By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The gaming media is unprofessional and inconsistent and I'm sick of it.

radiantshadow92 said:

What you say is true however the thing about the gaming industry is that it revolves around games. At the end of the day, we go to a review to see if the game is to our liking. I feel the gaming industry does this well, and thats all that matters. I agree on everything else though.

Double Standarding games is what really pisses me off about the review system. As well as that "fanboyism"

Killzone 3 is a perfect example of a game that is getting screwed because of this.

If you are a company and you reviewing is what you do. Then there needs to be a system in place where you need to check the story, gameplay, tech issues, music, etc... etc..

Not give a game a free pass and then nitpick another. It's not right.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
radiantshadow92 said:

What you say is true however the thing about the gaming industry is that it revolves around games. At the end of the day, we go to a review to see if the game is to our liking. I feel the gaming industry does this well, and thats all that matters. I agree on everything else though.

Double Standarding games is what really pisses me off about the review system. As well as that "fanboyism"

Killzone 3 is a perfect example of a game that is getting screwed because of this.

If you are a company and you reviewing is what you do. Then there needs to be a system in place where you need to check the story, gameplay, tech issues, music, etc... etc..

Not give a game a free pass and then nitpick another. It's not right.

Its true i agree, but like i said. At the end of the day, we look at reviews for an idea of what we want to buy. KZ3 reviews are generally saying that it is a "great" game with a lacking story. Any shooter fan will look at this and should say "Hey this game loooks good", if not, then the shooter fan is an imbecil (which is most likely the case).

if you are sick of it, then stop reading gaming media like someone else said. i stopped reading gaming reviews, news, and previews altogether. the only thing i do is read forums, but i usually only read topics like this, not impression on games topics. i dont know, i usually get my info for games from the publishers websites and boxes and stuff, its really all you could do if youre sick of the media.

my main gripes with gaming media is everything is uaully the same, and heavily slanted toward hardcore HD games

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

A small correction:

"All media is unprofessional and inconsistent and I'm sick of it."

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I don't know how it happened. but this gen it seems like every gaming-journalist became a 14 year old fanboy

Around the Network

I totally agree the gaming media is just so piss poor they never get their facts straight or on time, and another thing that really annoys me is when people say a multiplat title is on 360 but don't mention ps3, that show reviews on the run does this frequently and frankly it's just annoying as hell, I pretty much have to check every game that says it's on 360 to see if it's multiplat or not and it usually is 

DKHustlin said:

if you are sick of it, then stop reading gaming media like someone else said. i stopped reading gaming reviews, news, and previews altogether. the only thing i do is read forums, but i usually only read topics like this, not impression on games topics. i dont know, i usually get my info for games from the publishers websites and boxes and stuff, its really all you could do if youre sick of the media.

my main gripes with gaming media is everything is uaully the same, and heavily slanted toward hardcore HD games

What the hell are you talking about? Some of the highest rated games this generation aren't in HD.

radiantshadow92 said:
DKHustlin said:

What the hell are you talking about? Some of the highest rated games this generation aren't in HD.

And that can only be accounted as miraculous, given how little exposure or coverage the high-rated non-HD games get

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The videogame news industry consists of entities the videogame industry can best exploit to shill their products in order to generate sufficient sales revenue to be able to pay for the development costs and improve their bottom line.  This environment isn't likely to breed what is considered serious professionalism.  It is all about getting meta rating high enough, and sites to get eyeballs to repeatedly visit them.

The gaming journalists are unprofessional because in the end they're just big kids playing games.