By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 3 Vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 Vs Gears of War 3

Uncharted 3 676 65.19%

Gears Of War 3 361 34.81%

Total:1,037

Uncharted 3 will be better for me cause i prefer that franchise. (cause you can jump) :D

Around the Network
NotStan said:
Ping_ii said:

LOL? uncharted 2 wond what? 36 GOTY awards seriously....

Unchrated 3 all the way not even gonna say argue.

Yes because I am sure critics are the best of representations of the general public. GT5 didn't win THAT many GOTY's, does it mean it's a shitter game? No it doesn't. "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one" It's just critics get paid for expressing theirs. And usually they all follow the similar trend. Using their opinions as a fact is both ridiculous and insanely biased.

GT5 didn't win many goty so did forza or NFS or dirt heck I can't think of a racing game that won tons of GOTY so I dont really see how is GT5 shitter? shitter than what?.....unless your comparing GT5 agains the likes of uncharted 2 which won 36 GOTY.

anyways Uncharted 3 will be better IMO and theres a high chance that it will be in general(critics/gamers opinion) included once all is said and done.

Aldro said:
NotStan said:
Ping_ii said:

Yes because I am sure critics are the best of representations of the general public. GT5 didn't win THAT many GOTY's, does it mean it's a shitter game? No it doesn't. "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one" It's just critics get paid for expressing theirs. And usually they all follow the similar trend. Using their opinions as a fact is both ridiculous and insanely biased.

Actually reviewers know a tad what they are talking about.

GT5 wasn't good as a whole IMO, but its driving is the best. Read the reviews, mainly all say that. Besides, there's been shitloads of patches to have made the "game" better ^_^.

Critics =/= best representation of the game's quality.

Reviews/awards should not be considered as factual unless the player experienced the game him/herself. Saying that X game is better than Y just because the reviews were better/more awards were dished out is stupid. Just because Forza has higher metascore than GT5 does not mean that it's a better game. Same goes for COD's which just always score reasonably high.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Ping_ii said:
NotStan said:
Ping_ii said:

GT5 didn't win many goty so did forza or NFS or dirt heck I can't think of a racing game that won tons of GOTY so I dont really see how is GT5 shitter? shitter than what?.....unless your comparing GT5 agains the likes of uncharted 2 which won 36 GOTY.

anyways Uncharted 3 will be better IMO and theres a high chance that it will be in general(critics/gamers opinion) included once all is said and done.

Adding an "IMO" after that second sentece would have not started the argument off in the first place.

I like the brand loyalty people express on here without actually having played either of the games in the poll. I have refrained from voting simply because I think it's a void comparison, and I haven't played the uncharted series, so I can't just go off the reviews or random troll rumours on the internet in regards to the gameplay etc.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

ok, i have both a ps3 and a xbox360. i have played both gears but only the second uncharted title.

i passed all of gears on insane and played it's multiplayer non stop. Uncharted 2 i started playing at 3 different chapters and the gameplay was more adventure orientated and the shooting scenes were quite lack lustre. The online for uncharted was even more boring as i walk around a map for the first time, flanking my enemies and ended up killing them all. It was quite boring with all the interactive environment just getting in the way of the battle scenes. IMHO i dont see what all the hype is about with the uncharted can someone explain to me why its so good?

having saying that gears is my shooter fix, therefore my choice.

life is based on deception-carving up xbox live down under-π

Around the Network
Aldro said:

Uncharted leads 60 to 30 ^_^

Who would have thought that?

I voted Uncharted 3, but TBH Gears 3 is the first one Im really excited about. I didnt have a 360 when Gears came out, so recently I bought part 1 and 2. I liked part 1 (played it all co-op with my girl) and we are playing through part 2 now. But Uncharted to me has the more interesting characters and story. They are both great gameplay wise. Gears 3 looks bigger and better in every way, and a couple new characters helps. But I take Uncharted in a close race.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

pitzy272 said:

Was thinking the same exact thing. Although I like U2 more than almost any other game ever created (besides MGS4), you still can't state it being better than ANY game as fact.

Indeed. Unlike someone in this thread, I don't use metacritic to decide which is better. I just state my opinion (and I go for Uncharted 2).

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Lon said:

ok, i have both a ps3 and a xbox360. i have played both gears but only the second uncharted title.

i passed all of gears on insane and played it's multiplayer non stop. Uncharted 2 i started playing at 3 different chapters and the gameplay was more adventure orientated and the shooting scenes were quite lack lustre. The online for uncharted was even more boring as i walk around a map for the first time, flanking my enemies and ended up killing them all. It was quite boring with all the interactive environment just getting in the way of the battle scenes. IMHO i dont see what all the hype is about with the uncharted can someone explain to me why its so good?

having saying that gears is my shooter fix, therefore my choice.

You didn't like it. It's as easy as that. Nobody has to give you reasons as to why THEY liked it. You're free to like and dislike whatever you please.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Ping_ii said:

Actually I think including all GOTY awards, it won some number over 100. It was the most GOTY awards a game has ever won in history.