By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Big 3 Gaming Divisions Profits since 2000

Updated!

Around the Network
Seece said:

Updated!

Careful, in 2011 you seem to have mixed up Sony and Nintendo bars (at least the order). Also you might want to add that nice cumulative graph from a few posts up to the OP, or make your own :)

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Carl2291 said:

I always thought that the PS2 was like... Reaaaaaally profitable.

I guess I was wrong. It didn't do as well as I originally though, profit-wise.

Also, the amount of profit Nintendo were making with 08/09/10 makes me sick.

I agree, on both accounts. I guess it reveals some flaws in their business model. Between PS1 and PS2 they sold over 250m systems and apparently only made a few billion... which they lost. I always assumed the PS2 made money hand over fist. I guess this explains why they lost all the profit from PS1 and PS2 on the PS3.

The 360's profit is really picking up though, looks like it's past year was better than any single year of the PS2 - surprising considering it's number of units will never come close to matching it. Maybe this will convince Sony of the value of charging for a good online service?

Hard to believe that with one console on the market, M$ is making more cash than its competitors...smart business!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Seece said:
scapegoatsqueal said:

Update it with SEGA's profits though the 2000-2010 decade too! I'd like to know if I should keep this Dreamcast 2 pre-order money or not

No sega are irrelevent, and they're not coming back to the HW race ...

scared to discover the truth, i see

Above: Best Wii game since Brawl.

Around the Network

Wow, Sony are going to post their biggest profit since 2004 this fiscal year. PS2 must be such a huge cash cow at this point. The console must be dirt cheap to produce by now.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

I love this thread so much <3

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

scapegoatsqueal said:
Seece said:
scapegoatsqueal said:

Update it with SEGA's profits though the 2000-2010 decade too! I'd like to know if I should keep this Dreamcast 2 pre-order money or not

No you really DON'T want to see those numbers. Sega's numbers aren't that impressive.

OK, it's settled. I will never read a theard with the title "Nintendo should do....", because they clearly know what they are doing.

Darc Requiem said:
scapegoatsqueal said:
Seece said:
scapegoatsqueal said:

No you really DON'T want to see those numbers. Sega's numbers aren't that impressive.

no...no i really do. and if they 'aren't that impressive', how come they made moar $ in profit this year than any other third party, hmm?

Above: Best Wii game since Brawl.