By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS is more powerful than Wii!

did anyone doub this?

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network

It  does. I can play Nintendo games. 

NoirSon said:

The Wii is more powerful then the original Xbox and the GC, neither of which were ever pushed to the edge of what could be done with it.

Most devs literally use PSP/PS2 type tools and half ass even that, then blame the system for not pushing further. Which I sort of get, but lets be real, it is just them being lazy. Short of games that require intricate AI for multiple characters  that would appear on screen at once, there isn't much that shouldn't be possible on the Wii that other games are getting. It is the fact that they'd have to work to reach good graphics and work around the motion controls that turn developers off.

If the Wii2 really did come out and was capable of matching 360 or PS3 level graphics but was slightly deficient in another spec category, devs would claim that and the audience as to why they don't have games on it.

Jade Empire and Resident Evil 4.

Lastgengamer said:
Nintendo 3DS is more powerful than Wii - Conduit dev

High Voltage "surprised" by handheld's power 

Nintendo 3DS is more powerful than the Wii.

That's the word from developer High Voltage (The Conduit), which is currently working on a number of ideas for the 3D handheld.

Matt Corso, the company's creative director, says he's impressed with the power of the console: "In some ways, it's even more powerful than the Wii," he told HDWarriors.

"The amount of power dedicated to the small screen opens a lot of possibilities, and the shading and texture ability is superior."

As for producer Keith Hladik, he admitted that Nintendo's portable has taken him by surprise. "From our internal testing we have been incredibly surprised at what the little system can do," he said.

"From a strictly visual point-of-view, it is impressive. We are able to pull off many advanced lighting and texture techniques much more easily than on the Wii.

"That doesn't mean that there isn't a cost to doing them, only that they can be done more easily."

Hladik added that the company is working on a number of games for 3DS. "We do have 3DS kits, we are working on a number of different ideas, and we are definitely excited about what this system means to the industry."

You'll be able to see how powerful Nintendo's new console is for yourself when 3DS is released in the UK next month. Nintendo confirmed its 3DS launch line-up yesterday.

[ Source: HDWarriors & CVG.com

The Xbox 1 is more powerful than the Wii lol.

If you want a surpising one..... the NGP is more powerful than xbox 360 :)

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

jhuff394 said:

Actually, it's not.  The Xbox has Direct3D shaders which were easy for devs to exploit but the Wii has more horsepower overall.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
jhuff394 said:

Actually, it's not.  The Xbox has Direct3D shaders which were easy for devs to exploit but the Wii has more horsepower overall.

Don’t bother :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Not that hard to believe

I'd say that thery're really close, about the same imo

Viper1 said:
jhuff394 said:

From what I understand, basically...

Xbox: D3D compliant, more programmable/flexible, HDD caching

Wii: faster CPU/GPU, more memory, far less latency, WiFi

...they're generally "on par" though, like comparing 360 and PS3.

Roma said:
Viper1 said:
jhuff394 said:

Don’t bother :P

why not, well get drenched with bullshots "proving" one is more powerful than the other, people will claim that games look bad if they don't like them and great if they do, framerate is ignored, and I'm pretty sure that wii port of farcry will show up sooner or later

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IS there actually hardware still sold out there that is less powerfull than a Wii ?

Seriously...

I think my cellphone is more powerfull than a Wii..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !