By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Kinect outsell the Balance Board?

don't see it happenning this gen.

Around the Network
Seece said:
dany612 said:
Conegamer said:

Meh. It's late because it's after school

I've decided that in future posts I shall actually spend time READING what other people said, well, more time reading, to meet your exacting standards

Or, well any standards really

well Seece you sure are one Microsoft fan but you really are being tOOOOOOOOOO optimistic. 

Pretty silly if you think your blatant will to call me a fanboy isn't noticable, I don't give a shit either. I am a Microsoft fan not a fanboy, so you're right, keep churning that line out, you got it spot on

And no I'm being realistic, you havn't got a clue about Kinect sales, you've proven that in the "Kinect adventures to reach 20 million" thread. Wishful thinking.

Oh so you reported me! HUH! LOL

heheh what did I post there?

Geesh everything I say is without merit, just trying to pull your strings <_<

Seece said:
dany612 said:
Conegamer said:

I've decided that in future posts I shall actually spend time READING what other people said, well, more time reading, to meet your exacting standards

well Seece you sure are one Microsoft fan but you really are being tOOOOOOOOOO optimistic. 

Pretty silly if you think your blatant will to call me a fanboy isn't noticable, I don't give a shit either. I am a Microsoft fan not a fanboy, so you're right, keep churning that line out, you got it spot on

And no I'm being realistic, you havn't got a clue about Kinect sales, you've proven that in the "Kinect adventures to reach 20 million" thread. Wishful thinking.

ok this got bad and didn't have to so clean it up. all 3 of you know better.

dany612 said:
Seece said:
dany612 said:
Conegamer said:

Oh so you reported me! HUH! LOL

heheh what did I post there?

Geesh everything I say is without merit, just trying to pull your strings <_<

ok why was dany reported?

When pigs fly. Outside of the US, Kinect sales already seem to be dropping harshly, and we're just 1 month into the year. It may not even hit 25m LT, much less the 35m or so that the BB is at.

It'll completely destroy BB's software sales, though.

EDIT: Since nobody else seems to have done this yet, I quote the VGC Nintendo million shippers article from a couple of weeks ago, "Nintendo also noted that between Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus, the company has shipped over 34m balance boards to date, 4.5m of the balance boards came in the current fiscal year."

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
Seece said:
dany612 said:

Nintendo 3DS will make Kinects momentum slow waaay down. hehehe

Mark my wordzzzzzzzz

..you keep forgetting that even so, Wii Fit Plus keeps on selling which would add numbers to the total which means kinect will need to still catch on. Until they discontinue Wii Fit Plus and give it NO PRICE CUT, then we will talk.

Kinect sold 7.2 mill in Nov/Dec, Wii Fit did under 3 mill, and it looks like 1/3 of Wii Fit sales are standalone going by the 34 mill figure. That's being bundled. What if Nintendo stop bundling it? You think it's going to sell better next xmas? LOL

The only thing selling better next xmas is Kinect.

You seem to really be treating this as a console launch rather than as a peripheral.

Immortal said:

When pigs fly. Outside of the US, Kinect sales already seem to be dropping harshly, and we're just 1 month into the year. It may not even hit 25m LT, much less the 35m or so that the BB is at.

EDIT: Since nobody else seems to have done this yet, I quote the VGC Nintendo million shippers article from a couple of weeks ago, "Nintendo also noted that between Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus, the company has shipped over 34m balance boards to date, 4.5m of the balance boards came in the current fiscal year."

Zucas quoted that article on the first page of the topic.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Immortal said:

Zucas quoted that article on the first page of the topic.

Wow, I need to learn to read.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Khuutra said:
Seece said:
dany612 said:

Nintendo 3DS will make Kinects momentum slow waaay down. hehehe

Mark my wordzzzzzzzz

..you keep forgetting that even so, Wii Fit Plus keeps on selling which would add numbers to the total which means kinect will need to still catch on. Until they discontinue Wii Fit Plus and give it NO PRICE CUT, then we will talk.

Kinect sold 7.2 mill in Nov/Dec, Wii Fit did under 3 mill, and it looks like 1/3 of Wii Fit sales are standalone going by the 34 mill figure. That's being bundled. What if Nintendo stop bundling it? You think it's going to sell better next xmas? LOL

The only thing selling better next xmas is Kinect.

You seem to really be treating this as a console launch rather than as a peripheral.

That's because it's blatantly not following the pattern of any other peripheral in history and it's, to Microsoft, like a new console launch, that's how they're going to treat it. Surprised you need telling this tbh Khuutra.

Most people seem to be of the opinion that no, Kinect won't surpass Balance Board sales. We will see how that goes.