By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 3 Vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 Vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 676 65.19%

Gears Of War 3 361 34.81%

Total:1,037

uncharted 3 gets my vote

i just played gears around my friends and i dont like it much about the game. It feels awkward to play and I cant get to grips with it, its a bit repetitive as well.

uncharted is one of my fav games on PS3, the storyline and the level design are just brilliant, not to mention the graphics as well.

Around the Network
Aldro said:

Uncharted 3 is going to rape this poll, mark my words.

a near 400 vote lead doesn't mean anything. there are over 70k people on this site. there not all going to vote for UC3 lol. 

aw whole am i kidding. its raping time!

OT: i'd love to vote for both but i'm going with UC3.

just from wht i've seen UC3's MP is better, its a better looking game, its going to take near 15-20 hrs to beat were gears will likely take 8-10.

i'll always be a GEAR head and the co-op in GEARS will be great, but UC3 will have so much more going for it.

i'm also starting to think Resistance will have better multi-player then COD3 and BattleField3

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Aldro said:

i'm also starting to think Resistance will have better multi-player then COD3 and BattleField3

Did you just compare Resistance 3 with COD3? These are sad times for the Resistance series... Sad times indeed.

Ferrari_7861 said:

Uncharted 3 Vs Gears of War 3

Which one do you think will be better? Please vote and make a comment

Rules

Don't vote for Gears of War 3 just because you have an Xbox 360

Don't vote for Uncharted 3 just because you have a PS3

If you have both consoles be honest and vote honestly.

I want honest opinions please....

Also, give reasons why you think Uncharted 3 or Gears of War 3 will be better.

I hope to see some good discussions going on!

My honest opinion is Gears will edge out Uncharted..  BOTH GAMES did better on the second release then the first.  I dont know about Uncharted3 ( compared to 2 ), but I feel Gears 3 will do better then the G2..

Also my opinion is based strongly on past sales, which will obviously  influence future sales:

-Uncharted ( sold 3.67 million copies worldwide ) *VERSUS*  Gears Of War ( sold 5.95 million copies world wide )

- Uncharted 2 ( sold 4.73 million copies worldwide ) * VERSUS *  Gears Of War 2 ( sold 6.11 copies worldwide )

Uncharted: Franchise Grand Total = 8.4 million copies 

Gears Of War :Franchise Grand Total  = 12.06 million copies

Going on sales alone Gears has historically sold more copies...

(sources for sales numbers)

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=uncharted&publisher=&console=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=gear+of+war&publisher=&console=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

Jay520 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Aldro said:

Did you just compare Resistance 3 with COD3? These are sad times for the Resistance series... Sad times indeed.

srry i mean MW3. the only thing that hurt the Resistance was R2. reveiws favored the IP while gamers didn't, and going to a 2 gun system wasn't the best choice for the franchise or Insomniac and thats wht i think hurt Resistance in the end but in saying that i think R3 will either do middle R1 R2 numbers or hit 5m lifetime.

R3 will be better then MW3!

COD3 was ok.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Jay520 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Aldro said:

I think he meant MW3 ;)

yea i did mean MW3. thanks for the clarification. i forgot the other exsisted.

I like Uncharted series by a hair but still voted for the uber underdog xbox 360 exclusive :D

pezus said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
pezus said:
Jay520 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Aldro said:

I think he meant MW3 ;)

yea i did mean MW3. thanks for the clarification. i forgot the other exsisted.

Yearly Cod releases tend to make people forget the last Cods

agreed. MW1 was better then all COD's that came after it, but not before. 

SWORDFISH_84 said:

GEARS OF WAR 3 OF COURSE!!!!

Yeah, id bet money on it since every gears game outsold every uncharted game.. polls like this really dont mean much.. just depends on if more MS or Sony voters show up really.. So i looked at the numbers and posted this earlier but..

Uncharted & Uncharted 2 : Franchise Grand Total = 8.4 million copies 

Gears Of War & Gears Of War 2 :Franchise Grand Total  = 12.06 million copies

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=uncharted&publisher=&console=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=gear+of+war&publisher=&console=&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

If uncharted had historically sold more I wouldve said uncharted even though Iam a 360 owner, Im pretty much a information kind of guy.. meaning i always look at historical sales data here when expressing opinion...  I owned a PS3 but sold it.. many friends and my brother have all 3 consoles.. Ive almost always played online and I like XB Live so I spent my PS3 money on other things.  I like the Xbox but im not so biased like some fans ( that wont think of buying the 'other' ) that I wont buy a PS4 next gen.. I might try having them both again if money is good..

BenVTrigger said:

Gears of War 3 to me is the one I'm much more excited for.  I LOVED Uncharted 1 and 2 but probably not as much as it seems many did.  Uncharted 2 is easily one of the better games of this gen but to me Gears of War is the best new IP of the generation so far.

I'll be getting both day 1 but IMO Gears just has the PERFECT gunplay for a TPS and will have an incredible extensive online component.  Plus Gears of War campaign Co-Op with a buddy IMO is the best co-op experience of any game on any console.

That being said I can already predict Uncharted 3 will easily win this pole.  Sony fans dominate the site so hopefull we can get some good discussion going on in here but given past threads on similar things I wouldn't be too optimistic.

There you go, now that we fixed that, on with the discussion. I liked Gears 1 more than I did 2. Fighting Berserkers in 1 for the first time (and in co-op) was so much fun, especially when you are inside the building when you don't have the Hammer of Dawn immediately usable. Fighting on the train was also the highlight of that game to me. The characters felt too much like tanks with very little mobility though, and the shotgun problems in 2's multiplayer turned me off really quick. Furthermore there were no real moments that gave that UMPH to part 2 for me, although the emotional moment in the Locusts' caves was well done. 2 didn't offer much improvement although it was still fun.

On Uncharted's side 2 was a fairly big improvement to 1. 2 had online multiplayer (which I have enjoyed) which 1 didn't. 2 also had more edge of your seat moments with a bit more stealth involved, more enemies, some faster paced battles, excellent story and character dynamics. Enjoyed minor additions to the weapons along with shooting while climbing and other tweaked aspects to combat. In the end because of the noticeable improvements ND has made, plus the demo Wow'ing me, I have faith in ND improving even further.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.