By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nights: Journey into Dreams does not live up to its predecessor!

75% isn't too bad. It's good enough that if it's your type of game you might love it.

I'm sure a lot of people were hoping for better, but 75 is about what I expected. :/

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I loved Sonic Adventure 2: battle. One of y favorite games ever. Harvest Moon 64 too. what did those get? I am pretty sure niether was a AAA game.

once again screw pro reviewers, I'm sick of them finding the ability to lose at all in games a flaw, all they want is a game that holds their hands from beginning to end.
then they demand voice acting in all games, and the abolition of split screen multi-player, and they seem to find the ability to curse other people out online more important than gameplay

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nintendo Power: 9
Dengeki: 90, 90, 75
Gamezone: 8
Famitsu: 8, 7, 7, 7
Gamespot: 7.5
EGM: 7, 7.5, 7
1up: 7
GameTap: 7
IGN: 6.5

Good enough for me. I was going to get it no matter what the reviews said though. I loved NiGHTS into Dreams, and the only thing that would stop me from getting Journey of Dreams would be some sort of terrible technical glitch.

---------------
The Board is the best site on the Internet.

If the game sells as well Mario & Sonic Olympics, I don't think Sega will care about the reviews.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
If the game sells as well Mario & Sonic Olympics, I don't think Sega will care about the reviews.

It won't. 

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Avalach21 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

It won't.

Plus this game has better rviews than most recent Sonic games, so the OP's comment is really off, since Sonice had more than one sequel, to have those drops. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

The reviews aren't surprising to me. Looks like the game was rushed out for Christmas, although it's only barely out for Christmas. Still they are better than I feared. I might pick this up myself.

I can't see Nights selling well, at least, not like Mario & Sonic. If anything it'll do what Zack & Wiki seem to be doing, sell consistantly through word of mouth. Could become another cult classic. Like it's predecessor. Image that.

Ya, I never thought this would be very good ....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

SEGA just bashed another of their series. Damn...

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D