By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Kinect outsell the Balance Board?

Kinect sales aren't just going to crap out overnight. 20 million by the end of this year and sales could keep right on chugging if Microsoft doesn't introduce a new console (unlikely considering how much effort Microsoft has put in to extend the Xbox's life). Lets not dismiss the possibility so easily. 

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Seece said:
Mad55 said:
Seece said:
dany612 said:
Seece said:

Has Nintendo even released figures for the Balance Board, why are people adding up Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus numbers and coming out with the totl amount of balance boards lol.

Regardless, we'll see how Kinect sells this year, it'll have another xmas on par with last year though, so it'll easily surpass 20 million by the end of the year.

And the sales won't die then either ...

Wii Fit Plus keeps on selling. So no chance.

If you're gonna reply actually come up with something that refutes my post. Wii Fit Plus is selling, but you have no idea what the userbase is. It could be anywhere from 25 to 40 million. Kinect will surpass 20 million this year with ease (really if you don't think it will do the figures without bias interfering) after that, it's not going to flop like people expect it too. Until Nintendo give figures on the Balance board you're only saying it won't because, well obvious reasons

There is no way to tell right now, if Balance board is at 30 million sales, and they don't do a sequel for whatever reason, Wii fit sales will slowly simmer down. Kinect is a very different peice of HW. It's going to have meaningful price cuts, SW pushes the Wii fit never saw, and most of all massive support from Microsoft, they want this to be big everywhere. All those factors can't be ignored.

very heated eh. but i dont think kinect has a chance to outsell wiifit.

Wii fit, Wii Fit franchise or Balance board sales?

lol i mean the wiifit franchise see people are kinda throwing both words around in this thread but the just the board not including the software im not sure about that.

Well to be fair, before the introduction of Wii Fit Plus, the two probably could be thrown around together.  But yea now a distinction does exist.  But as the source I provided stated, 34 million balance boards shipped as of the end of 2010 compared to about 40-41 million copies of Wii Fit franchise. 

How many Wii boards have sold?  is every Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus  sold with a board?  I doubt Kinect sells 35-40 million units, but I think it's going to see sales in the 20-25 million range at this rate...Kinect Adventures will probably be the biggest software title for the 360.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Zucas said:
Mad55 said:
Seece said:
Mad55 said:
Seece said:
dany612 said:
Seece said:

Has Nintendo even released figures for the Balance Board, why are people adding up Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus numbers and coming out with the totl amount of balance boards lol.

Regardless, we'll see how Kinect sells this year, it'll have another xmas on par with last year though, so it'll easily surpass 20 million by the end of the year.

Wii Fit Plus keeps on selling. So no chance.

If you're gonna reply actually come up with something that refutes my post. Wii Fit Plus is selling, but you have no idea what the userbase is. It could be anywhere from 25 to 40 million. Kinect will surpass 20 million this year with ease (really if you don't think it will do the figures without bias interfering) after that, it's not going to flop like people expect it too. Until Nintendo give figures on the Balance board you're only saying it won't because, well obvious reasons

There is no way to tell right now, if Balance board is at 30 million sales, and they don't do a sequel for whatever reason, Wii fit sales will slowly simmer down. Kinect is a very different peice of HW. It's going to have meaningful price cuts, SW pushes the Wii fit never saw, and most of all massive support from Microsoft, they want this to be big everywhere. All those factors can't be ignored.

very heated eh. but i dont think kinect has a chance to outsell wiifit.

Wii fit, Wii Fit franchise or Balance board sales?

lol i mean the wiifit franchise see people are kinda throwing both words around in this thread but the just the board not including the software im not sure about that.

Well to be fair, before the introduction of Wii Fit Plus, the two probably could be thrown around together.  But yea now a distinction does exist.  But as the source I provided stated, 34 million balance boards shipped as of the end of 2010 compared to about 40-41 million copies of Wii Fit franchise. 

wow 34 million well ill say im leaniing more towards the balance boards.

yes

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Seece said:

Has Nintendo even released figures for the Balance Board, why are people adding up Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus numbers and coming out with the total amount of balance boards lol.

Um they did say in the recent financial report.  According to NIntendo as of the end of December 2010, they have shipped over 34 million balance boards (Source).  So given about 40 million copies of Wii Fit/Wii Fit Plus shipped, does show most buyers of Wii Fit Plus are buying the one with the balance board.  Also shows that current customers of Wii Fit aren't likely upgrading to Wii Fit Plus, which isn't too surprising as the differences between the two are not too extreme. 

34 million? So it's easy to say no.

Kinect sales are great, but this is too much.

Xbox3 will come out before Kinect hit 20M.

December 2011 should indicate which way this will go.  At the moment I think Balance Board might outsell Kinect but Kinect is showing enough momentum to make it close.  More titles that do well and a good December 2011 and Kinect might have a shot.

Balance board continues to sell pretty well too of course, but I feel it has less of a library and momentum at the moment so the question will be can Kinect really post some huge sales in its first 18 months to close the gap enough or not?

Lol - I guess I'm saying maybe...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Yes, kinect is simply too expensive at the moment.

Wii fit is so last decade...

Only if MS makes one or two 'hardcore' games to make the 'hardcore' 360 gamer base want to buy Kinect.