By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Paris 3DS day impressions

megaman79 said:

Rumours suggest there'll be a 3DS preview/playable demos at Nintendo Experience at Melbournes EBGames in the next weekor so, IM DEFINITELY GOING NOW!!!

Really? More info!?

Around the Network
puffy said:

You didn't pay much attention to Steel Diver!? Oh well it's only my most anticipated launch window game :P

About blue vs black 3DS, my concern is games like OoT with vibrant colours might clash with the blue colour, did you find that at all?

yeah well I probably should have done my reading before hand :p the lady at the booth did say that was her favorite game ^^ but she also said it was preloaded on the console ?? so I figured I'd have it anyways... I guess that was only the demo one cause i see the retail version online ^^

The blue console actually has a black pannel arround the 3D screen, I wasn't bothered at all by the colors. The bottom screen will of course have less focus so they didn't bother. I played OOT and I didn't any problems, the 3D looked great in it and the top screen renders pretty well the N64 graphics. Game looked nice. My favorite novelty in it though was the aiming by moving the whole console =)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

megaman79 said:

Rumours suggest there'll be a 3DS preview/playable demos at Nintendo Experience at Melbournes EBGames in the next weekor so, IM DEFINITELY GOING NOW!!!

I got my invite last weekend for the paris one... so keep the hope up

Galaki said:
Hephaestos said:

Back at home I had her try on my 3Dvision on Street fighter 4... she thought the 3D was much more bearable there and less sickening than when she watched over my shoulder over there. When she played she tuned down the 3DS 3D knob. I guess if you have low tolerance, you should really be carefull to play the 3D straight on and with a lower setting at firs (over the shoulder viewing has you in a position that is a bit off for the screen).

That right there is the added problem. The 3D on 3DS is meant for the player. Someone looking over your shoulder would have the focus point off and easier to cause disorientation.

yes and my GF is very sensitive to this and very prone to motion sickness. Still she expressed some similar feelings on the games she played herself and tuned down the 3D (she's not used to 3D besides cinema). So I guess the high setting on the console is also too high for the untrained eye.

Hephaestos said:
Galaki said:
Hephaestos said:

Back at home I had her try on my 3Dvision on Street fighter 4... she thought the 3D was much more bearable there and less sickening than when she watched over my shoulder over there. When she played she tuned down the 3DS 3D knob. I guess if you have low tolerance, you should really be carefull to play the 3D straight on and with a lower setting at firs (over the shoulder viewing has you in a position that is a bit off for the screen).

That right there is the added problem. The 3D on 3DS is meant for the player. Someone looking over your shoulder would have the focus point off and easier to cause disorientation.

yes and my GF is very sensitive to this and very prone to motion sickness. Still she expressed some similar feelings on the games she played herself and tuned down the 3D (she's not used to 3D besides cinema). So I guess the high setting on the console is also too high for the untrained eye.

Yeah, I am sure I'll have problem with seasickness, too. The same way fps does to me.

Although, during the Quake2 era when I used to play every day, that problem was non-existant.

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
puffy said:

You didn't pay much attention to Steel Diver!? Oh well it's only my most anticipated launch window game :P

yeah well I probably should have done my reading before hand :p the lady at the booth did say that was her favorite game ^^ but she also said it was preloaded on the console ?? so I figured I'd have it anyways... I guess that was only the demo one cause i see the retail version online ^^

You also have gyro-control for the periscope in this game, which I've read is really good, as good as Zelda. So try the demo before getting the game.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I think u will get used with the 3D after a while just like when u get a new pair of  glasses.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Hephaestos said:

_ Zelda ( Playable... looks real nice, N64 graphics on a small screen have nothing to be shy about. The 3D works just great and should be usefull for the platforming parts. There are nice additions, like the aiming... you can use the console gyroscope for the slingshot and do as if you were really aiming... that's a neafty trick that feels great and is impressive. I've played the game to death in its original form, but if you haven't, this version is definitely a must buy).

Sorry but you must be remembering the N64 version as being really good looking if you think the 3DS version looks like the N64 version on a small screen :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Galaki said:
Hephaestos said:
Galaki said:
Hephaestos said:

Yeah, I am sure I'll have problem with seasickness, too. The same way fps does to me.

Although, during the Quake2 era when I used to play every day, that problem was non-existant.

Funny i also have this problem with some FPSs like Fear , and i also had this problem with DK 64 the desert level always made me feel bad - i wonder why - But 3D for is a natural thing i just love it ^^

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

does it give you headache?

good review, on par with what i am expecting. Nintendo games will be great.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)