By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War Not Coming to PS3 Anytime Soon Says Epic Games

Not every game needs to go multi; Gears is fine where it is. The 360 and PS3 barely have any differences as it is. If too many games go multiplatform, then they may as well be the same console.

Around the Network

glad gears is staying with xbox. the xbox is running out of games that make it shine so the xbox needs gears. Gears is probably the only reason i pay for xbox live.

Carl2291 said:

It's not happening. Full stop.

I don't see why people still cling on to this one.

The games sell 6 Million units on the 360. They don't need to go Multiplat.

It would sell 10-12 million if it was PS3/360/PC, so why isn't it? 

Answer: MS has a say on where the franchise can and cannot go.

ElGranCabeza said:

Microsoft have no say at all.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/15/rein-epic-owns-gears-ip-can-do-what-we-want-with-it/

It's Epic's IP. Epic can do with it what they please. As it is, they want to keep it exclusive to the 360.

Machiavellian said:
880user088 said:

lol That what Bioware Said about mass effect 2 

No, they said that about Mass Effect 1.  They never said that ME2 or 3 would not appear on the PS3.  It's pretty simple.  MS publishes Gears.  Epic is happy with their relationship with MS and I am sure there are some conditions in their contract about making GOW on another competing platform.  ME1 was published by MS, this is the reason you will never see ME1 on the PS3.

You're wrong, but that's irrelevant because Gears will never come to a non MS console.

For the record, Bioware said ME2 is PC/360 only and if you want it, you should get it there. And 2K games and Ken Levine said the same thing about Bioshock 1.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Microsoft have no say at all.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/15/rein-epic-owns-gears-ip-can-do-what-we-want-with-it/

It's Epic's IP. Epic can do with it what they please. As it is, they want to keep it exclusive to the 360.

I've already dissected that argument, bottom line, that's untrue.

ElGranCabeza said:

Okay. So what you say holds more weight than what the Vice President of Epic Games says, when regarding a game made by Epic Games?

No.

Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Okay. So what you say holds more weight than what the Vice President of Epic Games says, when regarding a game made by Epic Games?

No.

I'm not gonna explain it again.

ElGranCabeza said:

I don't need you to explain anything for me to know that you're wrong.

Mark Rein > You.

Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

I don't need you to explain anything for me to know that you're wrong.

Mark Rein > You.

Copyrights and trademarks > Mark Rein.