By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3DS vs PSP: Which actually has the best graphics?

davidd_err18 said:

Just for the sake of comparission :D

Tekken 6 PSP (2009)

Dead or Alive: Dimensions 3DS (2011)

And the winner is...PSP! Loljk, 3DS is the obvious winner here. There will be a significant graphical jump for the 3DS in its 2nd-3rd year compared to its launch year. That's usually the case for all consoles.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network

3DS. Bear in mind, Ghost of Sparta use the PSP's full potential. The first round of 3DS games, which are all first time projects, are already at least on par with the PSP.

Love and tolerate.

Also, I am happy with the graphics of the 3DS =)! I just LOVE Kid Icarus and Zelda*grooling*

Just HEAR the music of kid icarus :,)!!!!

This reminds me of the Wii vs XBOX graphics comparison thread we had a while back, just without all the flaming and ignorance.

MrT-Tar said:

This reminds me of the Wii vs XBOX graphics comparison thread we had a while back, just without all the flaming and ignorance.

That comparison was fairer than the 3DS vs PSP. PSP has a fixed function pipeline, while 3DS has a plethora of different shaders, not programmable, fixed in hardware, but the effects the pica provides are much more similar to the Shader DX9 model than to the fixed pipeline of DX7.

XBox had shader effects easier to program than Wii, and with similar results. It doesn't mean that it's graphics chip is more powerful, which it isn't, it only means that you can program similar effects in both consoles, in the case of PSP an 3DS it's not possible.

Around the Network

i will give you a very easy example

when you compare 3DS graphics with NGP its like you are comparing DS with PSP that difference

get it?

AnveL said:

i will give you a very easy example

when you compare 3DS graphics with NGP its like you are comparing DS with PSP that difference

get it?

umm yea but that's kinda off topic given the 3DS vs PSP nature of the thread don't you think...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

HappySqurriel said:

From what I have seen (on the internets) from looking at similar games on the PSP and 3DS, the 3DS tends to have moderately more detailed character models and significantly more detailed environments; and this is first generation 3DS games vs. later generation PSP games, while the 3DS displays in 3D.

And this is why the first games in PS3 looked worst than in PS2?

Or will be the case comparing PS4 early games to Wii late games??

I don't agree...

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

since when are graphics important to nintendo fans, isnt it all about the gameplay?

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:

since when are graphics important to nintendo fans, isnt it all about the gameplay?

It's not a Nintendo fan who created this thread. What Nintendo fans should do? Whatever we say it's a lose/lose situation in your eyes. If we refute the fallacy in the Op, in your eyes we are implying that graphics are fundamental, providing to Sony fans a reason to bash the 3DS in comparison of the NeoGeo Portable. If we don't refute it, then we are admitting that PSP has better graphics than 3DS, which it's not true at all.

Another point is that saying that gameplay is much more important than graphics doesn't mean that great graphics aren't important, it means that aren't fundamental.