By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War Not Coming to PS3 Anytime Soon Says Epic Games

S.T.A.G.E. said:
heruamon said:

LOL...M$ probably jointly funds the development of the game, so if you are a developer, and as a developer, that's SO critical.  They get a secure funding source to market and publish the game, and they continue to have Gears franchise as the R&D bed for their graphical engines, which they pimp out quiet handsomely to others..."Bird in the hand..." case here, imho.  Unless Sony is willing to “heavily incentivize” them to shift, dunno why Epic would do so…

Microsoft funds Gears? LOL....Their fund came with a contract for its exclusivity. That game is funded by Epic plain and simple. They've grown by leaps and bounds by the sales of Gears and the Unreal engine iterations alone. Microsoft needs to get better game scouting, because most of the games they've funded have failed.

And you know the complete financial disclosure of Epic's arrangement with M$...lol.

correction of your comments -

"Microsoft needs to get better game scouting, because most of the games they've funded IN JAPAN have failed."

Fixed.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
Chairman-Mao said:
jarrod said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Unless MS is paying them to keep it exclusive then there is no good reason to keep it just on 360. 3rd party exclusives don't make any sense to me. 

Microsoft's already likely done the "payment".   I'd agree though, 3rd party exclusives only really make sense when they're being subsidized by the hardware maker... which Gears 1-3 undoubtedly were.

Agreed, They definitely paid for Gears to be exclusive. 

Some people call it "payments" when M$ does it, and "developmental partnerships" when other console makers do it...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

heruamon said:
Chairman-Mao said:
jarrod said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Unless MS is paying them to keep it exclusive then there is no good reason to keep it just on 360. 3rd party exclusives don't make any sense to me. 

Microsoft's already likely done the "payment".   I'd agree though, 3rd party exclusives only really make sense when they're being subsidized by the hardware maker... which Gears 1-3 undoubtedly were.

Some people call it "payments" when M$ does it, and "developmental partnerships" when other console makers do it...

lol developmental partnership just sounds weird. I'm not trying to knock MS here, it was a smart move getting Gears to be exclusive. 

Chairman-Mao said:
heruamon said:
Chairman-Mao said:
jarrod said:
Chairman-Mao said:

lol developmental partnership just sounds weird. I'm not trying to knock MS here, it was a smart move getting Gears to be exclusive. 

How would you describe the Resistance franchise, for example ofcourse...

heruamon said:
Chairman-Mao said:
heruamon said:
Chairman-Mao said:
jarrod said:
Chairman-Mao said:

If it was with Micro$oft (see what I did here, how clever and funny I am!) it would be nasty M$ money buying poor developers souls, but if it's Sony the saint company, it's a gentlemen agreement.

Around the Network
Kynes said:

If it was with Micro$oft (see what I did here, how clever and funny I am!) it would be nasty M$ money buying poor developers souls, but if it's Sony the saint company, it's a gentlemen agreement.

Except that Insomniac has been (gasp!) working with the saintly Sony since the PS1.

How many gens has Epic been working with M$ again?

Yeah.....think along those lines and you are getting somewhere.

mantlepiecek said:
Kynes said:

Except that Insomniac has been (gasp!) working with the saintly Sony since the PS1.

Errrr...since they started as a company, creating PC games...oooh...that's right...PC developers don't work with M$...Windows OS is undefined entity that can’t be attributed to anyone or anything, when it comes to gaming.

heruamon said:
mantlepiecek said:
Kynes said:

Errrr...since they started as a company, creating PC games...oooh...that's right...PC developers don't work with M$...Windows OS is undefined entity that can’t be attributed to anyone or anything, when it comes to gaming.

How many games has MS published made by Epic?

Windows means jack sh*t when it comes to games. Its just an OS and I can legally play many of those games in linux if I want to.

Or in MAC.

Besides, Epic supports the linux officially too in some of their games. 

Epic had nothing to do with MS before this gen when it came to publishing games. Even now, they are making bulletstorm multi-plat....why do you think they are doing that? Simple, because they have the right to and because MS is not interested in it.

Insomniac-Sony relation is much deeper and this is the first time they will be going multi-plat; and even then they are releasing 2 exclusives for the PS3 this year itself. The multi-plat IP isn't even announced yet.

heruamon said:
Chairman-Mao said:
heruamon said:
Chairman-Mao said:
jarrod said:
Chairman-Mao said:

I would describe it as awesome. Resistance 2 took a step back from Fall of Man but Resistance 3 is looking to be fantastic. :)

mantlepiecek said:
heruamon said:
mantlepiecek said:
Kynes said:

How many games has MS published made by Epic?

Windows means jack sh*t when it comes to games. Its just an OS and I can legally play many of those games in linux if I want to.

Or in MAC.

Besides, Epic supports the linux officially too in some of their games. 

Epic had nothing to do with MS before this gen when it came to publishing games. Even now, they are making bulletstorm multi-plat....why do you think they are doing that? Simple, because they have the right to and because MS is not interested in it.

Insomniac-Sony relation is much deeper and this is the first time they will be going multi-plat; and even then they are releasing 2 exclusives for the PS3 this year itself. The multi-plat IP isn't even announced yet.

Keep believing so, and maybe it will be true...I can't wait for Insomniac's first multi-platform title...