By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony's Financial Results for Oct-Dec 2010

I agree with The Source, our numbers are fine people. Although this quarter basically backs up the adjustments that we saw after last quarter to sales in MEAA and South America. There were people saying that our numbers in those regions were pure guesswork but if we hadn't had them the gap between shipped and sold would be getting pretty laughable at this point.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

The PS2 needs an adjustement >.>

VGC has it at 142 million (Below DS! :((()

It's undertracked by 10 million or so!

I think you guys should forget about the PS3 and care more about the PS2.

An amazing year for the PS3, with software coming alive. I don't know about about their target but they did not revised it. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Boutros said:

The PS2 needs an adjustement >.>

VGC has it at 142 million (Below DS! :((()

It's undertracked by 10 million or so!

I think you guys should forget about the PS3 and care more about the PS2.

PS2 was always undertracked on this site...like MGS2!

OT: awesome numbers...it getting better and better...Sony will top these numbers 2011...at least for PS3 HW & SW!

Do we have an update on GT5 shipment yet?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

STUFF....STUFFFFFFFF....STUFFFFFFFFFFF!

This is based on my own personal travels, but i travel for a living.  I have been traveling throughout the upper midwest regions of the US.  I like to hit all the local stores for various reasons as I travel.  I have seen very few 360's during the first 3 weeks of January, but have seen that change the last week or so.  But as far as the PS3 goes, STUFFF!!!!  At one Best Buy alone, they had PILES/Stacks of them.  I thought it odd, so i tried to count and they had atleast 150 of them just stacked on the floor.  I could have thought that was an anomoly, but 2 days later at another Best Buy, they had something similar(at least 100 ).  I also went to a local walmart after going to the second Best Buy and they don't put their stock out on the floor.  I was talking to the guy that works in the electronics area and he said they had a massive pallet full in back, and that they had it since before christmas.  This is only a small sample of the number of stores that i went to, but i will tell you that just about all of them were similar.

Again, this isn't everywhere.  Just my own experience.  No, Sony did not lie about their shipped numbers, that's for sure.

Looks like DS may outship PS2 by June 2010 and they're dead on PS3, now the numbers shall be more accurate.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

whats the difference between VGC and sony shipped???

anyways thats some awsome numbers right there profits too!!!.

landguy1 said:

STUFF....STUFFFFFFFF....STUFFFFFFFFFFF!

This is based on my own personal travels, but i travel for a living.  I have been traveling throughout the upper midwest regions of the US.  I like to hit all the local stores for various reasons as I travel.  I have seen very few 360's during the first 3 weeks of January, but have seen that change the last week or so.  But as far as the PS3 goes, STUFFF!!!!  At one Best Buy alone, they had PILES/Stacks of them.  I thought it odd, so i tried to count and they had atleast 150 of them just stacked on the floor.  I could have thought that was an anomoly, but 2 days later at another Best Buy, they had something similar(at least 100 ).  I also went to a local walmart after going to the second Best Buy and they don't put their stock out on the floor.  I was talking to the guy that works in the electronics area and he said they had a massive pallet full in back, and that they had it since before christmas.  This is only a small sample of the number of stores that i went to, but i will tell you that just about all of them were similar.

Again, this isn't everywhere.  Just my own experience.  No, Sony did not lie about their shipped numbers, that's for sure.

I guess what would be really interesting is knowing how many consoles can be in the pipe and how that pipe is made up. I work in manufacturing and when we want to get good numbers we entice our distribution to hold stock by taking orders which could lead to a very full pipe and higher than expected sell thru for us. The downside clearly is we can then enter a baron period.

Having seen higher sell thru to distribution from Sony on consecutive periods it becomes increasingly difficult to believe that they are just filling an already stuffed pipe which then leads you to the conclusion they must be shifting them.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

So to clarify then they shipped 6.3m PS3's right? VGC has the period at almost 6.6m PS3's sold.  Which means we should see it adjusted down by 300k correct?