By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official VGChartz “My Gaming Set Up” Thread.

SvennoJ said:

I have another set up in the living room for the wii and motion gaming. Jumping in the projector beam doesn't work and the wii doesn't look so hot at this size. GT5 just looks and plays amazing on this.

Did you make those shelves yourself or did you buy them? If you bought them, where from?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:

Here is mine in the living area:

Update: Resized images.

Where did you get this cabinet? It fits games perfectly!!

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Hephaestos said:
LivingMetal said:
Killy_Vorkosigan said:

/sarcasm : Do you accept picture of Steam Library ?

On a serious note, I have NEVER used steam.  But if you can talk a screen shot of your PC while blurring out any personal info, let us see what you've been playing.

just how many PS2 games do you have???

in any case, it's nice how neatly you order your stuff. I wish I had enough space for my stuff... 1/2 of it is in storage at my parent's house and 1/4 has been thrown away (I do regret that, especially seeing ebay prices).

Can you count them yourself?

168, and there are still a few more I'm still trying to get my hands on.  Also, there is a copy of Drakangard on my shelves that a friend gave to me.  I don't count that as part of my collection.  Never throw away gaming stuff.  I wish I didn't sell my NES and my 100 Atari cartridges.

SvennoJ said:

Now this is what I want to do in the next three to four years.  I see us moving to a bigger house after my daughter is born and having a room very similar to this.  Thanks for the inspiration, man.

makingmusic476 said:

Here's my room:

And here's my entertainment center:

Though the layout of that shelf has changed.  I've since moved my PC games to another shelf, moved my PS1/2 collection on to the shelf since I was running out of room downstairs, and have also expanded my anime collection.

I also probably should've taken pictures of what's *inside* the entertainment center, though they would've been outdated already as I've since gotten a Dreamcast.  It fits in quite nicely next to the N64.

Am I the only person with so many old consoles plugged into my HDTV and ready to go at a moment's notice?  lol

You try to make seem much more impressive than it is.

At least you've started displaying your stuff since last I've been there.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Leunam said:

Dude, are you stalking me...?

outlawauron said:
makingmusic476 said:

Here's my room:

And here's my entertainment center:

Though the layout of that shelf has changed.  I've since moved my PC games to another shelf, moved my PS1/2 collection on to the shelf since I was running out of room downstairs, and have also expanded my anime collection.

I also probably should've taken pictures of what's *inside* the entertainment center, though they would've been outdated already as I've since gotten a Dreamcast.  It fits in quite nicely next to the N64.

Am I the only person with so many old consoles plugged into my HDTV and ready to go at a moment's notice?  lol

You try to make seem much more impressive than it is.

Nope! I have 2 PS2's, a Saturn and a Genesis all connected to one SCART RGB output via a splitter. The only other console connected is the PS3.

Michael-5 said:
SvennoJ said:

I have another set up in the living room for the wii and motion gaming. Jumping in the projector beam doesn't work and the wii doesn't look so hot at this size. GT5 just looks and plays amazing on this.

Did you make those shelves yourself or did you buy them? If you bought them, where from?

My father-in-law made those for me. I wanted them to be a perfect fit for dvd and blu-ray cases and could not find that anywhere.

I still have a couple moving boxes full of laserdiscs, but since tv's (and tv stands) went thin I have nowhere to put them anymore.

Michael-5 said:
LivingMetal said:

Here is mine in the living area:

Update: Resized images.

Where did you get this cabinet? It fits games perfectly!!

These shelves were bought from a now out of business furniture chain called Storehouse.  It originally came with 5 adjustable shelves, and you bought extras if you need them.  I needed four more when they went out of business, but I got a friend of mine to make four matching ones for me.  Yes, it's a nice fit, but you can barely put your fingers between the top of the case and the shelf above it.  

Xen said:

Nope! I have 2 PS2's, a Saturn and a Genesis all connected to one SCART RGB output via a splitter. The only other console connected is the PS3.

*high fives*

But why two ps2s?   Different regions?