By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So, Let's Talk PS3 Mass Effect 2 Sales

...ROFLOL!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
Onibaka said:
viperlegendkiller said:
Onibaka said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Oh and people may have gotten superior games like LBP2 instead in the same timeframe

this.

Mass Effect surely is in Top 10 or even in Top 5 of Xbox 360. I liked it. But IMO, isn't even one of the best games of PS3.

This was hyped to hell because this was released in march on x360. Now it's rereleasing in the same time at Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2 and even after Gran Turismo 5(not everyone buys 1 game every month).

What exclusives were released in 2010 for x360? And for PS3? I don't need to go further...

Sorry if this is considered to be flame...it's not my intention to troll, only trying to undertand the psychological effect on ME2 in the 2 differet plataforms.

best 2010 xbox exclusives were splinter cell,  mass effect and halo reach those 3 games are better than anything thats came out on ps3 since mgs4

Well....Everyone have different tastes...

There are people in this world that don't like meat,  or men that likes other men.

XD Just joking!

i am scared

So, Lets Talk PS3 Mass Effect 2 Sales! :D

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

A Pro-Playstation friend (he only got a Xbox 360 recently but had the PS3 since MGS4) of mine got Mass Effect 2 for the Xbox 360 recently and I informed him that the PS3 version was superior. But he didn't care because 1) he wanted to carry his ME1 save (Xbox 360 version) and 2) The Xbox 360 ver was $20 and he didn't feel like paying $60 for a supposedly superior version of it (according to ign).

While PS3 fans tend to rub it in the faces of Xbox fans that Xbox versions are betas and the later PS3 releases are the full version, the bottom line is that a lot of gamers (in the west at least. Japan is a bit of a different story because the Xbox is so niche over there. And even then I think SO4 sold more for the 360 there. Though I haven't bothered to check those sales in awhile...), including some Playstation loyalists, don't give a shit. If the Xbox 360 version is still good and only $20, they're gonna go with that. Especially when you can carry over your old ME1 save.

Personally I did not like ME1 (just not my cup of tea. Not a fan of the combat). So I'm not even gonna bother with ME2 at all.

after just two months in the UK, Mass Effect 2 was just £20 for the 360 version, Mass Effect 2 was £5 new in places before the PS3 version was released, quite frankly, if you wanted Mass Effect 2, you would of bought it a long time ago, the price difference between the Xbox and PS3 versions, is simply crazy, EA should of released the game for £30 max to make it remotely competitive 

Around the Network
loves2splooge said:

A Pro-Playstation friend of mine got Mass Effect 2 for the Xbox 360 recently and I informed him that the PS3 version was superior. But he didn't care because 1) he wanted to carry his ME1 save (Xbox 360 version) and 2) The Xbox 360 ver was $20 and he didn't feel like paying $60 for a supposedly superior version of it (according to ign).

While PS3 fans tend to rub it in the faces of Xbox fans that Xbox versions are betas and the later PS3 releases are the full version, the bottom line is that a lot of gamers (in the west at least. Japan is a bit of a different story because the Xbox is so niche over there. And even then I think SO4 sold more for the 360 there. Though I haven't bothered to check those sales in awhile...), including some Playstation loyalists, don't give a shit. If the Xbox 360 version is still good and only $20, they're gonna go with that. Especially when you can carry over your old ME1 save.

Personally I did not like ME1 (just not my cup of tea. Not a fan of the combat). So I'm not even gonna bother with ME2 at all.

But don't you want to splooge? 

d21lewis said:
loves2splooge said:

A Pro-Playstation friend of mine got Mass Effect 2 for the Xbox 360 recently and I informed him that the PS3 version was superior. But he didn't care because 1) he wanted to carry his ME1 save (Xbox 360 version) and 2) The Xbox 360 ver was $20 and he didn't feel like paying $60 for a supposedly superior version of it (according to ign).

But don't you want to splooge? 

Yeah apparently there's splooging in Mass Effect (with aliens to boot). But I can always just youtube that shit I guess. I did see the scene with that Miranda Lawson chick (I think that's her name). It was so robotic. is that supposed to be hot? I'll stick to my eroge. lol.

Reasonable said:

I know, but what it means is that MS is often exposed to the risk of loss of exclusives, particularly now when globally, most popular titles sell roughly the same on each console.  For most developers this means multi is the safest route to go.  I don't mean MS has to own the studios outright, but it should engage in deals where it owns the IP fully and the developer is just developing it.  That way they keep control.

The whole 'sorta exclusive' is just a weak position to be in IMHO.

Your average 360 owner, though, doesn't really care about if a game is exclusive or not.  They just want to know if they can play it on the 360.

As for the ip/dev situation you mentioned, I'd really be suprised if the really talented independent studios out there would agree to a work-for-hire situation like that.  Most really want to retain the rights more than anything.

Releasing a year-late port at full price is never a good idea, and almost without exception, your game will bomb.

Why would PS3 owners who have never played Mass Effect suddenly want to buy this shiny but still old RPG with its complicated universe, when for the same price, they could buy a brand new game?

They don't know what they're missing, but they're not going to pay $60 to find out.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

loves2splooge said:

A Pro-Playstation friend (he only got a Xbox 360 recently but had the PS3 since MGS4) of mine got Mass Effect 2 for the Xbox 360 recently and I informed him that the PS3 version was superior. But he didn't care because 1) he wanted to carry his ME1 save (Xbox 360 version) and 2) The Xbox 360 ver was $20 and he didn't feel like paying $60 for a supposedly superior version of it (according to ign).

That doesn't make sense. The combat in ME2 is completely different than ME1's combat.