By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So, I'm 21 and never had a girlfriend or kissed or held hands with a girl

And... according to my friends, nearly all of whom have done the above mentioned in my topic title, I'm not missing anything.

Apparently, I'm the lucky one because, according to one, I'm a 'clean slate'. I don't have any bad break-ups like they do and I'm not super depressed about that 'one person' who could make me happy all the time. It's not 'too late' for me to move on and such.

A lot of my friends have fallen in love and... well... are still depressed over break-ups that have been years in the past. It's rather sad to see... It makes me think relationships are all bad, lol. My parents aren't divorced but they have so many fights all the time and my grandpa cheats on my grandma... so yeah...

Um, what do you guys think? I mean, I thought I missed out when younger or was a failure like some people on other boards mentioned but... looking at what happens when relationships degrade so much...

Around the Network

It depends on how much you are craving for kisses, love and the female body.

If you aren't too "hrony" and frustrated then you are in a good position at the moment.

Personally I've stopped relationships alltogether because it's too much hazzle and frustration.

Do you want to do those things?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

so.... are you coming out or what?

jk.. all the stuff what happend to me when I was 16 till 23 made me a much more stable and better lover to my current gf.. I know what I seek in a girl and have the experience not to screw up cause I screwed up in the past.. lots of time.. sure I have broken hearts and my hart has been broken.. but in the end.. I never regret anything that made me smile.. My time with the girls I spended in those years were fun and I would never want those memories taken away from me.. and getting threesomes is much harder when you get older and have a steady gf..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

You need sex. So make sure you have sex.

As for relationships: stay away from them. They are useless. You're not missing out on anything.

Around the Network

As long as you're not depressed about it, you're good. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Yeh your definitely missing out, especially if you find that person you fall in love with, it's all worth it even if it results in a break up and nothing but a sad depression for a while. Trust me, your missing out.

Sure you don't know what your missing out on since you never done any of those things, but with the right person it can be quite the indescribable feeling. Just waking up next to someone you really admire is really an amazing thing. Don't fuck around get out and find a woman or you'll end up depressed from being single all your life.

Chrizum said:

You need sex. So make sure you have sex.

As for relationships: stay away from them. They are useless. You're not missing out on anything.

haha, well played.

OT - I was not really in to those things myself till I was 18, which was late compared to all my friends. From 19-25, you really can't have a certain, stable relationship as you are stil developing as a person and so is the girl you are dating most likely.  I've seen couples date from high school to end of college only to realize that they have absolutely nothing in common. While you may be missing out on a feeling and emotions by not being in a relationship...you also are missing out on a feeling an emotions when getting stabbed in the stomac with a knife...so its not necessarily a good thing lol.

Advice - get your shit in order first. Get an education, job, career...then you can focus on a relationship properly. But if some hottie wants to take you home for a night, don't be shy...

Do date, but don't look for a soulmate or something silly like that...

I actually find dating without considering the other side at least somewhat of a prospective soulmate one of the most ridiculous things now that we are past the arranged marriages stage. One gets sick of it before the other, clinginess on the one side, irritation on the other, I've tried each side exactly once and then didn't want any more of it.

Of course there are the couples where both sides are perfectly fine with casual, plenty-of-personal-space dating, so if you think you're the kind of person then by all means looks for someone of the same mind, this works for what it is. If you're not though, from personal experience, it's sooner or later a lousy arrangement.

So, I'm a fan of the "right person" thing, and as far as those relationships go, yeah you're missing out. But no, 21 is not really late at all.

You're missing out, actually... but yeah, it's never too late.

Which reminds me I haven't seen the movie "40 Years Old Virgin" yet.

If you want to play/exchange stuff online with me, just send me a message

PAL Region, country set to UK [Wii] 8714 6838 0977 5469

COD W@W FC: 2966 5176 6725
COD MW [Reflex] FC: 3568 2083 1513
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Cobra ID: TJCXVR
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 FC: 5199 8914 0552
SSB Brawl FC: 4641 1109 2262
GoldenEye 007 FC: 0136 4916 1439
Trackmania FC: 0905 1720 9842
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS FC: 1850 4714 0865

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987