By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nights: Journey into Dreams does not live up to its predecessor!

Oh is a.l.e.x59 bitching about Sega again? *Yawn*...

Around the Network

See this is the kind of s#*t that pisses me off, third party developers wont put their AAA teams on the wii until gamers start buying their games. But who in their right mind would buy this crap, this is not even worth renting. If they want to see a profit make games that people actually care to play. do they think people are stupid?

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Daileon said:
SEGA just bashed another of their series. Damn...

Sega just turned NiGHTS into a series with this game.  It is in the top 5 for Wii games when it comes to graphics, has good sounds, lots of options, and online play.  I am happy with my purchase :)

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

So has anyone played it yet??

The reviews don't talk about anything of importance...

The Game is NOT bad. The graphics are quite good (especially for Wii) but the most important part is that the NiGHTS gameplay is intact...

The story and foot parts are broken (but they were broken in the original) and I can pass on the story and the voice acting being bad....

What was fun about the original nights is still here... the Joystick based gameplay... it's just a hell of a lot of fun to fly around as NiGHTS.

There was a reason why the game didn't sell super highly in the first place, and none of the reviews seem to even be fans of the original.

If you're a fan of the original it still feels the same, it still has that mystical feeling that you got playing the first one... you should just skip past the cut scenes.

Overall the game feels exactly like the original to me with crappy cut scenes and still crappy on foot parts. The fun is flying as Nights.

BenKenobi88 said:
Hey a post about gamerankings, Crash, and Sonic!

Hey, a post, stating about the mentions of Game Rankings, Crash, and Sonic, found in the original post, from the only person who cares.

You know, I've been intentionally mentioning Crash, and Sonic, in many of my threads, because I know that you will always point them out. At first, it was a short series of coincidences, but later on I made it intentional, for I know how much you love Crash and Sonic.

So far, you have pointed this out about 7-8 times. Congratulations!

Around the Network
MrPickles said:
Also, they weren't positioning this as a 'great' game for Wii, just a 'good' game, which 75% is indicative of.

75% is just "meh." It's pretty much on "Blinx: The Time Sweeper" level.

Picko said:
*yawn* Gamerankings? And we care why? Especially for this game.

Sometimes it is smarter to read the reviews, so that you do not walk blind-folded into a game store, and spend $50 on a game you would later regret.

andrewpeirce said:
I loved Sonic Adventure 2: battle. One of y favorite games ever. Harvest Moon 64 too. what did those get? I am pretty sure niether was a AAA game.

Harvest Moon 64? I don't know about that one. Sonic Adventure 2 was better on the Dreamcast.

gamingdevil said:

Well, they kind of botched another franchise...

a.l.e.x59 said:
gamingdevil said:

Well, they kind of botched another franchise...

No. 75% is NOT BOTCHING. Sonic on the 360 and PS3 got just over 45% AND sold poorly. This game has a much better score, and it's just been released.

Plus they are NOT saying this game is bad, just not blowing them away, like Bioshock. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs