By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War Not Coming to PS3 Anytime Soon Says Epic Games

tjallern said:

Ninja... Gaiden.... 2....

Although under a different name... Do not know if you were serious

Microsoft only picked that up for overseas release.  They didn't fund it or work on it directly like they did ME1 or the Gears trilogy.

Around the Network

You'll see Gears 1-3 on PS3/NGP the same day you see Heavy Rain on 360.

I really enjoyed Crash 1-3 and Spyro 1-3 on N64.  Fun times.

jarrod said:

Does this also mean that you agree Final Fantasy VII Remake will be on a PlayStation Platform?

Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:

Does this also mean that you agree Final Fantasy VII Remake will be on a PlayStation Platform?

SCE didn't fund FFVII, or work on it directly.  Same deal as Microsoft and NG2, they just picked it up for overseas release and a threw it a gigantic moneyhat / advertising campaign.

Also, remake = / = port.

jarrod said:

SCE didn't fund FFVII, or work on it directly.  Same deal as Microsoft and NG2, they just picked it up for overseas release and a threw it a gigantic moneyhat / advertising campaign.

Also, remake = / = port.

SCE Published the game (And hugely advertised it) in NA and Europe, didn't they? I'd call that working on it directly.

But judging by what you said, you also think it's possible for a Gears of War Collection to appear on PS3? It wont be a Port, it wont be Gears 1, 2 or 3. It will be a seperate release. Yes?

If Epic Games want to do it. They can.

Around the Network

S.T.A.G.E, I didn´t know you no longer have a 360...what made you get rid of it?

Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:

Also, remake = / = port.

SCE Published the game (And hugely advertised it) in NA and Europe, didn't they? I'd call that working on it directly.

But judging by what you said, you also think it's possible for a Gears of War Collection to appear on PS3? It wont be a Port, it wont be Gears 1, 2 or 3. It will be a seperate release. Yes?

If Epic Games want to do it. They can.

I'm talking creation.  As in a development capacity.  There were Microsoft staff developing Gears 1-3.  Sony staff weren't developing FFVII.  Microsoft funded development for Gears 1-3.  Sony didn't fund development for FFVII.  There's a pretty clear difference here, one was intrinsically involved in creation of the game, the other wasn't.

It's the same story for Sony with the PS1 Crash and Spyro games, or recently with Heavy Rain.  That's why they strike good parallels with Gears 1-3 (or Shadow Complex btw) and games like FFVII or NG2 don't.  Owning the IP isn't necessarily owning the game, that's in large part why the Nintendo/Rare split was so messy, to the point where they can't even work out a Goldeneye reissue today.

Gears 1-3 won't appear on PS3 (or any PlayStation, ever) in any way, shape or form.  A Gears game could, maybe even Gears 4, but not 1-3.  

jarrod said:

Gears 1-3 won't appear on PS3 (or any PlayStation, ever) in any way, shape or form.  A Gears game could, maybe even Gears 4, but not 1-3.  

In that case I don't even know why we're in disagreement ¬_¬

I totally agree with that. What I was arguing against with ElGran was that the franchise is Epics to do with what they please.

would be nice but if the money MS is giving them to keep it on 360 is that good then i don't blame them, and if its not money then alls good in the world and epic can continue to do as they see fit.

LOL...M$ probably jointly funds the development of the game, so if you are a developer, and as a developer, that's SO critical.  They get a secure funding source to market and publish the game, and they continue to have Gears franchise as the R&D bed for their graphical engines, which they pimp out quiet handsomely to others..."Bird in the hand..." case here, imho.  Unless Sony is willing to “heavily incentivize” them to shift, dunno why Epic would do so…

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder