By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 3 Vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 Vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 676 65.19%

Gears Of War 3 361 34.81%

Total:1,037

@ d21lewis

> Eight Days was announced in 2006.

Eight Days was first tech demoed at E3 2005, the planning of its gameplay mechanics of course started well before this.

AFAIK the Eight Days project was put on hold because 3rd parties had problems with adjusting their game engines for the PS3, so various of the devs had to be re-appointed to different tasks.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
d21lewis said:

Just pointing out a couple things:

• GeoW came out in 2006. In 2007, Uncharted came out with 90% of Gears' cover/combat system (I KNOW about Kill.Switch.  Just work with me, here.)
  • GeoW had a "fight on the train scene" in 2006.  Uncharted 2 had their train scene in 2009.
  • GeoW2 had a "fight inside a collapsing building scene" in 2008.  Uncharted 2 had its scene in 2009.
  • In GeoW2, you had to run from a flood (of cars, buildings, and city debris).  In Uncharted 3, you have to run from a flood of Water.  Not too overwhelming.  (For the record, In Halo, you actually FIGHT the Flood.  Halo FTW!)
  • GeoW 1 & 2 your NPC buddy (Carmine) died.  In Uncharted 2, your NPC buddy (CAMERA guy--sounds like "Carmine", doesn't it?) died.
  • You had to find "Dog Tags" in Gears.  You had to find "Treasure" in Uncharted.
  • Nathan Drake was origninally going to be a trash talking black guy named Cole.

Don't you see?  Uncharted steals EVERYTHING from the Gears of War series!!  I bet that in U3, Drake gets eaten by a giant snake because snakes =/= worms

thanks for the input JEFF.

Lol!  It's funny because he died!

cura said:

putting aside personal tastes in gaming, uncharted 3 will trounce gears of war 3. 

better developers (insomniac) on better hardware (PS3) = better game. 

Uncharted is made by Naughty Dog, not Insomniac.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

d21lewis said:
osamanobama said:
d21lewis said:

Just pointing out a couple things:

• GeoW came out in 2006. In 2007, Uncharted came out with 90% of Gears' cover/combat system (I KNOW about Kill.Switch.  Just work with me, here.)
  • GeoW had a "fight on the train scene" in 2006.  Uncharted 2 had their train scene in 2009.
  • GeoW2 had a "fight inside a collapsing building scene" in 2008.  Uncharted 2 had its scene in 2009.
  • In GeoW2, you had to run from a flood (of cars, buildings, and city debris).  In Uncharted 3, you have to run from a flood of Water.  Not too overwhelming.  (For the record, In Halo, you actually FIGHT the Flood.  Halo FTW!)
  • GeoW 1 & 2 your NPC buddy (Carmine) died.  In Uncharted 2, your NPC buddy (CAMERA guy--sounds like "Carmine", doesn't it?) died.
  • You had to find "Dog Tags" in Gears.  You had to find "Treasure" in Uncharted.
  • Nathan Drake was origninally going to be a trash talking black guy named Cole.

Don't you see?  Uncharted steals EVERYTHING from the Gears of War series!!  I bet that in U3, Drake gets eaten by a giant snake because snakes =/= worms

thanks for the input JEFF.

Lol!  It's funny because he died!

death is sad, even for camera man Jeff.

but at least you can play as him in multiplayer

Ferrari_7861 said:
cura said:

putting aside personal tastes in gaming, uncharted 3 will trounce gears of war 3. 

thankyou! haha I know dunno why I put insomniac. maybe because I subconsiously think insomnia is equivalent to epic...

Around the Network
cura said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
cura said:

thankyou! haha I know dunno why I put insomniac. maybe because I subconsiously think insomnia is equivalent to epic...

No problem mate.

I'll be beating Uncharted 2 sometime today.

I'll give my final opinion on the matter after that.

Khuutra said:

Amazing. What difficulty?

Ferrari_7861 said:
Khuutra said:

Amazing. What difficulty?

Normal.

I just beat the game. Here is my verdict:

Uncharted 2 has muchh better writing than Gears of War does.

Gears of war 3