By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony's Financial Results for Oct-Dec 2010

God people and there "they overship!!!! OMFG!"  Seriously, if Sony "overships" then, guess what, retailers won't be asking for more shipments come next quarter, and the quarter after, etc. etc.  So if they overship now, the numbers would show it in following quarters.

People have been saying Sony has overshipped for a while now and I don't see any numbers really backing them up.

Around the Network
DarkintheLight said:
bannedagain said:
DarkintheLight said:
bannedagain said:
DarkintheLight said:
Shipment numbers are accurate, meaning if VG chartz was accurate they would be consistent with Sony's (and MSes and Nintendo's) shipment numbers, trying to be accurate in every single region is just stupid if you don't have accurate sources in the region, more accurate to make an overall estimate 

There are a lot more ps3's on the shelfs then xbox's. So that means there where more xbox's sold because they where out of stock everywhere. I had to drive to hours to get a xbox before christmas. all the while ps3's where all over the place.

SO THE NUMBERS ARE RIGHT.

PS3'S ON SHELF = NOT SOLD.

XBOX 360 OFF THE SHELFS AND NO WHERE TO BE FOUND = SOLD

GET IT.

You obviously don't understand the meaning of the word consistent 

Yes you are right. they are not very consistant and I did miss that I Guess. Was making a point  to people that the sales are  not off as of now. They are now most likely right on, after a bunch of adjustments. 

They aren't accurate though 360s are way too high and ps3s are about right, it's hard to tell if they do have 2 million on shelves it's too high but I doubt they have that much on the shelves 

well PS3 is 1.55m on shelves(between VGC and Sony shipment)

EncodedNybble said:

God people and there "they overship!!!! OMFG!"  Seriously, if Sony "overships" then, guess what, retailers won't be asking for more shipments come next quarter, and the quarter after, etc. etc.  So if they overship now, the numbers would show it in following quarters.

People have been saying Sony has overshipped for a while now and I don't see any numbers really backing them up.

it's wishful thinking

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Our numbers are fine guys. 47.9m PS3s through December 2010 - we had 46.34m. X360 is 50.8m shipped, 50.5m sold (maybe high), Wii is 84.64m shipped through Dec, 83.66m sold.

I'll have more detailed analysis of all the data tommorow. You all should check out the stickied shipment thread in the sales forum for now.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

D-Joe said:
DarkintheLight said:
bannedagain said:
DarkintheLight said:
bannedagain said:
DarkintheLight said:
Shipment numbers are accurate, meaning if VG chartz was accurate they would be consistent with Sony's (and MSes and Nintendo's) shipment numbers, trying to be accurate in every single region is just stupid if you don't have accurate sources in the region, more accurate to make an overall estimate 

There are a lot more ps3's on the shelfs then xbox's. So that means there where more xbox's sold because they where out of stock everywhere. I had to drive to hours to get a xbox before christmas. all the while ps3's where all over the place.

GET IT.

Yes you are right. they are not very consistant and I did miss that I Guess. Was making a point  to people that the sales are  not off as of now. They are now most likely right on, after a bunch of adjustments. 

They aren't accurate though 360s are way too high and ps3s are about right, it's hard to tell if they do have 2 million on shelves it's too high but I doubt they have that much on the shelves 

Like I said if it's 2 million on the self VG charts numbers for ps3 are too high, or it could be right on, or they could be a little low, can go either way for ps3, but 360 numbers are too high, either way you can't use vg numbers to determine the number on selves if you are trying to see if VG chartz is consistent, but it seems close enough for ps3 

Around the Network
EncodedNybble said:

It's actually been an entire year now that people have used that excuse.  Well, either that or Sony is lying.  And yes, it is annoying.

@ D-Joe

That's actually pretty spot on.  However, it is hard to believe that the 360 only had ~ 300K left on shelves in the entire world.  I know there were shortages in America, but that should have made it maybe ~ 1 mil on shelves.  Also, as I stated before, if you are to believe these numbers as accurate, MS is having an incredible 1st quarter.  I mean it sold the rest of the 300K and ~1 mil more in Jan, when Sony is expected to SHIP 2 mil for Jan-Mar, and it's on track to outsell the 360 for Jan according to weekly numbers here.  For MS to even pull that off would mean there are no shortages, which we know there were in Jan for America.

All PS systems doing great, even the mighty PS2 10 years!

I too find it difficult how Sony wexpect 2.8 mill for PS3 this Q1, but if they've been hitting targets we've been expecting them to miss all year so somehow they'll likel hit it again. I guess the emerging markets Sony have invested in are paying back, maybe something for MS and Nintendo to look at!

It's V possible PS3 could out ship 360 LTD this year, but I see 360 putting up too much of a fight, so it'll likely stay flat.

Q42010,Q1,Q2,Q3,Q42011 PS3 outshipped 360 by approx 3.6, and they have 2.9 to overcome. Think next Q will set the tone.

DarkintheLight said:
D-Joe said:
DarkintheLight said:
bannedagain said:
DarkintheLight said:
bannedagain said:
DarkintheLight said:

GET IT.

Like I said if it's 2 million on the self VG charts numbers for ps3 are too high, or it could be right on, or they could be a little low, can go either way for ps3, but 360 numbers are too high, either way you can't use vg numbers to determine the number on selves if you are trying to see if VG chartz is consistent, but it seems close enough for ps3 

when i said that?

P.S does anyone have the NPS division profits in $? It was around $45 bill yen

D-Joe said:
DarkintheLight said:
D-Joe said:
DarkintheLight said:
bannedagain said:
DarkintheLight said:
bannedagain said:
DarkintheLight said:

GET IT.

when i said that?

was using it in the general it's mathematically impossible sense