By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Call of Duty 4 sales in Japan

It releases on the 27th of December

Predict sales? It's a total western game and the 360 has found itself a nice 50-100k niche in Japan. Western games on the PS3 have not sold well at all in Japan....

Predict 1st week and lifetime sales for this one?

Around the Network

15k first week...life time 35k..

Which system? lol

Oh ..Euhm PS3.

Edit: I just saw the numbers for COD 3.

The game sold around 2-5k in whole his lifetime in Japan.

COD 3 sold around 17k LTD in Japan. I know it sold 10k opening week.

Resistance sold 140k. I could see this doing close to 40-50k.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

hmmm, no robots, no effiminite men, no school girls in short skirts,,,, I expect 10k life time sales and all 10k are sold to Americans living in Japan.

43k opening week on both consoles combined.

I think a lot of 360 owners in Japan own it due to taste in games. Id say itll be a bout equal. People tend to think just because a 360 is in japan its owned by a japanese person with japanese tastes. Most, im assuming, have western tastes which is hwy we see inflated numbers sometimes on western cross platform games. It will be higher for th ePS3, but not by a ton, imo.

The PS3 version will deffinatly have batter sales than the 360 version ... the question is , how much sales the 3 versions combined will make ? ( PS3 , 360 , PC ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

jhlennon1 said:

It releases on the 27th of December

Predict sales? It's a total western game and the 360 has found itself a nice 50-100k niche in Japan. Western games on the PS3 have not sold well at all in Japan....

Predict 1st week and lifetime sales for this one?

Hard to predict really, id say sales on both platforms will be fairly equal as the 360 has lesser numbers but from past sales it seems its owners are more open to western games.

Japan is in such a weird period at the moment, games that should be selling just arent. I mean, folklore id have thought would have been a pretty intriguing game for the japanese but its at about 40k ltd.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey.