By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Sony eat crow again?

pizzahut451 said:
Metallicube said:

If Nintendo's 3D handheld sells 150 million copies, you can bet your ass Sony will be rushing to create their very own 3D handheld, and they will probably be praising the idea as their new "fantastic innovation."

Kinda like the time when PS2 sold 150 million, and Nintendo rushed to creat very own DVD based console? Oh, wait that cant be true, Nintendo never copied anyone, because they are never wrong.

Are you really comparing Wii with PS2, based in the DVD drive?

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Acevil said:
rubido said:
Mr.Metralha said:

All this bullshit, butthurt and trash talk comes down to this:

1-  Nintendo is getting their parallax barrier screens from Sharp.

2 - Sony wasn't expecting Nintendo to jump ship on this tech.

3 - Sony won't use a costly 3rd party hardware from Sharp on their machine. Profits are already small, if any at start with NGP.

4 - Nintendo is heavily successfull with its new gimmick; Sony trash talks them while developing a proprietary 3D screen for a later NGP.

5 - Sony fanboys rejoice. 3D glassesless is now the best thing ever.

6 - Nintendo fanboys serve crow.

7 -  Overall sales patern remain pretty much the same.

Almost perfect. I would just add:

6.5 - Sony fanboys deny it ever happened.

6.5 - Sony fans deny that Nintendo played any part, and that this was a decision made purely on the fact they had the technology years ago, but didn't feel like using it until now. 

And then steps 8 through to ∞ are Nintendo fans mentioning it at every oppurtunity with (I percieve) a shit eating grin on their faces.

Like this?

rubido said:

Like this?

I've never put the two together before, but yer right, that is the quintessential shit eating grin.

pizzahut451 said:
Metallicube said:

If Nintendo's 3D handheld sells 150 million copies, you can bet your ass Sony will be rushing to create their very own 3D handheld, and they will probably be praising the idea as their new "fantastic innovation."

Kinda like the time when PS2 sold 150 million, and Nintendo rushed to creat very own DVD based console? Oh, wait that cant be true, Nintendo never copied anyone, because they are never wrong.

I'm sorry, that is most ridiculous comparison I've ever read. 

Torillian said:
rubido said:

Like this?

I've never put the two together before, but yer right, that is the quintessential shit eating grin.

Lol!!

And you are right, steps 8 to infinity should be added. Part of the natural way things are done in gaming forums.

Around the Network

The analog stick on the 3DS.

I love Nintendo and all, but I do get fucking tired of the "Sony copies everything from Nintendo and Nintendo possibly could do no wrong" attitude that many people have.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

daroamer said:
pizzahut451 said:
Metallicube said:

I'm sorry, that is most ridiculous comparison I've ever read. 

Of course it is ! How retarded am i for saying something that doesnt favour Nintendo??? Wow, all this blind Sony fanboyism sure got me.

Kynes said:
pizzahut451 said:
Metallicube said:

Are you really comparing Wii with PS2, based in the DVD drive?

Yes, I am doing exactly that.

pizzahut451 said:
Metallicube said:

Who said they are never wrong? I agree, tacking on the DVD drive on the GC model in Japan was a really foolish move.

FinalEvangelion said:

The analog stick on the 3DS.

I love Nintendo and all, but I do get fucking tired of the "Sony copies everything from Nintendo and Nintendo possibly could do no wrong" attitude that many people have.

You and me both, brother.