By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nights: Journey into Dreams does not live up to its predecessor!

Well, the reviews are in, and Nights: Journey into Dreams, pulled a "Sonic the Hedgehog," and did not live up to its predecessor, and also missed the 80%+ mark, which is equivilent to a "four star" mark. Currently, it's at 75.7% on Game Rankings, which is about the same as Sonic Heroes, and a little bit more than Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, which isn't really all that good, especially since the original Nights into Dreams for the Sega Saturn got around 87% on Game Rankings. To be honest, the graphics did not look all that good in the game. Perhaps Sega is best at making games for Sega consoles, since ever since it became a third party developer, the quality of some of their games have dropped. Oh well...

Around the Network

all that matter is if it's a good game for us, not the reviewers.

So why is there an exclamation mark in the topic title? Is this a good thing?

Also, they weren't positioning this as a 'great' game for Wii, just a 'good' game, which 75% is indicative of.

Rocketdustf40 said:
all that matter is if it's a good game for us, not the reviewers.

Although I know there are tons of people who do, it's always surprising when I see someone who gets it.

Around the Network

Hey a post about gamerankings, Crash, and Sonic!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Metacritic has it at 74 (just missing a mostly favorable green rating of 75). Reviews are from 90 to the lowest being a 65 from IGN.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/nightsjourneyofdreams

Slightly disappointing, but really, who wasn't expecting this?

Probably not buying, unless I can find it really cheap in a year or two.

I pre-ordered it. Reviews seem to be over the map. EGM said it was too easy, IGN said it was too hard. EMG gave it 7.5 IGN 6.5 Nintendo Power on the other hand said it was brilliant and perfect other than the horrible on foot children parts and gave it a 9...
I think Sega should make a "sega staurn collection" game the same way they did with sega genisis games. The PSP, Wii, 360, and PS3 could probably all handle as saturn collection.

*yawn* Gamerankings? And we care why? Especially for this game.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall