By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why PSP2 (NGP) > iPhone > Andriod > NDS2 > Zune\wp7

PhantomLink said:
Munkeh111 said:

I may have said this before, but PSP2 wins because of 1 word:

Uncharted!!!

(well for people who like Uncharted, I am sure Nintendo fans could make the argument with a certain M-word...)

Nintendo hasn't announced a Metroid game for 3DS yet.

mario is the world. not metroid mario.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
PhantomLink said:
Munkeh111 said:

I may have said this before, but PSP2 wins because of 1 word:

Uncharted!!!

(well for people who like Uncharted, I am sure Nintendo fans could make the argument with a certain M-word...)

Nintendo hasn't announced a Metroid game for 3DS yet.

...Mario

You think the iPhone is a better gaming platform than the 3DS?

I'm sorry, that's utter tosh in my opinion. As far as handhelds go, Nintendo reign supreme in that category, even I can say that despite my less than loving attitude towards handheld gaming. Games on phones are mostly shit and the few ones that aren't a pure gimmick with no depth, usually have lousy controls.

Edit; Also, let's give the PSP2 and the 3DS a chance to show their mettle before we pass judgement.

Mummelmann said:

You think the iPhone is a better gaming platform than the 3DS?

I'm sorry, that's utter tosh in my opinion. As far as handhelds go, Nintendo reign supreme in that category, even I can say that despite my less than loving attitude towards handheld gaming. Games on phones are mostly shit and the few ones that aren't a pure gimmick with no depth, usually have lousy controls.

Edit; Also, let's give the PSP2 and the 3DS a chance to show their mettle before we pass judgement.

Yeap, ... try Dungeon Defenders for Android and iPhone/iPad, it´s marvelous and it´s hardcore, it´s not gimmick.. it´s amazing, one good example of how much iPhone rulez.

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

I am all for opinions, but did this really deserve it's own thread? In the sony forums? 

Around the Network
kibebr said:

Hi, this is my personal opinion: (SORRY ABOUT MY TERRIBLE ENGLISH)

1)NGP (PSP2):  Real upgrade, Has buttons, is integrated into PSN, share games with PS3. Focus on Hardcore gamers and can be used as a PAD for social, teleconf, videoconf, browse, mail (urght), etc... it´s a PAD with muscles and with gamming interface.  
   These features makes that portable really apealling for the next 5 years, only thing that will make sales not be hight could be the starting price over $200.

It's going to cost considerably more than that. I will be very surprised if it launches for less than $300, and pretty surprised at anything lower than $350.

Also, you really can't call 3D a pointless gimmick, when glasses-free 3D has hardly been achieved by anyone, and when the two largest barriers to 3D at the moment are glasses and price, and the 3DS is $250.

Quality is subjective, but the NGP is not going to outperform the 3DS.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

kibebr said:
AussieGecko said:

what I believe is you shouldnt create a thread about how good phone/mobile gaming systems are based wholey on your opinion.

This is seriously flamebait, how could it not be?

Sorry, but I can´t post my opinion, even if I explain it´s my opinion?

You can post your opinions freely as long as they praise Nintendo ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

What the fuck is this thread? What dumb arguments have you got there? If there is an improvement somewhere, 3DS beats hands down NGP in terms of biggest improvement over the predecessor. Seriously, some fanboys are getting more than annoying of VG, going crazy about the NGP. I can't help myself but wonder why a lot of people need to write "NGP is better than 3DS".

NGP is a great handheld from what I saw, but it hasn't the big argument of 3DS, which is 3D, which is very mainstream now. So 3DS will sell better in my point of view.

Plus, it has a better library of game in 1 year than the Wii had in its lifespan. So, the sales will be constant and won't drop as easily as Wiis.

Kantor said:
kibebr said:

Hi, this is my personal opinion: (SORRY ABOUT MY TERRIBLE ENGLISH)

1)NGP (PSP2):  Real upgrade, Has buttons, is integrated into PSN, share games with PS3. Focus on Hardcore gamers and can be used as a PAD for social, teleconf, videoconf, browse, mail (urght), etc... it´s a PAD with muscles and with gamming interface.  
   These features makes that portable really apealling for the next 5 years, only thing that will make sales not be hight could be the starting price over $200.

It's going to cost considerably more than that. I will be very surprised if it launches for less than $300, and pretty surprised at anything lower than $350.

Also, you really can't call 3D a pointless gimmick, when glasses-free 3D has hardly been achieved by anyone, and when the two largest barriers to 3D at the moment are glasses and price, and the 3DS is $250.

Quality is subjective, but the NGP is not going to outperform the 3DS.

this.

I'm going to go right out and say it there is no way in hell NGP will outsell 3DS. But I do think it will be a Critical success. Though probably lukewarm sales wise.

NGP base model will retail for $299

NGP 3G model will retail for $349 wth a subscription fee

Again just predictions but are most likely to happen.