocre gameplay, forgettable and lacklustre musical scores, good but very overrated graphics (especially UC2).

That's exactly what I would say about Gears (apart from not as aggressive and far better explained).

I'm playing Gears of War 2 now and I just can't get myself into it, the game is just nowhere near as good as I thought it would be.

As for Uncharted, I didn't like it much at first, but I really grew to appreciate it.

When it comes to Gears of War's story, my problem isn't with the quality, it's the fact that there IS no story. Trying to find Maria was interesting, and the scene when you do eventually find her was very hard hitting and it really improved my opinion on the game, but other than that, there IS no story (which makes your argument null). While I do admit the storyline for Uncharted is simplistic (but still good), the charasmatic characters and movement from one epic setpeice to another (along with the explanation for why you are actually there) far more than make up for it, Sully and Drake never fail to put a grin on my face and they are smoe of the main reasons why I can't wait to play Drake's Deception.

As for the gameplay, I found Uncharted to have far more refined shooting mechanics. Gears of War has clunky movement and aiming, having to charge into cover almost breaks the game, I found myself having to walk backwards and then sprint forwards so I could get into cover. The locust take far too many bullets to die and it becomes EXTREMELY repetitive after a while. Monster variety is decent, especially the little guys that blow up. The difficulty is broken, checkpoint placement is poor and often a while back from a boss fight, you can easily be killed by things that are so vague, and if you are downed by locust, then 9 times out of 10 your death depends on how far away your team mate is. As for Uncharted's gameplay, thank god you can do other things than shooting, puzzles, platforming and traversing through levels really mixes things up and gives the game a good sense of pacing.

As for music, I didn't even know Gears of War had any, I never really paid attention to Uncharted 2's either, but the main theme is fantastic, the music played during tense moments is pretty good and the music played it temples is very atmospheric.

As for the graphics, Uncharted 2 is, from a technical viewpoint, the best game I have ever seen. The art style and colour pallet is also excellent. One of the best things about the game though are the epic scenes, scenarios and environments, the game can be thrilling at times and the graphics blow you away. When it comes to Gears of War, the art style falls flat on its face. Monster, character and weapon design is very generic, and the futuristic, post apocalyptic setting is starting to get OLD. The small number of setpeices overstay their welcome and they all look the same, dark and dank. When it comes to the graphics from a technical viewpoint, I would say there are better on the XBOX 360, some textures are sharp and the game has a good sense of depth, but it isn't anything out of the ordinary, never do I boot up Gears of War 2 and think "wow".

Hopefully the game grows on me further and I look at it different once I have completed it.

As for the 3rd entries in these franchises...

Gears of War 3 is looking a lot better than Gears of War 2 I am happy to say, there seems to far more variety in the environments, the game is looking tonnes better both in art design and from a technical view. I hope that the gameplay recieves some improvements too. It won't be a game I will pre-order or buy day one, but if I am impressed with what I see over the next few months I will pick it up after Christmas.

As for Uncharted 3, the E3 demo killed the hype a little bit, it didn't seem like anything amazing although the trailer was good. The Gamescom trailer absolutely blew me away though, the graphics are unrivaled, the gameplay looks excellent, and the scenes were epic, by the time Drake was hanging out of the back of the cargo plane I needed a new pair of underwear. The characters still seem to be top notch as well with Sully and Drake's light hearted dialogue and the scene at the gate with Elena and Drake. This game is a definite pre-order for me.

sales gears3

reviews UC3

for me though its gears b/c its a mature TPS with intense TPS gun play thats what i like, UC its to Saturday morning cartoon like for me, the gunplay went down hill after DF its all bout scripted events now and really easy kills like the stealth melees, it doesnt have that arena type TPS feel like gears and DF had. i do like that UC characters are more lifelike, gears are to boxy and big with all the armor kinda take away from the immersion and believability

also content wise its gears all the way no contents here complete campaign 4 player co op since 1st, horde mode online and off, 3 also has dedicated servers

the one thing i can say UC has edge on gears for me is the climbing especially when playing online feels smooth and fresh for a TPS

i would like to see if gears goes multi next gen or if sony can come up with a good mature rated TPS because at the end of the day cant really compare these games cause to me UC isnt really a TPS its more of action adventure blockbuster movie type game

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
sales gears3

reviews UC3

for me though its gears b/c its a mature TPS with intense TPS gun play thats what i like, UC its to Saturday morning cartoon like for me, the gunplay went down hill after DF its all bout scripted events now and really easy kills like the stealth melees, it doesnt have that arena type TPS feel like gears and DF had. i do like that UC characters are more lifelike, gears are to boxy and big with all the armor kinda take away from the immersion and believability

also content wise its gears all the way no contents here complete campaign 4 player co op since 1st, horde mode online and off, 3 also has dedicated servers

the one thing i can say UC has edge on gears for me is the climbing especially when playing online feels smooth and fresh for a TPS

i would like to see if gears goes multi next gen or if sony can come up with a good mature rated TPS because at the end of the day cant really compare these games cause to me UC isnt really a TPS its more of action adventure blockbuster movie type game

I think you should re-evaluate the word "mature".

You are on a sight that is heavily outnumbered with PS3 users so Uncharted 3 will definitely win. I know this, I hold the top 10 games of the generation every year. Regardless I own both, Uncharted 3 will be amazing and so will Gears of War 3. Both of them will also be nominated for Game of the year. It's hard to say which one will win. Both story lines are amazing, both multiplayer is very good (Gears is more addicting imo though), and both has amazing graphics. I would have picked tie, but since you didn't have that choice I picked Gears 3 and this is why. Gears of War 3 is a bigger package. Engaging story, fun multiplayer, 4 player co-op, horde, and beast mode. It's still hard to say though.