By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Red Steel 2. WTH happened???

megaman79 said:

But imo it was primarily Monster Hunter 3 that did it. I bought that, instead of RS2, and i spent months playing it.

I think that speaks to a greater problem. People who have a console in addition to the wii generally seem to buy nintendo games or an established series they love. 

OP I completely agree, it is a crying shame such a great game sold so poorly. I'm blaming pirates, general wii audience, and Ubisoft equally. 

All you naysayers are crazy, shooting someone in the kneecap, then shooting up their jugular is fun, satisfying, yet not overly violent. Love it! 

Around the Network
oniyide said:

No ads??? BS if your a gamer you dont need ads to tell you when a game is out. YOu visit websites post on forums so your in the know, whats the real reason why people didnt support this,

I have to disagree with this. Not every gamer visit websites, I have a few friends that knew about the game because I told them and I'm sure there are many more. I'm not trying to blame Ubisoft fot the lack of ads, I know I didn't see any but I dont really care. I could be the quality of the game, the bad reception of the first one, etc.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

The Wii just doesn't do hardcore. It just can't.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

@pacman91  yeah i could see that ill add that it seems most multiplat owners generally buy more games for the HD console than they do for the Wii (not that I blame them) me personally i try my absolute best to buy as much quality 3rd party games on Wii as I can, as ive not been to impressed with Ninty games this gen, hell ive only bought 3 ninty games for Wii period, Smash Bros, Galaxy 2 and Sin & Punishment. It wasnt like this last gen, i could honestly say my library between GC & PS2 were about even with maybe 5 more PS2 games than Wii at any given time. now I have like 35 PS3 to 8 Wii something has to change

i actually prefer the original over Red Steel 2... in Original Red Steel... i actually found atleast alittle replay value and it had a story even if it was meh, red steel 2 didn't have a story at all.. the only thing Red Steel 2 wins is the controls

Around the Network

and this game did have ad's i did see it on tv

What happened? The Wii audience doesn't care.

Its the same console where CoD Black Ops is struggling to pass a million.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I think it was a combination of piracy, the fact that monster hunter tri gave you a whole lot for your money with a lenghty single player and an absolutely massive online play and was released in the same timeframe. Theres also the problem of some  gamers that havent buyed a motion plus as the amount of games that use the peripheral is pretty thin so it doesnt justify a mandatory purchase (I know a few) though that could change with the release of Zelda.

^^^^ thats somewhat true, but the amount of people that bought Sports Resort is alot and Wiis are coming packed with it know, I dont think Zelda is going to really change it that much, Zelda is not going to do 20mil

There are several reasons:

1. People were burned by the first one

2. Is a short game, around 10-12 hours

3. Lack of local multiplayer

4. Lack of any online multiplayer

5. A lot of people pirated the game (more than 800k according to a torrent website)

6. Very little advertisement

7. Awful launch date, same month as Battlefield: Bad Company 2, God of War 3 and Final Fantasy XIII