By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War Not Coming to PS3 Anytime Soon Says Epic Games

slowmo said:
-Newcloud- said:

i dont think ps3 fans care uncharted>>>gears(in evey single way) 

Apart from sales, total number of hours played online and if you average the franchises metacritic scores across the series it loses in that metric too.  There are many other ways the Gears franchise is superior to Uncharted but even one disposes you rather sad view of "in every way".

Personally I like both franchises for diffferent reasons, the campaign in Uncharted is better, the online in Gears wipes the floor with Uncharted. 

LMAo, what fanboyism, UC2 alone won more awards then both gears game COMBINED, as well is the HIGHEST rated Game, not just exclusive, this entire gen.

Sales? LMAO, since when do sales = better? Wi sports must be the best game ever made, britney spears > Bob dylan. 360 ahs about 2 exclusives, of course they sell like hot cakes, Ps3 gamers have a lot more variety and games to buy, its spread out a  LOT more.

all those reviews you mentioned,  rave about online in UC2. Gears of war 2 online was GARBAGE, LAg, no host migration, glitchy, terrible matchmaking, I played it for awhile as i Have both systems, please.

Also, 96 % avg for uc2, 89 uc1, even if you average it out, still higher then gears of war. Uncharted is a lot better then gears in every way. Gears appeals to do childish 12 year olds with the gore, cheesy one liners. Also, news flash,game reviess are NOT the be all end all, gameing is devoid of any real professioanl reviews like the movie industry has, Gaming is stil a way to immature medium, with reagrds to its journalism. Almost any avg game to day gets 8-9, ridiculous.

The melee, platform elements, story, characters in uncharted all a beyond what gears tries to portray, the chainsaw (NOOBSAW), really hurts the multiplayer in that game, along with the slew of issues it had. I was disgusted having to pay for LIVE to have such a poorly working online game, if you played gears online at all you would know that the fanbase was quite upset how gears 2 came out, gears 1 online was way better.  The online in gears is no better then uncharted at all.

So no, Ps3 gamers really dont care, with the slew of top quality exclusives on PS3, the last thing on a ps3 gamers mind is the 1 or 2 exclusives 360 has. 

Around the Network

Imagine Gears 3 NGP launch title! =D

Bringing up SALEs as some kind of argument right off  the bat shows a desperate argument. Sales generally = mass appeal, not better. There are hundreds of examples, in movies, books, games, etc...  In that case wii is better then 360 and ps3 right?

So what I'm seeing is: I have great game A (Uncharted), so I am either going to put down great game B (Gears) or pretend like I couldn't possibly want to play it, because one great game is all I need (I've seen this reversed as well, to be fair).

Come on folks, aren't we all men enough to see how sad that is?  I mean it sucks that you can't play gears or uncharted if you are a single system owner, but sour grapes... really?

I have played both series extensively and enjoy them both.  If I had to pick a favorite I could, but why would I try to convince anyone that my opinion as to which is best is better than their opinion?

And Leper-Messiah - you REALLY created an account JUST to "prove" how Uncharted is > Gears? HAHA, that's actually a little funny.

On topic, I think that Microsoft and Epic have a good relationship going with Gears, and wouldn't see either disrupting that.  This isn't really new, news though, they've been pretty consistent with this since the begining. 

How about NGP? i would love that.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
badgenome said:

So it's coming eventually!

that's how i read that statement!  I'm calling it -- Gears of War Collection HD remake.

are you saying gears of war on 360 is not HD? :P

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
-Newcloud- said:
slowmo said:
-Newcloud- said:

i dont think ps3 fans care uncharted>>>gears(in evey single way) 

Apart from sales, total number of hours played online and if you average the franchises metacritic scores across the series it loses in that metric too.  There are many other ways the Gears franchise is superior to Uncharted but even one disposes you rather sad view of "in every way".

Personally I like both franchises for diffferent reasons, the campaign in Uncharted is better, the online in Gears wipes the floor with Uncharted. 

wups i forgot to add IMO.

Thats a big wups :-p

I don't care. Sony is taking all my money as is. If Microsoft can get me to buy another 360 I'll consider Gears, but really and truly its an after thought.

Isn't that a good thing? 

If gears went multi-plat then that would be overkill. I say let it stay exclusive. 360 core gamers have (almost) nothing this year, and it would be a good competition between Uncharted 3 and Gears 3.

So some people here seem to discredit Gears, but they want it on NGP. Strange.