By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Are The Chances We'll See Mother/Earthbound Again?

Seriously, I Find it too Hard to say the series is officially Dead, Though the third one was supposedly the last one. Mother has a permenate spot on in Smash in the from Ness and recently Lucas both actuallyvery popular characters Even when we have only had one official installment to to series make over here that most ppl have never had the chance to play.

The 3DS in all in goodness is sont the way and a would make a perfect oppurtunity to reboot/ressurect the franchise.

or they could do a console installment

Attachments:

My Mouth waters at the thought.
Kid Icarus is gettin his reboot dur to his Smash reception and even fire emblem got its chance again( sorta in the from of a western release)
what the chances of Mother gettin one sometime soon?
btw does Shigesato Itoi still work for Nintendo?

Around the Network

I want to say that Itoi is not directly working for Nintendo, but he's still on close terms with them (he conducted the SMB 25th anniversary Iwata asks interview) and still has an in with Iwata himself, being that he was previously associated with APE under HAL's supervision way back when.

Though clearly Nintendo has little concern for the Mother franchise. If they had cared much about growing it, they would have moved Mother 3 to the DS, even superficially (keep graphics the same, throw in a token touch-screen menu like in Pokemon), as it would have made much more sense than releasing a first-party GBA game in 2006. Equally, they've done nothing to promote the franchise on Virtual Console, even in Japan, so this is something that goes deeper than mere localization skittishness

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I want Nintendo to release a Mother 1 - 3 collection for Europe.  Mother 2/Earthbound is one of the only SNES RPGs that still isn't available in Europe (FFIV - VI were ported to the DS, SMRPG and Ogre Battle MotBQ on the Virtual Console, Chrono Trigger ported to DS, Tactics Ogre ported to PSX etc).

I would love to see Mother 1 3 ported to 3DS. Actually I would be just as happy if Mother 1 3 were brought to Virtual Console on 3DS or Wii. However I don't think Nintendo wants too, that or BrownieBrown has specifically told Nintendo not to.

Fact is Starmen.net got tens of thousands infact I think over 100k in signatures in the past to bring Mother 1 2 and later Mother 3 to North America. Despite all the signatures , the campaigns of Starmen.net even fans translating them . Nintendo continued to stand its ground.

Will we see Mother 4? I only beat EarthBound (Mother 2) So I don't know how the plot plays out in 3. But it seems to me that shigesato itoi does not want their to be another one.

However have faith as fans are taking over the series. Mother 4 is in development for the PC by a group of fans. Sure it won't be shigesato itoi but hopefully the fans will create a game worth playing.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Get Brownie Brown to do a 3DS remake using the Fantasy Life engine.

Around the Network

I've pretty much lost any hope that any official releases will come down from Nintendo or Hal, but honestly If you follow Starmen.net well enough, there are workable roms and translations out there. My biggest problem is that I would actually like to support the people who actually made the game with my dollars, but there is no way to.

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

Too low, sadly

Even lower for a western release...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

What are those screenshots from?

Conegamer said:

Too low, sadly

Sadly this. Granted, as was pointed out, the Fire Emblems series started being released out west after Melee and now a new Kid Icarus is in development. It may be developed on that basis. But may is stressed for a reason. :(

The true test of any scholar's work is not what his contemporaries say, but what happens to his work in the next 25 or 50 years. - Milton Friedman.

Sheeplord said:
Conegamer said:

Too low, sadly

Sadly this. Granted, as was pointed out, the Fire Emblems series started being released out west after Melee and now a new Kid Icarus is in development. It may be developed on that basis. But may is stressed for a reason.

The difference between Fire Emblem and this is that Fire Emblem was fairly big in Japan beforehand, Earthbound isn't.

And, with The Last Story now out, and Monolith Soft under their belt, why return to Earthbound?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.