By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vanquish Boosts Past 800,000 Sold, Sonic Colors Sells Over Double That No.

I think Sonic is a bit undertracked, because those are numbers till December 31st, and in that date VGchartz has 1.21 millions sold on both consoles.

So the difference is actually:

(1.85 - 1.21) / 2 = .320 M units per platform in store shelves and I think that's more than the expected 10%. Not saying very undertracked, but it can be somewhat undertracked.

Around the Network

So Platinum's found the formula: supplement their exquisite gameplay with stereotypical stylistic choices for gamers: Blood (MadWorld), Tits (Bayonetta), Space Marines (Vanquish)

Stay tuned for Hooker Star Marine Bloodbath, coming from Platinum Q1 2013

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

So Platinum's found the formula: supplement their exquisite gameplay with stereotypical stylistic choices for gamers: Blood (MadWorld), Tits (Bayonetta), Space Marines (Vanquish)

What's scary is that you're right on target.

Max Anarchy

@OT

Go Sonic Colors!

Smeags said:
Mr Khan said:

What's scary is that you're right on target.

Max Anarchy

@OT

Go Sonic Colors!

Holy hell. I was aware of that game, but not aware that it was made by Platinum

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Well, I'm glad that Vanquish has sold so high, but I'm pretty sure the only reason it sold was after retailers cut the price of the title just because they wanted to get rid of their stock (like Lords of Shadow)

Around the Network
Chibi.V.29 said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

Vanquish was massively over-shipped, they will only be able to get rid of their first shipment with a massive price cut as they previously did with MadWorld.

Realy? O.o how much was it over shipped?

Too much. Sega should realise by now what sales they can expect from these games. After all, it's around the same area as, say, The Conduit and Madworld. So, they should've seen it coming!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I haven't seen Vanquish all over the shelves here in the US when they had that temp/permanent price drop to $40.

Also I don't see how It costs them a ton to make just because It's a "next gen" title, the game was only 5-6 hours long.

It's just that simple.

Conegamer said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

Vanquish was massively over-shipped, they will only be able to get rid of their first shipment with a massive price cut as they previously did with MadWorld.

Too much. Sega should realise by now what sales they can expect from these games. After all, it's around the same area as, say, The Conduit and Madworld. So, they should've seen it coming!

To be fair its the retailers fault. SEGA can't force games on to retailers, SEGA might be good at convincing retailers to take on games and Vanquish (from the trailers/concept) seemed like a on paper winner in terms of sales so retailers probably expected more copies to be sold which is fair enough.

By now retailers should have realised they overstocked past SEGA games, but again on paper vanquish seemed like it could sell a lot.

Tekken 6 was overshipped in eu by over 1.5 Million units (yes it really was) so this isn't even that bad.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Sonic Colors is definitely undertracked. 1.85 million shipped as of the end of December, and VgChartz has it at 1,321,101 combined LTD. You've got to think that they've shipped more copies since then, and there's no way there are 300,000 copies of each game sitting on the shelves.

I knew something was funny when VgChartz had Sonic Unleashed Wii outselling Sonic Colors Wii in America this week.

---------------
The Board is the best site on the Internet.

darthdevidem01 said:
Conegamer said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

To be fair its the retailers fault. SEGA can't force games on to retailers, SEGA might be good at convincing retailers to take on games and Vanquish (from the trailers/concept) seemed like a on paper winner in terms of sales so retailers probably expected more copies to be sold which is fair enough.

By now retailers should have realised they overstocked past SEGA games, but again on paper vanquish seemed like it could sell a lot.

Tekken 6 was overshipped in eu by over 1.5 Million units (yes it really was) so this isn't even that bad.

True. But much of the blame should also be placed on Sega PR, if these games were advertised better to the public from day 1, then they wouldn't have excess stock...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.